Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Is that easy #4 the one Timmy sent to Twig and Twig sold to Savage? The one Pete once tried on video as well? No offence towards anyone intended, just want to make a distinction between "easy" and "tampered", if it indeed is the same gripper?

dont know who had it originally, but apparently they put some kind of bar through it an then foot stomp'd it, i dont know if they were doing that 100 foot stomps for seasoning bs or just trying to wreck it, but thats why the spread is small (around 2 an half inch) - i traded some grippers to twig for it (i still have too many..), this way i have easy (3.7-3.8), medium (4.1-4.2), an hard (never closed it / not sure) #4 >easier to work up to the cert this way

Baby Inch Clean

Rather more easy to do than I thought.

44lb 'Blob' by the face

As per blurb on youtube page it took a while to get my fingers set

Inch with either hand

Happy enough with these

Millennium 'thrown away'

I did the just enough as per and then used the free hand to help toss it onto the mat

All thanks to Paul Savage (low res mobile phone quality) and all done on the 5/6/2008 in between regular training.

Is that easy #4 the one Timmy sent to Twig and Twig sold to Savage? The one Pete once tried on video as well? [
If it is, then Savage promised he wouldn't claim it as a #4 close, cos it's so flocked, and that's why I traded him for it (to get an average #3, cos I only had hard ones!), and, to give him his due, he hasn't.

Savage doesn't need to mislead others, cos he has such a genuine work ethic, although he does seem to me to be somewhat boastful and insecure at times, I've no idea if that's accurate or not, but what I do know is this: If I can get my didactism, Paul's ethic and Fred's talent in a room all at once, every record ever set will be breached!

EDIT: Just seen this:

what a day this was! - firstly, i have to say steve closed the #4 i did a couple reps on (he rates it 3.7-3.8) 3 different times,

He's an honest guy, people!

Saturday

Started late (too busy chatting with my lodger) so ended up taking two cups of coffee and kicked off at well after 11am and not 10am as intended. But all in all it was ok. All training was outside in the sunshine (fabulous). I'll be crispy tomorrow but it was not a day to waste.

Thumbless rolling thunder

I'd remember, this time, to write out my intended numbers, weights, reps etc and then when I arrived thought 'screw it, just plop one of the 90-kilo discs on.

B/H: 45-kilos (50.4) x 8 reps each

L/H: 90-kilo (95.4) x 7 x 1 reps (No: 4 rough rest ok)

R/H: 90-kilos x 1 rep, 93.75-kilos x 1 rep, 97.5-kilos (102.9) x 5 x 1 reps

K/bell swings

24-kilos bell x B/H* x 20, R/H x 20, L/H x 20, B/H x 20* (was flipping it round rather than over and then, in mid air, swapping hand to hand. Only the first rep was actually two handed)

And much later (for fun)

90-kilo disc (67mm thick) pinch

x 4 x 1 reps off of floor. Nice.

Is that easy #4 the one Timmy sent to Twig and Twig sold to Savage? The one Pete once tried on video as well? [
If it is, then Savage promised he wouldn't claim it as a #4 close, cos it's so flocked, and that's why I traded him for it (to get an average #3, cos I only had hard ones!), and, to give him his due, he hasn't.

Savage doesn't need to mislead others, cos he has such a genuine work ethic, although he does seem to me to be somewhat boastful and insecure at times, I've no idea if that's accurate or not, but what I do know is this: If I can get my didactism, Paul's ethic and Fred's talent in a room all at once, every record ever set will be breached!

EDIT: Just seen this:

what a day this was! - firstly, i have to say steve closed the #4 i did a couple reps on (he rates it 3.7-3.8) 3 different times,

He's an honest guy, people!

i did not promise i wouldn't claim it as a #4 close twig (it IS a #4), i said i would say it is exactly what it is, an give my honest rating of it to anyone who asked - it is the easiest #4 i have, but it is in no way a stupid easy gripper, as sam said it's basically like a normal #4 at the close (hence why most attempts steve was getting it to 1mm as with the 4.01), but easier through the sweep >an as i said at the time, most of those who have closed a #4 have closed an easier one anyways

I didn't try this #4 on Thursday, but Twig sent it to me to try before he sold it to Paul. I could get it to about 2mm with either hand (it is very easy to set), but couldn't quite close it. The spring is quite low mounted. It is up there with other #4s at the close.

90-kilo disc (67mm thick) pinch

x 4 x 1 reps off of floor. Nice.

nice! when i tried this last year the plates just cut nicely into my thumb webbing and never even came off the floor < <

Blah, blah. Me only care out 4 x 1 with beastly 90-kilo thick disc. Cold (well unless you count being warn in the sun). We'll do better another time and no one is claiming anything re the 4 (or any 4) just yet. It's gonna be an easy one, then a rated one, then CCS, then a out of the pack and finally a cert. And that's a way to go just yet.

Of course if we deep set and close, in accordance with event rules, a rated 4 or close to it if I am able to join you at the Euros well that's another matter :D

A #4 equivalent to Jim's 4.01 (maybe you can bring this gripper with you and Burkhard could use it as a calibrated gripper in the contest) is more than possible for you in August.

Good news - my account is ready to go! I am setting up a paypal account as i write.

Monday

Grippers were well off. I even had a slight twinge in the back of my right wrist. I may have another go later or drop down and come back at it. Perhaps last weeks efforts were a peak thing and I need to take another run for the (hopefully) Euros. Pinch was, however, completely the opposite. I could quite easily have done more but held back.

Vulcan Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L12+2b x VN, VN, L12 x VVN dropped to L11 and still a gnats off. Stopped.

R/H: L13 x 1 rep, L16+1 x 0, L16 x VVN, Vn, L15 x off - stopped.

2HP @ 44mm

1 small change in that once I went pass +30 x 1 reps (set up plus 2 x 15-kilo discs) I swapped the 15's for 20's. My lower back was sore (muscle rather than injury) from Saturday but ok once I got warmed up.

Equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep,. plus 76.5-kilos (approx 98.4-kilos / 216.48lbs) x 6 x 1 (as above could have done more - no skin issues etc)

Edited by mobsterone

Yeah, my grippers were a bit weaker than usual sun night aswell. Last week's session was a big one.

Tuesday

Up for a workout again today and tomorrow I have a lorry coming so need to be around most of the day so of to the gym I went. All at GN

D/O Thick Bar deadlifts

bar x 6 reps, plus 40-kilos x 3 reps, plus 70-kilos x 3 reps, plus 100-kilos x 1 rep, plus 112.5-kilos (148.10 approx) x 3 x 1 reps.

Form was, to be frank, bloody awful.

Seated machine press (last machine session for a while)

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 6 reps, x 5 reps s/s with curls

D/B Curls

10-kilos@ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos@ x 8 reps, 25-kilos@ x 8 reps

TPD

stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 5 crappy reps (too heavy on this machine)

Bwt: right down. And I thought I was eating crap... obviously not enough crap

Wednesday

trained again because tomorrow I'm off to the finals of BSM to cheer on our Lozza!

Back still sore so no kettlebell today

One hand deadlift

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps, 100-kilos x 3 reps

L/H: 130-kilos x 1 rep, 135-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 130-kilos x 1 rep, 155-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (not quite a mis-load cos I spotted it before I started but couldn't be arsed to change it back to 147.5-kilos as intended)

CG Bench (max)

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 1 rep - v hard so dropped to 155-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (all hard enough)

Saturday

Back still not 100%. Took time stretching etc

2HP at 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos x 0, x 1 rep, plus 80-kilos (102 approx) x 0 reps, back to plus 77-kilos x 1 (hard) rep, 1 good rep, 1 good rep (dizzy), plus 77.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78.5-kilos x 1/2 rep - stopped there.

TLRT

No warm ups cos I'd stretched warmed up earlier and was nice 'n' warm from pinching. Did these outside in greayt weather again. Left hand off.

L/H: 90-kilos 1, 1, 0, 0, dropped to 90 (95.4) x 0 so stopped.

R/H: 98.75-kilos (104.15) x 1, 0, 1, 1, 1 reps, upped to 100-kilos (105.4) x 1, upped again to 101.25-kilos (106.65) x 2 x 1 reps (last one held for time)

With that much weight is it even a wrist curl? I mean are you just grabbing it and holding while your arms roll it up, or is it actually bending at the wrist? Either way its impressive.

Wrist curl?? I was doing 2HP - two hand pinches and TLRT - thumbless rolling thunder.

Saturday

Back still not 100%. Took time stretching etc

2HP at 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos x 0, x 1 rep, plus 80-kilos (102 approx) x 0 reps, back to plus 77-kilos x 1 (hard) rep, 1 good rep, 1 good rep (dizzy), plus 77.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78.5-kilos x 1/2 rep - stopped there.

TLRT

No warm ups cos I'd stretched warmed up earlier and was nice 'n' warm from pinching. Did these outside in greayt weather again. Left hand off.

L/H: 90-kilos 1, 1, 0, 0, dropped to 90 (95.4) x 0 so stopped.

R/H: 98.75-kilos (104.15) x 1, 0, 1, 1, 1 reps, upped to 100-kilos (105.4) x 1, upped again to 101.25-kilos (106.65) x 2 x 1 reps (last one held for time)

Equal to 99.9-kilos or a gnats ball under 220lbs or around the top 10 level on the all time list for multiple singles... nice :D

Sunday

Trained today cos we have a bunch of odds and ends to do with the Severn Valley comp next weekend and so the more time clear the better.

Vulcan Gripper

s/setted with leg work

L/H: L12 x 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1 reps

R/H: L16 x 6 x 1 reps

Leg Ext

70-kilos x 8 reps, stack (145-kilos) x 8 reps, 147.5-kilos x 8 reps

Leg Curl

20-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 45-kilos x 6 reps

Leg Press

0-kilos x 8-12 reps (combo of single and both legs), 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, wraps on and 540-kilos x 4 reps

CG Bench

s/setted with LPD

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 145-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

LPD

70-kilos x 8 reps, stack (140-kilos) x 8 reps, stack plus 5-kilos (145) x 8 reps

Tuesday

Lots on today and running late so keep it quick...

Back aching (left side) as per so lots of stretching etc.

TLRT

B/H: 45-kilos @ x 8 reps

L/H: 90-kilos (95.4) x 0 reps. Changed to lighter pin (2.5??) with 85-kilos x 1 rep, 86.25-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, 87.5-kilos x 1 and 88.75-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 100-kilos x 1, 0, 1, 0, dropped to 98.75-kilos x 3 x 1 and 1 attempt half up

Got old handle out and did

L/H: 100-kilos x 1 and R/H: 120-kilos x 1 with an attempt at 140-kilos (145.4)

K/Bell work

L/H: 24kg x 20

R/H: 24kg x 20

B/H: 24kg x 20 x 2

Bwt well down. But just now the lads all weighed in at much less than usual. The heat (sweat and metabolism naturally speeding up when it's warm) seems to have affected us all.

Edited by mobsterone

Strong sessions.

My weight is well down aswell Steve. I was under 100kg yesterday for the first time in 3 years.

These double sessions aren't helping yet gippy back or not I'm having some good 'uns.

Tuesday PM

Vulcan Gripper

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L12 x 6 x 1 (most solid)

R/H: L12 x 1 rep, L16 x 5 x 1 and 1 missed (poor set otherwise as above)

2HP at 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 77.5-kilos (scaled after training at 100.4-kilos Sweet :D )x 6 x 1 with the last rep just tearing the skin at the base of each thumb. Prior to that apart from the usual slight dizzyness I get with this lift I felt good for a few more. Well happy with the pinch

Wednesday

All training at unit and in the PM. No more until next Monday earliest.

Seated BB press

Man u feel this when you've done machine work for a few weeks. The stabiliziers get soooo weak.

20-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 27.5-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 32.5-kilos e/s x 1 rep (easy), 33.75-kilos e/s x 3 x 1 reps (harder)

D/B Curls

s/s with heavy press sets

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 25-kilos @ x 8 reps

TPD

40-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 85-kilos (80 plus a 5-kilo plate) x 2 x 6 reps