Poll: Genetics And The #4

pdoire

If you "below average genetics" guys believe that you can close a #4, I would suggest that you instead use your outstanding attitude and pursue some more high profile sports that could even bring you a decent income. Microload your way to a new WR in athletics, perhaps high jump.

This is one of the funniest things I've read on this board. :laugh

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Lich

• OldGuy

• mobsterone

I think it is important to not dwell on your genetic limitations but it is very unwise to totally discount them as well.

Moony, use your own program to quickly go from where you are now to closing an IM 4. Report back to us with a vid of you closing it and we will all subscribe to JAG, and KTA will be history.

Moony, use your own program to quickly go from where you are now to closing an IM 4. Report back to us with a vid of you closing it and we will all subscribe to JAG, and KTA will be history.

damn skippy.

:mellow I don't think it takes much analyzing to discover why these men would take the time to discourage others this way.

:D Good luck anyway guys. Proving detractors wrong can't hurt you- however you choose to do it.

Good luck to the detractors too.

The fear of seeming negative can distance you from reality.

Not fearing reality can distance you from negativity.

:mellow I know many, very confident men. They fear very little. They are also very positive to others. My observation.

I dont think that the whole JAG idea is a bad one. But imo it looks like your being a salesman in this thread.

I think I have to agree with Sybersnott when he commented about people's claims to close the #4. Close the #3, then we'll talk. The MM1 and MM2 may also be places to stop and think about this a little harder. Like OldGuy was talking about it's nieve to project your current progress all the way into elite levels of strength. A few years down the road the gains stop comming like they used to and you may have to work twice as hard to progress half as much. Until you have reached that point, your training experience does not qualify you to say "I will close the #4" with the level of authority that can be taken seriously. You can ask a 4 year old boy if he will grow up to be the strongest man ever and he will say definately, ten years later after he learns a little more about himself and the direction he wants to go in life he will most likely say "What the hell was I thinking, oh wait I was FOUR!" I would like to think that one day I will close the #4, but I realise a few things: 1. Grippers and crush are not my favorite type of grip training, there are many other grip goals I plan on persuing that rank higher than the #4. 2. My goals and proirities in my training vary from season to season, who's to say I will even be interested in it in x years? There are other things in life than gripping and certainly more important things that quite frankly MUST take priority over it. 3. My hands aren't very big, yeah yeah we get off on debating that subject but the fact is that it is a limiting factor that could EASILY stop me short in the most advanced years of my training. 4. An injury in the wrong time can ruin the opportunity to develope fully that might not even come from the training. No matter how careful you are, you will not be injury free.

Well there's my 2 cents. Some of you may write me off as pessimistic and that I will never posses the commitment needed to close the #4, and anything is possible, blah, blah, blah. May I remind you all that the idea that "anything is possible" exist only in the context of a rational world and in order to be "a thing, or more specifically, anything" it must exist. This is not about smashing dreams, this is about adding a little logic into the process involved to close a #4, a long, painfully hard process that will take more than emotional devotion to complete.

Good point.

For most people its mostly annoying to read about the J.A.G program again and again in several threads

As I saw this thing pop up again in this thread I was soooo bored.

For myself the made claims are just ridiculous since they don't consider the strength of the goal gripper.

That means you can just replace the #4 bye the Pro or the WC or the Galaxy in the original statement.

'Obviously' theres no question one wil reach even these grippers with that program. It just take some more time with microloading. :laugh

I dont think that the whole JAG idea is a bad one. But imo it looks like your being a salesman in this thread.

The #3 is the gripper we can all strive for, the #4 is for those born with the gift, whether it be mental, physical, genetics, hand size, yada yada, what ever, it is a gripper that will only be closed by blessed men born with great potential. It's a mighty small list that have closed it. Many more men are capable of it, but be realistic, we are not all going to make that list.

Right, it's a good idea, and I'm sure he'll have success with it. There are a bunch of ad like posts tho.

Right, it's a good idea, and I'm sure he'll have success with it. There are a bunch of ad like posts tho.

The JAG does seem to be HIGH JACKING too many threads of late. Mooin, how

about posting a "FINAL" thread in the equipment forum describing your JAG

and leave it at that.

I am convinced all participating members are aware of your concept and

know to contact you for complete details.............. ;)

:mellow I don't think it takes much analyzing to discover why these men would take the time to discourage others this way.

:D Good luck anyway guys. Proving detractors wrong can't hurt you- however you choose to do it.

Good luck to the detractors too.

What's your real name again? Those who are SO vocal and yet hide behind usernames raise the red flag as being potential trolls.

I wonder if a troll could shut a #4? Being a mythical creatures of large stature, anythings possible! :D

I agree with Wanna and Rick, Train hard for a good few years and then look back on the statments you made in the past. You are either 'there', 'on your way there' or reflecting on talking a lot of smack back in the day!

Anywayz, Train hard and recognise your individual potential. Is that not what IT is all about?

Court ajourned.

Dogz.

I'll add some realism to the rhetoric. ;)

If you don't get to the #3 fairly easily, don't plan on getting the #4.

what would be considered easily?

I very much admire jdav's attitude- and I do believe the average man can close the #4. I believe the under average man can close the 4 also, if he has an above average mind.

I went from not being able to do 5 regular pushups to being able to do 10 on just my thumbs in about 5 months. I weighed about 175lbs at the time. I also went from a pot-head couch potatoe who would probably be dead right now to being a functioning, well-standing member of society in the same amount of time plus about 7 months.

The way I see it is that if you REALLY believe you can do something, you can. For example, there is a black belt in BJJ in brazil that only has 1 arm....... if anyone has any idea how hard that would be to accomplish, you'll understand where I am coming from.

Nothing holds people back from anything except for there mind. Humans are way stronger than what we think, our minds just make us tap out when the going gets tough.

look at it this way.....

when you train grippers (take the KTA for example)

Does your whole body shake everytime you do a rep?

does your jaw hurt from grinding your teeth while doing reps?

is it hard for you to do everyday task like wash a car with a gun?

do your forearms start to burn when you type these messages on this board?

My answer to all those questions is yes. that is why I think one day I will be able to close the #4. That and the fact that in a week and a half of the KTA I've went from being not even able to get the #3 to parralell to being able to start the Negatives at about 1/8 of an inch.

One last thing........

If you put a 2x4 on the ground and staple a $100 bill to the end of it almost 99% of people could balance across the 2x4 to get the money. If you suspended the 2x4 off the side of a building, almost no one could do it or would even try.

That's why in my own personal opinion, anyone can close the #4 if they put there mind to it and go all out balls to the wall................ I just want a shirt ;)

That does not prove that all things are possible for those who believe. It does not prove that what one man has done, any man can also do if he puts his mind to it.

Not yet with the #4=1 inch and 1/8 away from closing the #4.

Working on the BBSE=1/8 from closing it.

An eighth of an inch from the SUPER ELITE?!?

T!

I think people might misinterpet this. John, you haven't closed a #3 yet have you with one hand per either the IM or MM rules?