Bending Wrenches?

Razorman

How close to the Red Nail do you have to be to get that done?

Or is that a special type of feat that mandates bending over the knee?

Cheers

Moderator edit: Off color comment removed with respect to

our female members.

Razorman, like all things grip related variance is the rule of the day. Strongmitts bent one pretty easily and at the time couldn't bend a grd 8. He cut his hand pretty badly on the effort, so be careful and pad well.

I was wondering, do all or most wrenches break if they are bent enough or just the harder/hardened ones?

I mistated that. Chris's wrench broke, and he was cut by the head of the wrench, not the break. But that's a good question, Foggy. I'm not sure.

Dollar store wrenches (crescent) are generally the easiest, but most break, this is hard on wrists and can potentially cut you, for safety I wrap them completly in an IM cloth and add add padding at ends. Walmart sells a wrench for $1.88, it is a harder wrench to bend but doesnt break, some ofthese are harder than a red some about like a grade 8, and 1 remains unbent on my shelf.......The easier dollar store stuff varies from 60d strength on up, pick 1 or 2 up and give them a try.......Also I have trouble double Overhand and feel more comfortably Doubl under.....Brett

So you bend them double underhand?? I was just wanting to know if this was something you do braced or unbraced. Thanks

The dollar store wrenches I've tried all break and aren't even as hard to start as a 60d.

6" crescent I think, there's a pic in my gallery

Edited by SqeezeMasterFlash

6 inch is what I am referring to, you can find them in many different places such as national chain dollar stores and the cheapo junky looking flea market types that have a hand written sign in the window.......The Walmart ones ae a good bend though for the most part....

I would recomend the ace hardware wrenches. I am at a point now where I can pretty easily bend a grade 5 but am a good ways away from a grade 8. The 11mm ace wrench is a good easy wrench for me to break. Another advantage to these is you can move upwards in strength. The 12mm is a little tougher and so on. The only dissadvantage is the price, about 4.50 a piece.

A funny story about that, I was in ace buying 5 of these wrenches and the guy behind the counter asked me why I was buying 5 wrenches of the same size. I explained to him that I broke them and he didnt beleive me. I grabbed a pair of gloves right off the rack next to the counter and melted one right their. About 5 ace employees just stoop there with their mouth agape. I then made a crack about the lifetime gauruntee thing. I wasnt looking for a frrbie just making a joke. The manager pointed out the fact that it states it is gaurunteed not to break under its intended use, which doesnt include strongman and grip feats. I can still see their faces, priceless.

Too funny Maverick! The trick is to make the breakage appear as an accident: "Oh darn it, I think I broke it. Must be defected. Can I have a replacement?"