Training Frequency?

wd8dky

I've done some poking around, but haven't found any workout reports that talk about bending. How many times per week do you guys bend? I've been trying to find that sweet spot between overtraining and not.

I've been doing two bending "workouts" per week, one heavier and one lighter. The lighter workout is to practice form, and the heavier one is to, well, go heavy. I try and bend at least one 60D twisted nail every day, just because I'm hooked.

I do some assistance work (sledge levering) one other day each week as well.

Just curious how you guys mix it up.

Thanks,

Paul

I'm bending every sixth day, and occasionally more frequently when I can't help myself. I've also made great results bending every three days. But experiment a little and find what you and your body prefer.

I also bend about once a week with the occation midweek bending session thrown in. Midweek sessions are almost alway light to medium workouts. When I first started bending I was only bending really easy stuff for the first month or so and I was bending about three times a week. Then I got hold of some reasonably hard stock and was bending at max level and I was still bending three times a week. I ended up getting injured badly enough that I took a month and a half off of climbing and three and a half months off of bending. I could have started bending a month earlier but I was not sure it was worth the risk. I finally could not resist and I started the once a week regime. I increase my volume and intensity each week and have had great results over the last four months or so. Much better results than when I was bending more often.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the other grip work, I cannot bend more than once per week, otherwise will overtrain easy.

:cry

I was bending 3 times a week and I was overtraining. For me, I think I need to do 1 time a week. I also like to bend a spiral timber tie every day or so to keep my hands conditioned. If I havent bent in a while, my hands will hurt for days afterwards.