2005 British Iron Grip Championships

mobsterone

Myself and Andy Christie are looking to put on and promote the 2005 British Iron Grip Championships.

At David Hornes encouragement and combined with Andy's equipment and my ability to talk and talk and... Anyway we have more or less finalised the list of events (more on that later but soon enough for you all to train for them) we are now looking for competitors for both 'amateur' and 'pro' classes.

So all the would be British (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) competitors that would like to come and have a go and even those that would like to come on down and watch we need to know what numbers etc we'd be looking at. Once we have that we'll get to work on a venue (it'll be in or near Bournemouth, South East England), prizes, rules etc.

So email me, PM me write me a letter just get in touch. :phone

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• The Mac

• David Horne

• Mikael Siversson

May, in keeping with some of that which has gone before. I'm not sure if there will be a European comptition but it makes sense to keep to the same timetable as last year just in case.

May, in keeping with some of that which has gone before. I'm not sure if there will be a European comptition but it makes sense to keep to the same timetable as last year just in case.

I think Arne may be prepared to do it again (the Europeans), although not ending up with a major deficit (financially) this time, so don't expect to be picked up at Copenhagen Airport again. ;)

I think Arne may be prepared to do it again (the Europeans), although not ending up with a major deficit (financially) this time, so don't expect to be picked up at Copenhagen Airport again. ;)

He, he. :D

At £256 for a train ticket, I think I'VE found an excuse not to go! Sorry Mobsterone, maybe next year when I'll be more of a competetor

I think you mean you have but we'll keep it in mind. It will, dependant on numbers etc, depend on what facility we need, we get and it's availability.

If grippers are included I would guess that only one hand will be used, as Mobster has a weak lefty. ;) I am sure he will let you all know at least a week before the competition. :online Why not just have the same events as for the 2005 Europeans (which I believe Arne will organise again) so that you are not giving the Swedes an advantage by having to practice lifts that will not be included in the Europeans?