Digging In The Attic

climber511

I was digging around in some old boxes of books and found one called “Power ForeArms!” by Health for Life. (copyright 1984) I have several by this company but this was the one I thought this board might find interesting. A few people have asked for routines for size or mass – this might be considered one of those. This program is done non stop, no rest is allowed between sets or movements. It’s a pumper!

· Wrist twists with pipes – arms straight

· Wrist twists with pipes – arms bent

· Wrist Curls

· Reverse wrist curls

· Wrist Curls

· Reverse wrist curls

· Behind the back Wrist Curls

· Reverse curls

· Behind the back Wrist Curls

· Reverse curls

· SED Wrist Abductions

· SED Wrist Adductions

· SED Wrist Twists

Notes: Wrist twists with pipe are a simple warm up exercise. SED means single ended dumbbell or what we call lever work. Done to the front, rear; then lay your arm on a bench and do lever twist or rotational work.

Additional sets of each are done for what they call level II. I can add more details if anyone cares.

This same company put out a rotator cuff book I think called “The 7 Minutes Rotator Cuff Solution” or something similar that I would like to find some time - or at least get the routine from if anyone might have it.

The titles I have are

Secrets of Advanced Bodybuilders

Power Forearms

Maximum Calves

Legendary Abs

Legendary Abs II

• Like 1

I would be interested in level 2. ALso what type of frequency did they recomend with the above routine and also reps per set?

Austinslater

More Power ForeArms info

No more than three times a week – two is better.

Level II

· Wrist twists with pipe

· Wrist Curls – 8 reps

· Reverse Wrist Curls – 8 reps - do 4 super sets

· Behind the back wrist curls – 8 reps

· Reverse Curls – 8 reps - do 4 super sets

· SED Abductions – 8 reps

· SED Adductions – 8 reps

· SED Wrist Twists – 8 reps

In Level 1 the reps were 6 on the Wrist Curls and Behind the Back wrist curls – 8 on the rest.

The health for life series was my first intro to lifting programs back in high school. I learned a lot, but in retrospect I wish I had found "Dinosaur Training" instead

That's funny climber55 i was just looking at that book a couple of days ago.I had'nt looked at it in years how ironic.

Does anyone have the rotator cuff book by Health for Life? I'm in need of it right now. Thanks

• 11 months later...

I have The Seven minute Rotator Cuff Solution. Good book.

I bought the forearm course when it came out in print. I have no idea what I did with it, but it was interesting.

• 1 year later...

Dimmers mentioned this thread so I had a look. I have the rotator cuff book, and came up with this routine from it as a basic beginner "maintainance" type of thing:

Exercise - Reps x Sets

Internal rotator curls (low cables) - 10-12 x 3

Lying flyes - 10-12 x 1

Lying L flyes - 10-12 x 1

Pec stretch parallel - 5-10 secs x 1

Pec stretch angled up - 5-10 secs x 1

External rotators stretch - 5-10 secs x 1

Hope it helps! The book is very good at explaining why the rotator cuff breaks and how to avoid injuries to it.

aXe