Eric Milfeld Is The 2nd!

John Beatty

Eric has successfully bent the 6" x 5/16" FBBC bar. The second man on earth to do so. Congrats!

I witnessed this and it was impressive to say the least. After nailing a filed 3 for a couple of singles he grabs his wraps and says, "lets nail this 6" bastard" Well, I saw him 2 weeks ago take (on 2 different tries) a 6" bastard to 90deg and stall out. After a little help getting it past his sticking point he could finish it off strong. Well, I think hearing of Pat's success lit a little hotter fire under Eric. Wrapping it in his leather wraps, (this is with no bending warmup, just pushups and the gripper) he says lets do it. As I am reading "The Mighty Atom" I gave the encouragement to just power right through the sticking point and just take the will from the piece of steel. Well, starting my watch when he started his move, he just dominated this piece. He took it to at least 90deg with his first move and with just a moments readjustment, melted it down. I was like, whoa. He unwrapped it to see what he had done and after finding his tape measure I looked at my watch and we were still only @ 31 seconds! He stuck the tape measure on it and he was at 2 1/32". He looked motivated to say the least. After rewrapping it quickly (and me quickly grabbing the camera to shoot a crushdown shot) he finished it to right at 1 1/2"! The whole thing took a little over a minute, just awesome. Afterwards we both hit big PRs in the spike bending, taking down full 12" easier spikes as well as one cut to 9 7/8" for me and a full 12" hard spike for both of us. Well, not content on 2 PRs in one day he put a major move on his hard PDA gripper (unsure of the strength (3.4?) right handed. Twice he got it to within a knurlings thickness of shutting it. At best a thick piece of construction paper away. If it was a photo or on video you would have said it was shut, but I was about 3" away and straining to tell if it wasn't :) That is a PR even though it didn't get totally shut. Now we are at 3 PRs for the day. Well, load up the Fat Bastard Chunk (rotating handle) and hit a 140 (?) L & R PR! Now we are @ 4 PRs in one 2hr workout... That kicks ass. Finish it off with some 2 - 35s pinch each hand for a few singles for Eric and a horseshoe for me and it was time to call it a workout (or at least Eric's wife said it was time :) ) It is amazing what some of these guys can do when they are motivated. I think Eric had just stalled out since nobody else was pushing the big Fat Bastard stock upwards. Thanks to Pat I think that more than motivated Eric. Afterwards he says "well, maybe 5.5" Fat Bastard isn't out of question" I Love it. :rock:rock:bow

That was by far our best workout together, Mike! We're some spike bending fools now. Well I can atleast vouch for the second half of that statement with full conviction. But man does my right thigh hurt now! Spikes is hurtful. :cry Yeh, the way we all motivate and intimidate (inspire, as some refer to it) eachother around here is a beautiful thing. Now if I can just convince Sandra that grip workouts are an integral part of any healthy family life, and really do require, oh, about six or seven hours to complete...

Well done Eric!

Congrats.

Great job Eric! :mosher

Rick Walker :rock

Great, Eric :bow

I figured this would happen very soon after Pat got his, have to admit this is quicker than I thought though....Good work and on to harder stock...Brett