Horse Shoes

mossman

this is something i have always wanted to do......i cant find a wide selection of shoes in my town. i know a little about the number system. all i can find is one marked witha single zero. dont they have them going to thre 0's, with that being the easiest? anyway, ill gladly pay for some if anyone could send me some easy ones.......plus maybe im just going about this wrong? some tips on horseshoe technique anyone?

Mossman,

Search for a post by Robert Vigeant. I think there was some important

horseshoe info there. He was looking for them too.

There's a number of different grades. 00 - 5 for sizes on the various grades.

Pony, ......... (can't remember one), racehorse, draft. Pony shoes are very small, maybe 4" long. the others are progressively bigger, but a big jump from pony to full size.

I want to know how much different the bend would be between the tougher but bigger (better leverage?) shoes and the smaller "easier" shoes. All I can find in my area are the pony and small horse varieties. All our ranchers use John Deeres for pulling, no draft horses around here.