How Many Grippers Do You Have?

denver

i might have replied before.. i forget. my grippers CoC : 1, 1.5, 2, 2, 2.5 . Beefbuilders : M, SM, GM, E, SE

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magnus

• Tim71

• twig

• JAU1985

I got a couple

IM #T

IM #1

IM #2

IM #3 easy

IM #3 avg

IM #3 Hard Filed

IM #3.5

IM #4

IM #4 in package

IM #4 hard Filed

IMTug #5

IMTug #6

IMTug #7

PDA DA ISG

HG300 Filed

BBE Easy

BBE adj

BBE Hard

BBSE adj

BBSE hard

BBGE adj

BBP

BBWC

RB210

RB330

FBBC Super

and a few prototype customs

I'm prolly forgetting some as those were what I could think of off the top of my head

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

not much to update, looking forward to getting some fbbc and acorn grippers when they come out though

coc: t, filed 1, filed 1.5, 2, 2.5, 2.5 ready for filing, 3

rb: filed 160, 180, 210, 240n, 300n

bb: m, sm, gm

pda, 262, 456

rp trainer

vulcan gripper

COC T, 1, 2, 2.5, 3

BB SM

T-6, T-7, T-8, T-9

RB 210

Tetting retro He-man and Beast

Coc T, 1,2, 2.5, 3

(2) store platic crap-tastic

and a friend thought that the blue CoC gripper helpers from IM were grippers. FWIW I think they are worthless and will prob end up with some more half step grippers in the future.

IM

2x#2

#2.5

2x#3

Tetting

T5

T6

T7

RB

240N

300 extended handle

I thought I had a lot of grippers until I read everyone else's posts.

Edited by ae_yogi

IM 1

IM 2

IM 2.5

IM 3

IM 3

IM 3.5

IM 4

Retro Beast

Vulcan gripper

Vice Gripper

still wanting a MM1 and MM2......

I have 2 handgrippers right now.

CoC #1

CoC #2

I want to get certified on the #3 and #4.

Edited by Codemaster

Store Bought

Guide

Sport

Trainer (New, easy)

Trainer (Old, harder)

PDA 343 (2.7)

Need to add 1.5 and 2.5. You know, for my boys....

Got two more BB's today!

IM: T, #1, #1.5, #2, #2.5, #3

TUGs: #1 through #7

RB: 100, 130, 160, 180, 210, 240, 260, 300

BB: SA, M, SM, GM, E

ISGDA

• 2 weeks later...

Since April I have added at least 40 more grippers and after looking through a few groups of them ...I would change my comnservative tally to 150+. With an additional 50+ Blobs of every size .(7 thru 52.5)My blue set of Blobs are being moved from storage as well (Yes, York made blue solid dumbells)We have 4 Inch Bells two 172 , 1-158, 1-132lb. I located a number or older Warren Tetting's grippers, have a complete new set including Galaxy Complete RB set, a bunch of the Jubinville welded ones and have more Silver Crush units than I thought. Some of the eariler 4s are quite interesting. IM even used Stainless steel on the handles for a short period of time. Grabbing some of the old pieces made me shudder as to their strength and stiffness. Around 35or so still retain the PDA tag from his testing done in 2001 to them . We have a large assortment of grip tools as well designed for every form of pinching, crushing, or supporting. Our anvils (about 8) range from 100 thru 441lbs.

Is there a gripper "historian" out there? There are some here that I think would blow his/their mind......RS

Since April I have added at least 40 more grippers and after looking through a few groups of them ...I would change my comnservative tally to 150+. With an additional 50+ Blobs of every size .(7 thru 52.5)My blue set of Blobs are being moved from storage as well (Yes, York made blue solid dumbells)We have 4 Inch Bells two 172 , 1-158, 1-132lb. I located a number or older Warren Tetting's grippers, have a complete new set including Galaxy Complete RB set, a bunch of the Jubinville welded ones and have more Silver Crush units than I thought. Some of the eariler 4s are quite interesting. IM even used Stainless steel on the handles for a short period of time. Grabbing some of the old pieces made me shudder as to their strength and stiffness. Around 35or so still retain the PDA tag from his testing done in 2001 to them . We have a large assortment of grip tools as well designed for every form of pinching, crushing, or supporting. Our anvils (about 8) range from 100 thru 441lbs.

Is there a gripper "historian" out there? There are some here that I think would blow his/their mind......RS

If you have an older model SE with the .312 spring, would you mind parting it too me. :D

Anyway, how would you compare the older IM's to the newer versions?

Edited by Charles

I think David Horne would be the resident handgrip historian

I think every gripper producer has had their good and bad days and efforts to make the product uniform and great value for the dollar shows the ongoing commitment by IM. I think, looking from my designers eye, being an end user for 25+years and having an extensive mechanical backround they( the new grippers) are the best they have ever made. Any of the old pieces just add to the richness of grip history.RS

• 2 weeks later...

My grippers and the years (pretty close) that I got them:

2002: IM T, 1 (filed)

2003: IM 2, 3

2004: WT GM, PDA (don't remember exactly, but it feels inbetween my 2.5 and 3)

2008: IM T, 2.5, 3

Nick

2 plastic

remounted hg100

hg150

hg200

remounted hg250 (2.38)

hard hg300 (3.17)

hg350

CoC #3 (on the way, traded for my BBE)

BBGE

• 9 months later...