Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Wednesday pm

Grippers (torsion spring)

usual warm ups then

L/H: BBGM x VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN, 1, VVN, VVN (all felt not quite in the sweet spot) and then, holding the spring, did 4 baby reps, x 2 VVN/T's, 2 x 1 T and held for time.

R/H: HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 easy rep, BBSE x 1 rep. Switched to Jim Wylies 4.01 rated CoC 4 and got it, according to Paul Savage, 'to under 1mm maybe a half!!'. I then stayed with the 4.01 and holding the spring (indicated by T next to the rep meaning 'touched') did the following: 4.01 x 1(T), VVN (holding with 1 finger - silly really), x 1(T), x 1(T), x 1(T and held for time) and then a video attempt (camera cut out grrr) which was also 1(T/held for time)

1mm or 0.5mm, either way, nice!!! Soon your name will be mentioned when people talk about unofficial #4 closers... I know it's unofficial, but it's still a short list!!

Posted Odin's (GB member)'s GGC 2008 write up to my Grip World Magazine blog

Friday (am)

CG Bench

60-kilos (132lbs) x 8 reps, 100-kilos (220lbs) x 6 reps, 150-kilos (330lbs) x 4 x 3 reps

Played around.

Pec Dec

Stack (89kilos) x 8 reps

New lever row type machine

1/2 stack x 8 reps, 3/4 stack x 8 reps, almost the whole stack x 6 reps.

As per other GN users it doesn't feel that much cop.

Will do 2HP at 44mm later.

As he's my new lodger (from the beginning of the month) it's been hard to keep him out of the gym. He had some time off grippers but as I made some progress recently (with him urging me on) he's now racing to catch me back up and then, so he says, pass me.

Either way it adds a certain impetus to our training sessions.

You say that... but subject to much discussion we have some ideas for the future which I will probably not be including in my log. However, we both understand and appreciate the idea of two would be grip nuts living under the same roof and occasionally training together as something which will hopefully produce interesting results.

At the moment he's worked his way into about 10% of the material (videos, DVD's, etc) I have here. Joe Kinney's tape has been viewed as had a little of the GGC 2004 DVD's. I've got tons of BB and PL videos, books and so on brought over many years of collecting.

Just come back from the attic having shown him the 4000+ magazines, 100+ books and loads more and have brought down a slightly tired looking copy of Sandow's 'Life is movement'.

Friday pm

Having had my usual post workout shake and another cup of strong coffee it was back to my gym this time, with Paul, for some pinch work. He was trying out some new stuff and I used the Euro.

It was a good session, a very good session.

Friday pm

Having had my usual post workout shake and another cup of strong coffee it was back to my gym this time, with Paul, for some pinch work. He was trying out some new stuff and I used the Euro.

It was a good session, a very good session.

Care to share any more detais? :rock

No probs. Bookmark one of the logs.

Sunday

Went to GN and did some pullover work and Vulcan Gripper work. Once again, like a plum, I forgot to take the settings list with me. As I have yet to memorise it I did a session where I wasn't sure if what I was doing was any kop. Once home I could check out the settings and so that's why the numbers are below. Anyway...

Machine Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 2 x 6 reps

Vulcan Gripper (using Paul's)

On another log...

Now here's the bizarre part. I didn't feel all that during the gripper work. Because I didn't know what levels I was doing I thought I was doing at least 1, maybe 2, less than what I actually was. So when I was super close on the VVN closes it was like 'ahh could have been better, maybe I'll have another go later...'. Now I see it wasn't that bad a session at all.

Once again, like a plum, I forgot to take the settings list with me. As I have yet to memorise it...

Steve, each double notch ie 1-1, 2-2 etc. is a multiple of 3+1, as 1-1 is the base setting. eg. 5-5 is base setting +4, so 4x3+1=13 and working the 'tweener levels from there is easy.

:)

Monday

Seated machine press

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 60-kilos x 6 reps, stack plus 75-kilos x 5+ 1 spotted rep

DB Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17-kilos @ x 8 reps, 25-kilos @ x 3 x 8 reps

TPD

stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos x 8 reps, 55-kilos x 8 reps

Bwt: 20st 2lbs / 282lbs. Both arms pumped and so out came the tape and the right upper flexed arm was dead on 20-inches.

All this and yet I am in pain when I need to pick something off the floor.

Monday pm

Vulcan Gripper work

Baring in mind I only did these Sunday morning... probably good have been a tad better better it's all experimenting at the mo.