Folding

mossman

ok thats it ive had it.....im learning the DO folding style....i used to do slim and JB style, but i cant figure out how to apply pressure correctly. my wrists are strong to which is the thing that makes me pissed. i have levered a 12lb sledge to parallel all the way on the end of the handle, and have levered a 16lb sledge about 20'' from a 32'' handle. i decided i want to bend a G5 soon, so i would work sledge every day, then take a week off and try to bend something......yea right.......well after trying the cheat kink method clay suggested and bending a G8, i want to learn this style. can anyone give me a detailed description? i dont have the money for the E-book right now, since i just bought an INCH db.....someone help!

Have you tried the old terminator style to start out?

-Jedd-

Your problem may lie with your ability to crush the nail as you attempt to bend it. It doesn't matter how strong your wrists are if your fingers don't transfer that strength.

For what it's worth, the watching the bending ebook helped me get the double overhand style in about 20 minutes. If you don't get double overhand on our own, you might want to buy the ebook in a week or two when you have the extra $15.

umm.....could someone describe old terminator to me? im sorry im so naive when it comes to this, i really didnt learn about any styles other than slim, JB, and underhand. im gonna buy the E-book when i can, but i have no idea when that will be.....i just purchased a #4, an INCH, and am looking into a rare 50lb blob.....but i will when i find some extra cash.

There are several different ways to go at double OH style as far as placement of the nail in your palm. For me, I use a good leather wrap first and foremost. Wrap the nail very tightly (will keep you from busting your lip open and helps with leverage) I place the nail ends about 1inch below my thumbs where they meet my palm, I then wrap my index and middle finger around the nail as tightly as I can, Thumbs dont do much but rest on top, some prefer to loosely wrap index finger and place it closer to the middle of the nail for a fulcrum....I then place the nail under my chin, when I begin the bend I push in and down on the nail ends with my hands, then the key for me is throwing my elbows out in front of me (not down torward my feet) And driving them torwards each other. This takes some getting used to as you will initially feel like you have no power with this set up. I find big benchers have trouble with flexibillity using this tech and many are unable to use it. I bent double UH for 7 months before switching to this tech, within a month I bent a red, wheras my best UH was a kinked grade 8. I still get more enjoyment out of DU, as I had to work harder to get where I am. I would reccomend training at least 2 styles...Hope this makes sense, it is hard to explain in words, experiment with it and you will get it eventually, I am still adapting my tech as I go........Brett

great post Kerbjr, I'll have to try some of your tips, especially the elbow one.

nope....thats your style of bending isnt it jedder?

Yup.

It's the only way i can get a 7-inch nail started.

-Jedd-