Attention Aussie And Euro Benders

EricMilfeld

I assume you guys don't have easy access to the graded bolts, and was wondering if there's an interest in acquiring some. I have a few ideas. You may shoot them out of the water, or better yet, improve upon them. I really don't know what ya'll would pay to have these bolts shipped overseas from an American supplier, but I would be willing to buy these bolts in bulk and send them by means of your choice, at cost (no profit). Perhaps I could send a couple of boxes of 1/4x6" grd 5's and the same dimensions for grd 8's to someone in both Australia and Europe, who would then act as your local supplier. This person would be doing it as favor to his fellow benders, and other than recovering costs from the shipping fees from America and any other costs, should be willing to do this for little or no profit to keep it worthwhile and affordable for all. I figure these bolts could be cut down to the desired sizes, unless there's sufficient interest to warrant sending all of the various lengths. So, most importantly there needs to be enough interest to justify someone buying all the bolts up front and having them shipped. I haven't priced them by the big box yet, nor have I checked into all the various shipping rates, but would be more than happy to do so.

So, maybe if your interested in acquiring these bolts you could post with the specific bolts you'd like, as well as an estimate of the quantity, and from there we can make a judgement as to whether the whole thing is even workable. And I'm sure some of you probably have some better ideas, anyways. What do ya think???

Hey Eric,

I've been thinking about trying to to do something like that with a few things like FBBC stock, graded bolts, maverick playing cards, IM nails etc

You can get grade 5 bolts fairly easily here from engineering suppliers but I haven't seen grade 8s so that might be an option, I guess the only problem is that there might only be a few people who need them!

If the other Aussie benders are keen though I'm happy to throw my order in for some more bending goodies and I'm also happy to be the receiver/distributor.

I think to make it cost effective you would have to ship surface because air freight for heavy packages is not cheap.

Thanks for the offer too!

Great idea, Eric! :rock I know a few germans (Frankyboy, Tom Becker alias agent smith and me) who are interested in some stuff between the blue and the red. Martin Kotte is interested in something beyond the red for sure.

Eric,

I can think of a few things that are on my wishlist which other people might want to consider too

FBBC stock

60d Nails of various strengths

graded bolts

IM nails

Playing cards

I can think of a few things that are on my wishlist which other people might want to consider too

60d Nails of various strengths

I'd be interested in getting my hands on some of these.

GR 5 & 8 bolts are pretty easy get a hold of out here. . . .but we don't have 60d nails :cry

David

Well, the interest in this seems to be minimal. But I'll pay a visit to the bolt store within the next week or two and price grd 5's and 8's by the box, and then post their prices here on the board. Then if someone's interested they can let me know.

I got some quotes today:

1/4x6" grd 5 per 100=$30.48

1/4x6" grd 8 per 100=$50.22

These rates are subject to change every 30 days due to fluctuation in steel prices.

Shipping to Great Britain (4-6 wks) $95 for 50 pounds (this would be 600 bolts)

For Australian quotes I need a zip code. If any Aussies are interested, send me a zip code number.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no "slowboat" shipping options to Australia. I've tried FedEx and the US postal service. We're looking at about 300+ dollars, which would get it there in about 4 days. Ouch!

USPS will do packages via surface up to 40lb but anything over has got to go express according to their calculator on the website.

40lb would be $67

USPS will do packages via surface up to 40lb but anything over has got to go express according to their calculator on the website.

40lb would be $67

Very good. Yeh, I was only checking for 50 pounds. Well, that's good news!