Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

I'd feel the same once I can do that 2-3 times on the trot. Then get ready...

Wow! That is monster strong there! Do you think #4s are around the same as the level 17 on the DHVG?

Close. There's no knurling or grip per se on the DHVG but it does take chalk ok. Back at the Peter Horne event I was 1mm or less off of a level 17 close on David's own VG and then the same on this 4.01 gripper (it belongs to Jim Wylie).

Not unless it costs nothing. I've said before I don't have much and the idea of spending the little I do on P&P from the US and back on a gripper... not for me. Other than the kudos you don't get a nice prize either. I KNOW that I could do something all the way to MM4 without any trouble whatsoever. Indeed I'd happily (if money allowed it) cert on a MM0, MM1, MM2 (done a replica after the CoC ebent in 2005) and MM3 all the same day.

Make that the MM6 Steve. It calibrates at less than that #4 you are using (assuming claibration data on the dup is accurate).

"Make that the MM6 Steve. It calibrates at less than that #4 you are using (assuming claibration data on the dup is accurate)."

i believe there are the same (mm6 and Mobsterone's #4) ... not complety sure, but i think the gripper D.Morton closed was calibrated at 4.02 ...

"The both of you could do double certs and split the shipping costs."

excellent man! totally agree:-)

Saturday

Went to Gymnation but it was shut (so have emailed Imran with my offer of working there part time again).

One hand deadlifts

I wanted to see where I am with these before setting a program in motion.

B/H: 60-kilos x 4 reps @, 100-kilos x 3 reps @, 130-kilos x 1 rep @,

R/H: 150-kilos x 0 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 140-kilos x 1 rep

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 1 rep and 170-kilos x 0 reps

KB swings - for conditioning

B/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps R/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps, L/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps, B/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps

My good I was puffed. I'll be looking to do 20 each next time. My back felt nice n warm after with no strains. When doing the single handed reps I used the free hand to brace off of my thigh.

Lazy mofo that I am I neglected, as I usually DO write it out, to write out a plan of action / targets for the session so had no idea what I was supposed to be doing - well maybe a vague one. So I've quoted the last session like this for comparison

Sunday

1 hand deadlift

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps each, 100-kilos x 3 reps each, 130-kilos x 1 reps each. 140-kilos x 1 rep right and 1 missed rep left (see above - should have been 135 or 137.5kg)

R/H: 145-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (actually about right)

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 3 x 1 reps - good. I wanna go now lower than this before whey power challenge at xmas when I'd like to hit 190-kilos (418lbs)

KB Swings

24-kilos bell

B/H x 20 swings, R/H x 20 swings, L/H x 20 swings and B/H x 10 swings (ran out of puff). Only a little off what target would have been - cool.

Good session.

What day next week are you doing max grippers? Wed/Thurs would be great for me to come up as i have thurs off work.

190kg bench would be great at the whey consortium power challenge!

Thursday. Paul might be up this week as well - I've forgotten what day so PM him as well.

Thursday. Paul might be up this week as well - I've forgotten what day so PM him as well.

Paul PMd me and said thursday is ok :)

If it's your max grippers day anwyay that's sweet.

Paul PMd me and said thursday is ok :)

If it's your max grippers day anwyay that's sweet.

It is. Tuesday is pinch and RT work.

Tuesday

2HP at 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 76-kilos (scaled at 97.90kg after) x 1 (hard), 1 (also damned hard), 1 (solid), 1 (better), 1 (solid but I was dizzy) and another 1 (so 6 x 1). The actual reps got better but I was all over the place after each one.

Dunno why. I woke v early had a drink and a banana, then back to bed and awake at usual time and ate usual breakfast.

T/L/R/T

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps @

L/H: 80-kilos x 1 (easy), so 82.5-kilos 5 x 1 reps (all ok)

R/H: 90-kilos x 1 (easy) so 95-kilos x 2 x 1 (both iffy) so dropped to 92.5-kilos and did 3 x 1 solid reps.

What is your usual breakfast mate? What do you think causes the dizziness? It's been happening to me lately every time i close a maximal gripper.

It only happens with pinch and is probably cos I'm bent over and so not getting enough air in.

It only happens with pinch and is probably cos I'm bent over and so not getting enough air in.

yeah that's probably why - i remember you telling me to hold my breath before lifting when doing pinch - tried this last week and it does help.

With difficulty :blink We're selling the seated press bench, the frame inside the door and have agreed a swap of 2 x 50-kilo discs for the pyramid shaped weight tree.

Not bad for nothing but the few quid we gave to one of Mike's mates Baggy for diesel. Again like the last few bits donated by Lee Powell IFBB pro.