Bending For Your Body Type

Clay Edgin

I have always felt that guys with longer arms are better off with the double overhand. The only guy who can bend that way is the weakest of the bunch is everything but with his long arms he can get into great position with that style. The rest of the group bend either rev. grip or double underhand.

Austin

Which surely would translate as "the best technique ever"? :bow

Place hands on ends. Push in. I have no technique :D.

Kurt don't worry about your gym lifts when trying to bend a red. Use your body's natural leverages and the specific strength you developed from bending and everything will take care of itself.

Im not worried Clay. I know I will bend one if I practice some more, I just dont like how my Gym lifts are so low. I started out just plain weightlifting and always want to get stronger in all my lifts. I hate feeling weak lol.

Arrr!! I know they dont mean that much to bending im just saying. I want my gym lifts up up up!! I dont care if they care over to bending, but there to low for my taste. Ish we really need to start training Strongman or somthing. Maybe ill set somthing up at my house for the spring/summer instead of training at new paltz I got grip stuff here to.

Funny, while gymlifts don't always directly correlate to big grip/bending stuff, most of the guys who are doing well in the grip stuff aren't exactly too weak in the gym.

I know that hard training gave me a head start on grip stuff. Heavy chins, rows, and to even some degree heavy pressing built a very strong foundation for grip work, and as the weights get heavier my gripstrength helps my lifting and my lifting helps my gripstrength more.

Arrr!! I know they dont mean that much to bending im just saying. I want my gym lifts up up up!! I dont care if they care over to bending, but there to low for my taste. Ish we really need to start training Strongman or somthing. Maybe ill set somthing up at my house for the spring/summer instead of training at new paltz I got grip stuff here to.

i'm down for that, but aren't you moving to australia?

Maybe in a long time dude. Definatly not anytime soon. Shortest would be 2 years away.

Someone that is a red bender (since they presumably have good technique) should get hooked up via EMG and see what parts of their body get heavily recruited. This may narrow things down a bit.

Someone that is a red bender (since they presumably have good technique) should get hooked up via EMG and see what parts of their body get heavily recruited.  This may narrow things down a bit.

That would be cool. I'll volunteer if anyone has one of these gizmos. :)

We have some exercise science folks that I'm friendly with here at Truman, so I may suggest that to one of them next time I see them. There are a couple of Red benders here in town, so it would be cool if we could both arrange it and see the differences in muscle recruitment...