Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Could be better and I'd like to have seen more successful singles with my left hand.

Somewhat annoyingly I realized I only did 450-kilos and not 550-kilos on the l/press as I thought.

Wednesday pm

I haven't been to GN in the evening for ages so there was far too much talking and not enough attention paid so that might be why I Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed up - see below.

T/L/R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps @

L/H: 85-kilos (90.4 OR 95.4??) x 5 x 1 no problems plus a few more attempts

R/H: 85-kilos x 1 rep (as above), 100-kilos (as above) x 2 x 1 reps, dropped to 95-kilos (as above) x 2 x 1 rep, then back to 100-kilos (105.4 OR 110.4) x 2 x 1 and 2 x 1 attempts.

I am not exactly sure what I was lifting because as I put the weights away I am sure a disc I thought was a 10-kilo disc was in fact a small diameter 15-kilo disc. So, for example, with my left hand I may have been using 5-kilos more than I thought and the same again with my right. Because I trained at Gymantion for a change and used the heavy pin I'd adjusted the numbers anyway... all very confusing to say the least. So I either had a blinder of a session for more singles than I'd thought or was off if the weights were right... :blink All the numbers above are, therefore, what I thought I was doing and may have been heavier.

Friday am

Session all over the place. V annoying.

V/Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L12 x 1, VVN, 1, 1, 0, 1, VN

R/H: L16 (accident) x 0 reps, L12 x 1 rep, L16 x x 1, VVN, 1, 0 reps

Tested both hands at end of VG work and then after 2HP and both ok on standard grippers (left did a BBGM and right was a gnats ball off on a BBSE)

2HP @ 44mm

equx 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos x 1 rep, plus 79.5 (misload again) x 0 reps, 79-kilos x 1/2 off floor then a missed rep, dropped to 78.5 (probably should have done this for 5-8 x 1 reps anyway) x 1, 1, skin, missed, missed. Stopped as skin had torn a little at base of right thumb on 2nd half decent rep

Bwt 275lbs

... all very confusing to say the least. So I either had a blinder of a session for more singles than I'd thought or was off if the weights were right... :blink All the numbers above are, therefore, what I thought I was doing and may have been heavier.

You are not getting younger Steve, haha! :D Just kidding - You are getting stronger - that's what matters! :rock

... all very confusing to say the least. So I either had a blinder of a session for more singles than I'd thought or was off if the weights were right... :blink All the numbers above are, therefore, what I thought I was doing and may have been heavier.

That's even better than stating your weights in plates and kilos a side. :D

You will do some major damage at the Euros though. :rock

When my brain actually works the kilos a side method allows me to know what to load. Only now and then do I tally the load up.

When my brain actually works the kilos a side method allows me to know what to load. Only now and then do I tally the load up.

Sunday

Seated press

50-kilos x 8 reps, 75-kilos x 6 reps, 92.5-kilos x 1 rep (felt good so slowly increased weight), 95-kilos x 1 rep, 97.5-kilos x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 1 rep

DB Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilo @ x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos x 8, x 7 reps

Both of above supersetted with

Back Extension machine

3p x 10 reps, 6p x 10 reps, 9p x 10 reps, 12p x 10 reps, 15p x 10 reps, tried 18 but couldn't get my feet under stirrups

Tricep Pressdown

stack (105lbs) x 8 rep, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos (PB) x 7 reps :D

bwt: 19st 12.5lbs on GN machine (differs from ours by 4lbs)

Tuesday

V annoyed with one hand deadlift. I need to look back at previous efforts on this to see where I am going wrong cos it was all over the place. Yet CG Bench was ok with the two triples with 140-kilo a very nice surprise.

One hand deadlifts

B/H: 20-kilos e/s x 3 reps @, 40-kilos e/s x 3 reps @

L/H: 50-kilos e/s (120) x 1 rep, 58.75-kilos e/s x 0, 55-kilos e/s x 5 x 1 reps - not too bad but not what I wanted

R/H: 60-kilo e/s x 1 rep, 66.25-kilos x 0 reps, 65-kilos e/s x 0, 0 - shit basically.

CG Bench - max

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps (t/l), 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps (t/l), 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 68.75-kilos (157.5-kilos) e/s x 4 x 1 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 3 x 2 sets

* t/l = thumbless

Tuesday pm

as per earlier post I was not very happy with the result of the work on one hand deadlifts. So having used the search topic function on my gripboard log I went back ages to see what I was doing before back when I was half decent at it. That'd be late 2006 and early 2007 when I competed against Theo in a supermatch. I pulled 150-kilos right and a weak 120-kilos left. I'd done more with both in training but without the pauses required for an event. I looked at my working numbers so...

One hand deadlift (again) - thumb over

B/H: bar x 6 reps @, 60-kilos x 5 reps @, 100-kilos x 3 reps @

L/H: 130-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (having done 5 x 1 earlier)

R/H: 140-kilos x 6 x 1 reps

NB: I was alternating the left and right hand efforts.

Thursday

I need to review the RT work cos I'm having good and bad sessions. It might be the order/sequence of lifts affecting it.

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78-kilos x 8 x 1 reps. Started shaky but got better with each successful attempt.

T/L/R/T

B/H: (Light pin) 40-kilos x 1 rep, 50-kilos x 1 rep, 70-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: (light pin) 90-kilo x 0 reps, 80-kilos x 1 rep, 85-kilos x 1 rep, 90-kilos (again) x 0 reps, 88.75-kilos x 5 x 1 reps.

R/H: (heavy pin) 90-kilos (big disc) x 1 rep, 95-kilos x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 1 rep (hard) 97.5-kilos x 0 reps, 95-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (all hard/just).

Good RT and OHDL work!! :rock

I'm more happy with the pinch work. Back to an additional 78.5-kilos for 6+ singles next time.

Saturday

Man was I Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed after this. Shaking a tad and bordering on puking. I have never puked but man did I feel like I was gonna. Grippers were good and bench was up again. Note that I changed some shit around cos I trained at Gymnation. Anyways...

Crush grippers

I'll alternate these now up to the European.

B/H: CoC 1 x 6 reps @, HG200 x 3 reps @, CoC 2 x 1 rep @, HG300 x 1 rep @,

L/H: BBGM x 1 rep (deep set), CoC 3 x 1, x VN, VN, VN.

R/H:CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 1 rep, HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1 rep, CoC 4 (Jim's 4.01 rated gripper) x 2mm, x 2mm

Leg Ext

70-kilos x 8 reps, stack (120 at GN) x 8 reps, 75-kilos one leg at a time x 8 reps (I cannot go heavier nor add weight so did one legged leg extensions)

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 6 reps

Bench Press

first two sets decline until rack and bench were free: 60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps (don't like decline - felt wierd). 140-kilos x 3 sets x 3 reps :D The first one was a little off due to the declines pre-ex'ing my front delts. I'm aiming for 4 x 3 next time.

Pullover machine

12p (60-kilos) x 8 reps, 18p (about 90-kilos) x 8 reps, stack (100kg) plus 20-kilos x 7 reps.

Some sets, reps and exercises were supersetted to save time.

Edited by mobsterone

I just watched this:
soooo funny.

Haha - that was some crazy stuff!! :yikes

Wasn't it? :D

Wednesday

Piss poor start. Both he Vulcan Gripper and 2 hand pinch work started badly and got worse. I changed to start crush grippers and they were just as bad. So, having stopped and drawn a line beneath it I went home. Another strong coffee, a prepped protein shake and as H knocked at the door I'd made a decision to go back and for want of a better phrase 'flabbergastenpoopy myself up'. Here's how it went:

Part 1

Vulcan Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L12 x 1, VN, VN, 0

R/H: L12 x 1 rep, L16 x VN, 1, VN

2HP @ 44mm

set up x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (first two very rough), plus 72.5-kilos x 3 attempts (all crap).

Part 2

Vulcan Gripper

L/H: HG300 x 30 x 1 reps

R/H: CoC 3 x 30 x 1 reps

2HP @ 44mm

set up x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 5 reps, plus 60-kilos (82 in hand) x 16 singles (16 x 1), upped to +65-kilos (87) x 1 rep and 1 missed. Upped again to +70-kilos (92) x 1 and 1 missed rep. Dropped back down to 15 x 1 reps (31 in total at 82-kilos)

Much better.

Thursday

I need someone to follow me around adding brain cells cos I must have - again - used all mine up. I went to Gymnation this evening thinking r/t shoulders and arms yet failed to notice I missed thick bar deadlifts.... kack.

I also did my 3 times a year rant and rave at some numptie who pulled into our yard so he could could do a u-turn and drive the wrong way up the one way street outside. I went from serene to foaming at the mouth loon in about 2 seconds for whatever reason.

Anyway...

TLRT

was ok. I do well enough on this lift but am unhappy with not getting a few more kilos on this. Using the light pin I went to 6 x 1 with 88.75-kilos loaded left handed and 100-kilos loaded times the same right handed.

Seated BB press

60-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 100-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

DB Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 25-kilos @ x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos @ x 8 reps

Tricep Press Down

105-lbs/stack x 10 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 10 reps, plus 40-kilos x 10 reps, plus 45-kilos x 8 reps.

Friday

Standard bar sumo style double overhand deadlifts (SB) supersetted with thick bar partial deadlifts double overhand in the rack (various heights)(TB) The thick bar was a hollow scaffold pole about 6 feet long. I did not bother with collars.

SB

60-kilos x 5 reps, 80-kilo x 5 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep, 140-kilos x 4 x 1 reps**

TB

40-kilos x 6 reps, 80 x 4 reps, (set bar higher) 120-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 2 x 1 rep (1 wide grip and 1 narrow - 1 dizzy again), set bar higher again and trying not to let it rest on my nuts did 160-kilos x 1 rep again, 200-kilos x 2 x 1 rep (dizzy on first). I also tried 240-kilos but no go.

** on 2nd rep I was nigh on falling over I was so dizzy. Having staggered around trying not to fall over or bump me head etc I tried again realizing I was holding my breath too long in places hence feeling bolloxed. I also started dropping the bar on standard olympic bar deadlifts as lowering isn't an issue. I was trying, as best is possible, to get my hips down low so my back is flat. Picking the weight up is no problem, getting fully locked out was.

PM

CG Bench - max

Gymnation again (my own gym this morning)

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (last one hard) and back down to 140-kilos x 4 reps (new PB and again last one hard)