Cast Your Vote!

EricMilfeld

2 minutes. This is long enough to account for a rewrap of the ends for the final crushdown, as well as any unforseen events along the way - the bent nail going out of position, the wrap moving, recovering from a punch to the face as your hand slips, etc.....

You should not need a breather at the level of certification and if you need to re-wrap, tough luck. Suck it up and train harder and then certify at a later date and totally own the bitch, dont make excuses like saying you had to re-wrap or I was 1/16" short, that should not cut it in the world of competative bending. I stand at my vote for 1 minute, no one ever said bending steel was easy.

Shrug, Bill Piche posted in the bending judges topic that both judges, you and Greg Amidon okayed both of Eric's bends when in fact both of those bends took over a minute (Not to say that was a criteria of those bends at this present time.). He had some struggles getting the last little bit in order that the bend be official. I'm sure if Eric could have seen the two inch spread was not met through his leather pads he would have continued to work it but he could not. My point is that in those videos, that though he did not meet your one minute standard, he still displayed the capibility of bending those bolts that I, and even yourself, deemed worthy of certification.

Shrug, Bill Piche posted in the bending judges topic that both judges, you and Greg Amidon okayed both of Eric's bends when in fact both of those bends took over a minute (Not to say that was a criteria of those bends at this present time.).  He had some struggles getting the last little bit in order that the bend be official.  I'm sure if Eric could have seen the two inch spread was not met through his leather pads he would have continued to work it but he could not.  My point is that in those videos, that though he did not meet your one minute standard, he still displayed the capibility of bending those bolts that I, and even yourself, deemed worthy of certification.

I specifically asked about the time limit when I viewed that bend. I asked Eric about it. That is what prompted this whole post.

Greg

Well, as the 72 hour voting window has just about expired, I'll raise the next question. When exactly does the clock start and stop? How do we define the start and finish of the bend? I have some ideas, but would like some input as well. Thanks.

Clock starts at word go, stops 2min later, no time outs to check 2inch rule as that would give someone rest time and could easily be abused....Brett

Sounds good, Brett. I'll be modifying the rules shortly with the new "2 minute rule".

Clock starts at word go, stops 2min later, no time outs to check 2inch rule as that would give someone rest time and could easily be abused....Brett

But is word Go said before or after pads are wrapped? I agree no time outs, but if you have itme to check the spread, can you re-crush if the 2 mis isn't up? as long as the crush is finished within the 2 mins?

The new rule has been added (#9).