#4 Conquest Progress Reports

ishred

Everyone so often I will give progress reports on how my #4 training is coming along.

This will be measured in distance from the handles touching, not by what gripper i can close or how many reps.

My #4 handles are 2.750" apart.

I gave it a good squeeze just now and the distance remaining is 1.50"

I know the true strength of the gripper hasn't even started yet. When I get it down to 1"....then i will feel its power.

btw...the above was with no set....i'm training to close it noset.

Edited by ishred

Damn billy, when I squeeze my #4 I swear to god it dosent even move half an inch. What are table no sets? Whats the table have to do with it.

Mine has a 3'' Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing spread. Id love to try yours somtime in the future to see how brutal it is. :rock

Edited by Kurt Lane

Kurt, I'd have to agree with you. Before I sold my #4 I thought that it might be "broken." Couldn't even move that bastard 1". Probably closer to 1/2". So I give FULL respect to those who can even set one, much less sweep it to almost closed or parallel.

Kurt, I'd have to agree with you.  Before I sold my #4 I thought that it might be "broken."  Couldn't even move that bastard 1".  Probably closer to 1/2".  So I give FULL respect to those who can even set one, much less sweep it to almost closed or parallel.

I have a strong sweep...my crush from parallel to full close is my problem....I can move my 3 past parallel, but its the final crush that stops me. I doubt my 4 is easy....it doesn't feel spongey. none of my grippers feel spongey.

Kurt Lane

A table no set is picking the gripper up from the table and not using

the other hand in any way and squeezing it shut. It is how one may cert with

Warren Tetting on the BB grippers.

• 4 weeks later...
how's the training going?  Any progress to report?  Good luck.

getting closer on my 3....tried last nite and got it to 5/8's. thats my best so far.

just tried my #4 for the first time since i started this log..and got an 1/8" closer than my first try.

thanks for asking.

• 1 month later...

today i got the hg300 to about 1/8th". didn't warm up or anything just gave it shot after closing the hg250 a couple times.

Also, i'm 1/2" away from closing my #3.

Starting kta tomorrow.

Also, i'm 1/2" away from closing my #3.

Starting kta tomorrow.

The three will fall!!!

If I remember right you're ulitimate goal is a table no set with the #4, so will you being doing the KTA program TNS style? Good luck and keep us posted.

Ishred, nice to see a progress report!  What's the spread on your HG300?

not too sure, its my friends 300.

I'm not doing the kta no set......i wouldn't be able to have the proper leverage to do strapholds, overcrushs, or negatives.