A ? to all #3 closers...

Bearcat 74

How old were you when you first shut #3, and how long had you worked on the gripper?  

I've had mine since Jan. 20 and I'm 21 yrs. old.

If this has already been asked I'm sorry, I was just curious.

(Edited by Bearcat 74 at 4:01 pm on Mar. 19, 2001)

It took me 23 months to move from the #2 to the #3, and when I first closed the #3 I was one month shy of 37.  

Guest AghastGrip

I'm 15 and turn 16 in 5 days, and I can't quite close the #2 yet... I'll get it soon though! :) My goal is to close the #3 before I get out of High school. #4 before college is out..... who knows? ;)

3Crusher: thanks for the response.  I don't know if I would have had the patience to wait that long.

AghastGrip, that's good to be that close to the #2 and be 15.  I've only seen one other person close the #2, and that was my dad.  I've given my grippers to probably 20-25 people and only 5 have closed the #1 when they picked them up.  These are people who lift and work, most were over 200lbs.  Keep working and you'll shut #3 before you get out of high school.  

Niklas:  I think the reason my grip has come on so quick with the grippers is because of the type of work I do.  I go to school through the week, but on the weekends I grease big trucks with a hand gun.  The handle is similar to the shape of the gripper, and I'll do up to 30-35 trucks a weekend so it hundreds if not thousands of squezzes with the gun.  My other lifts SQ,BP,DL aren't that impressive, so that's my excuse... work.  I would like to close #4, but I think my fingers would pull off before it hit full closeur.  When people pick it up, and can't move the handles the first thing they say is, "well, lets see you do it."  So I interlock my fingers, put it between my hands, and do a few reps.  I think that will be the only way I ever close #4.

(Edited by Bearcat 74 at 7:04 pm on Mar. 19, 2001)

Guest Bobjodoin

I was 26 I think. It took me about 3 months or something like that. I had the #1 and #2 for about 2 or 3 months before that.

Bob

I was 23. got #3 in november 2000 and closed it around mid-february 2001. I had had #1 and #2 for 1 year before that but had seriously trained on them since april 2000.

train hard,

david

Thanks for the responses guys.

Bearcat 74: well..people who have works were they use ther hands all day long will get a great grip.so.. yes you are right, that might be the biggest reson on why you have that great crushing grip.Well with that strong grip your grip will never fail you when you do DL or other work.keep on training.with that spirit you will be strong in other exercises to.

I see alot of you gripmaster here.

like the swiss,aghastgrip,bearcat...etc..

will be interesting to see how far they can go..

you have the time on you side.

keepon working.

we need another #4  ! who will be the first from this board?

Niklas