Poll: Genetics And The #4

pdoire

mooin, if you're going to convert people to the JAG system, you're going to have to first prove to us that you have had great results with it yourself. That means a video of you closing at least a Super Elite. Then you'll have to have dedicated guinea pigs who train with the system and also earn great results.

The average man can close the #4? No way. The average man lacks the genetics, intelligence, and discipline to close the #4. That's why he's the average man.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Lich

• OldGuy

• mobsterone

Not yet with the #4=1 inch and 1/8 away from closing the #4.

Working on the BBSE=1/8 from closing it.

Maybe he means BBSM? I have tried two BBSE's. They were about the same as my #4.

Moony, use your own program to quickly go from where you are now to closing an IM 4. Report back to us with a vid of you closing it and we will all subscribe to JAG, and KTA will be history.

:mellow I don't think it takes much analyzing to discover why these men would take the time to discourage others this way.

:D Good luck anyway guys. Proving detractors wrong can't hurt you- however you choose to do it.

Good luck to the detractors too.

What's your real name again? Those who are SO vocal and yet hide behind usernames raise the red flag as being potential trolls.

:mellow

I understand you're running a business here, and I can respect that; but I won't be pushed from sticking up for people and encouraging them to do well for themselves.

I am an anonymous member on this forum for a good reason. I make my living on my body's performance. Letting others become aware of new training methods, or emphasis, could end up compromising, in some way, my ability to compete and make money. I practice the same discretion with other training methods, as well- so don't feel cheated.

I make it a point to keep my feet off other peoples dreams- whether they follow my advice or not.

I understand there will always be the fart smellers of this world. Some can't help it from just going silly when they don't have every detail to decipher. Wasting energy on other peoples ideas [or feats] that they, for some reason, or another, can't come to terms with. This is not going to help anybody- even them.

We are a bunch of guys sitting in front of computers typing about grip- that's all man.

My posts are always positive and I give whole hearted advice with utmost sincerity; with the intention of bettering those interested in the same things I am- having stronger hands.

If somebody's going to fail- let them find out the hard way. Somehow, I don't believe telling them now was meant to benefit anyone- except the one doing the telling.

Pushing someone else down never made me any taller. It just seemed that way for a little while.

mooin, if you're going to convert people to the JAG system, you're going to have to first prove to us that you have had great results with it yourself.  That means a video of you closing at least a Super Elite.  Then you'll have to have dedicated guinea pigs who train with the system and also earn great results. 

The average man can close the #4?  No way.  The average man lacks the genetics, intelligence, and discipline to close the #4.  That's why he's the average man.

I read that John Brookfield says he's an average man- genetics wise. Good thing he never had a chance to talk to some of these guys.

Who dug this old thread up anyway!!!!!!!!

Geez, it died in October now its raised from the dead!

1. Train hard.

2. Train smart.

3. Don't push yourself into constant injuries.

Think about it. How much is it HONESTLY going to affect our lives if we can/can't close the #4, maybe even the #3.

I bet a large # of us sit behind computers or have desk jobs where extreme functional hand strength isn't an absolute necessary thing. You don't have to be able to close a #3 or 4 in order to perform daily activities. You dont have to close the 3 or 4 in order to bench press 500lbs, do pullups, type on a keyboard, etc.

I'd bet some world class armwrestlers can't budge the 3.

Yes in some cases having strong hands are great, but not an absolute necessity.

I don't understand people pushing themselves to the limit, constantly hurting their backs, knees, shoulders trying to yoke walk 2000lbs, farmers walk 700lbs, squat 1200lbs, deadlift 1000lbs, bench pressing 700+lbs using all kinds of ridiculous extra equipment just to supposedly "lighten the load" resulting in an arm break, ripped peck, etc.

I weight train 3x week, grippers 3x week hard and intense, but their is a MUCH GREATER advantage to having your a healthy cardiovascular system, keeping your bodyfat in check, NOT living with ruptured discs, herniated discs, torn ligaments, busted hands, strained tendons that you cannot use for days and will eventually become more of a setback in the long run.

One day, hopefully, we will all be in our 60's/70's and not struggling to get out of bed, making 5 trips a week to the doctor for intraarticular cortisone shots, epidural spinal injections, full or arthritis in the hands just from years of trying to close the #4 with a credit card rule just so we can say we did or put our name on some list.

Just a thought.

Edited by LAHotSauce

Not yet with the #4=1 inch and 1/8 away from closing the #4.

Working on the BBSE=1/8 from closing it.

I think people might misinterpet this. John, you haven't closed a #3 yet have you with one hand per either the IM or MM rules?

Wannagrip this is your game and it is currently the best game in town (Grip Board) amd we all appreciate this site greatly and your efforts.

But think of it this way if the J.A.G. concept or program was here first and produced positive results for some people then all of a sudden KTA cam on the seen and you believing in it promoted KTA as another possible way of training that may benefit people that were not experiencing the results that expected with the J.A.G. In all honesty would you think it fair if John owned the board and basically was beating you and your KTA program down? Yeah I don't think you would like it nor would others feel like it was quite fair either. I am positive if people were progressing with the J.A.G. and you said hey I have got this balls to the wall training program that you will be over training with, get blisters, bleed and have your hands ache from the abuse you subject them to, but you just may be able to close that next gripper or at least get closer if you manage not to injure yourself and all this can be yours for $ 00.00 do you really think people would have been beating down your door, especially without the endorsement of some great gripsters saying "It worked for me, when nothing else did" I think not. Give John some room let those who try it report their results and let the other board members give their honest opinion of the J.A.G program once they actually tried it thoroughly for themselves. If KTA is the only way and the J.A.G. system is found to be a waste if effort and time then KTA sales will rise. So what have you got to lose? I admire loyalty and it is one of my core beliefs but I think there are those out there that will take your side blindly just to assure you of their loyalty regardless of their true feelings or curiosity about the J.A.G. actually working. You appear to be a good man with good intentions but this almost slanderous; character bashing and negative challenging of the J.A.G. system and a fellow board member that has no ill will towards you or your program is unbecoming. I hope you are man enough to accept this, as constructive criticism and not destructive criticism by which you retaliate on those that don't totally view this issue in your way. I thought this whole board was a place where those who engage in this strength endeavor could exchange ideas freely and not have to worry about the management condemning you if you don't agree with them or have a different philosophy of training. It can easily be perceived that you are just trying to keep your KTA program selling well by negating another guys free program. I have the KTA program and no doubt it has worked very well for some but we both know rarely is there only one way to reach a destination.

Now I know that some of your misguided loyalists are going to try to bash this message and possibly me but right is right and wrong is wrong and I am not scared to stand up and call it what it is.

This message was not meant to piss you or anyone else off but to try to express to you the perception this situation can give to others. In which they may come up with something they feel is a really productive routine or training methods but out of fear of being challenged and condemned they will not share something that could be of benefit to other Grip Board members. Do you see my point?

Yeah, what he said.

I've never even tried the thing- I just saw somebody being picked on.

Made me much more interested. Especially when all I have to do is go to the hardware store and pick up a cheesy $1 spring to see if the thing really works or not.

My modified BBSE=extended handles.

But close to 1/8 to close. got to 1/8.

Not close to 1/8.

No I go In the MM frist before going to ironmind #3 certs.

Cheat shut to 1/8=which I did cheat shut it with extended handles with right hand on the big handles.

Only convertion Iam interesting in is Salvation to Jesus.

But for the J.A.G. i donot need to prove anything=J.A.G. will prove it self. And the best ads is people and how they repond to it.

Yes there people right know want to try out.

Gluteus Maximus and Gator great posts.

I like what you said. Why does Moon have to close a bbse before his program has merit? If it took a guy from a trainer to a supermaster for example then its produced results doesnt it?

I do not ever see Bill jumping in posts and touting the KTA on

a daily basis nor highjacking threads stating KTA this and KTA that.

Mooin constantly does this with the JAG. I am not being critical of his

program as I have not even seen the crux of it. Only the daily onslaught

of JAG this and JAG that posted in any thread that discusses grippers.

Post about it, give a referrence to your self, and be done with it already.

The members that are interested will follow you to it.....

Gatorgrip, I don`t have a clue as to where you perceived your insights

to post what you just posted...Sheeeesh

John Simon keeps posting CONSTANTLY about JAG in every thread and HIJACKING threads. And people are sick of it. It has NOTHING to do with KTA versus whatever. He's making it out like it is and so are you for some odd reason.

As someone said, what works...works.

Here's a definition of spamming as pulled from Google and another random message forum:

"Spamming…Spamming is the multiple posting of an identical or similar post on one or more of our Forums. "