Training plate curls

Guest steiner1014

Guest steiner1014

:0  I must admit, I think training plate curls is one of the most amazing things to do.   For anyone who has not done it, plate curls look and sound easy, BUT they are very radical.   The simple fact that as you go from one smaller plate to a larger one(in diameter), it gets unbelievably tougher.   The degree of difficulty between curling a 25 lb. plate and a 35 lb. plate is unreal.   For most of those dumbell curling chumps, they would not be able to appreciate what I am saying....after all, how much more difficult can an increase of 10 lbs. be?....TRY IT!!!!!

i totally agree, plate curls are killer.  i get a lot of weird looks from others in the gym here at school when i do them, but who cares?  i know it works for me, and that's all that matters.

At my gym, a personnal trainer came to me and asked me why I perform curls with a plate and not with dumbells. I told him that plate curls are an exercise for the wrists and a dumbell can't achieve this level of difficulty. He laughed at me (not a good thing to do when I'm training). I gave him the challenge to do 1 curl with a 25 pounds plate (I just did over 10 reps with that weight). Guess who laughed at who ! The Mr. Knows-Everything didn't make the lift and got back in his office. Needless to say that he didn't came back for the pinch grip farmer's walk with two 35's in each hand.

It is always a pleasure to show pumpers what real strength really is.

Don't see this post as a show off. MANY people on this board can lift WAY more heavy than me.

Guest steiner1014

:) Dawg and Tou:   This is hilarious to read about....Same thing happens all the time in the gym I train at.  The "personal trainers" ask what the #### I am doing...After I explain they always try and ALWAYS fail....I think that we all need to open our minds abit when it comes to radical training.   Some of these trainers are so stuck in their "chrome world" that they fail to try new things.

STEIN

basically you just hold a plate between your thumb and fingers.  your fingers will be on the bottom of the plate, and your thumb on top.  next you just curl the plate, until it is parallel to the floor.  i know there used to be a picture of a plate curl on the grip board.  give 'em a shot sometime, they're great.   :D

I do plate curls like this. I take the plate fingers at the bottom and thumb on top but I only use my fingers to do the movement. No movement with the wrist or elbow.

The way underdawg explained it, it sounds like a normal dumbbell curl for the bicep but you just use a plate not a dumbbell. I will give it a try. This will make normal bicep curls very interesting. Cant wait!  ;)