Volunteers For Judging Of Bends

EricMilfeld

In addition to the video required for some of the tougher bends, we are going to have these videos judged by two Gripboard members, other than the official witness of the bend, as was done with the Challenge Bar certifications. A majority vote of the three judges, including the witness, will decide. I'll be able to act as one of the judges, on bends other than my own, so perhaps if we could have atleast three or four judges in addition to myself we would have all of our bases covered, in the event of a judge being out of town or something like that. The judges need to be experienced benders who frequent the board atleast once a day on average, and have the capability of viewing video on their computers. Your first assignment will be to judge my recent bends of a 4.5" grd 5 and a 5" grd 8, for which the link is posted below by Wannagrip. If you're interested post in this thread. Thanks.

In addition to the video required for some of the tougher bends, we are going to have these videos judged by two Gripboard members, other than the official witness of the bend, as was done with the Challenge Bar certifications.  A majority vote of the three judges, including the witness, will decide. I'll be able to act as one of the judges, on bends other than my own, so perhaps if we could have atleast three or four judged in addition to myself we would have all of our bases covered, in the event of a judge being out of town or something like that.  The judges need to be experienced benders who frequent the board atleast once a day on average, and have the capability of viewing video on their computers.  Your first assignment will be to judge my recent bends of a 4.5" grd 5 and a 5" grd 8, for which the link is posted below by Wannagrip.  If you're interested post in this thread.  Thanks.

I would be willing to help out.

Thank you, Judge Greg.

I will help out.

Great! Greg and James, if ya'll could view my two latest bends and PM Wannagrip with your decisions, he can then notify me with the verdict. I have no problem with removing my bends from the certs list, if necessary. It's best if I, as well as others certifying, don't know how each of the individual judges have voted. The anonymity will take some some of the "pressure" off the judges and help to keep things objective. And as a reminder, don't forget to review all of the bending rules. Thanks again guys.

If a few other guys wish to volunteer to form a little pool of judges, that would be great.

can i judge?

Yes, if you don't mind sending me a PM with your real name. Thanks.

Just curious, what would cause a bend to "fail"? Do some people get close to bracing?

Contacting the body below the waist, contacting any part of the body with a portion of the arm below the elbows, and of course not meeting the "2 inch crushdown rule" are just a few things to watch for. The posted rules list others, of course.

Mike Potts makes four, in addition to ishred (Billy Wolt).

We should have plenty of help now. Thanks guys!