Tried A Powerball Today

ishred

You'll be sick of it in a week. I won't say I told you so.

Yes I will.

I hated the thing. I didn't see how it would make my grip any more manlier, but knock yourself out, man! :whistel

MEAT

Yes I will.

I hated the thing. I didn't see how it would make my grip any more manlier, but knock yourself out, man! :whistel

MEAT

i dunno meat....i was using it with a pinch type grip instead of holding it like a baseball...and it got hard to hold onto...must be doing something since i had to squeeze really hard to hold it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I will.

MEAT

I have used it for about 2 weeks now,and still love it:)

Meat,

Did you have trouble starting it? I do at times; find the string to be more of a hassle than doing it with my thumb.

I could never start the damn thing with my thumb

Don't feel bad, it took me about a hour to do it. Now I can do it after 5 or less tries after that. I figure the thing will eventually be broken in or I will build some sort of skill starting it. This huge dude at the fitness shop that showed me it said it took him an hour to get it started; that is with and w/out string.

Okay it's been a few days now, and I can see Meat's point that it gets old. BUT the fact is that it burns, tuff to hold, and it bulks your forearms. I just watch T.V. while doing it so it does not get old. Meat I suggest giving it another go.

Okay it's been a few days now, and I can see Meat's point that it gets old.  BUT the fact is that it burns, tuff to hold, and it bulks your forearms.  I just watch T.V. while doing it so it does not get old.  Meat I suggest giving it another go.

i still use mine. its been at least a month or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Go to www.powerballs.com :cool

Edited by micrent

A power ball is a great warm up tool. this came out in the mid. 80's. it was used for mostly golfers and rehab. i have had mine for about 6 years, still have the first one which is light grey with a white ball. the new ones are a lot smoother. if you use the power ball with pinching or gripping. going back and forth, will give you a good workout!

• 2 weeks later...

Did it really come out in the mid 80's? The reason I ask is when I went to buy my stationary bike at this fitness store that also sells IM CoC's, they had the Powerball, and he was talking like it just came out; the was between a year to two years ago.

A power ball is a great warm up tool. this came out in the mid. 80's. it was used for mostly golfers and rehab. i have had mine for about 6 years, still have the first one which is light grey with a white ball. the new ones are a lot smoother. if you use the power ball with pinching or gripping. going back and forth, will give you a good workout!

i think that powerballs have only been around for a few years, but the gyro balls came out earlier.