Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

that #4 is sexy! can't wait to try it again hopefully in a few weeks (work dependent) i'll be able to come up to yours again.

The one you very kindly sent me will stay under wraps until I conquer this one.

The one you very kindly sent me will stay under wraps until I conquer this one.

Yeah. When you a ready for it do a vid of opening it on camera and a wide set (like you normally use) attempt.

Thursday

I had a little play for the first time in years on the deadlift but using Gymantion's thick bar to see what I'd be like if I did the European Grip Championships.

Thick bar deadlift

bar (35.6-kilos) x 8 reps (set it on the outside of the rack and then only pulled from the same height as if plates were on it), plus 40-kilos (75.6) x 8 reps, plus 70-kilos (105.6) x 8 reps, plus 100-kilos (135.6) x 6 reps (did not quite lock out the last one).

Seated machine press

1/2 stack (10p) x 8 reps, stack (19 or about 90-kilos according to chart) x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 6 reps, plus 45-kilos x 6 reps then asked Scooter and Louis what the record was. They said the pin filled up (so 7 x 15-kilo plates or 105kg) x 1 rep by Louis and 2 reps by Scooter. So I did 3 :D And got Louis to video it on my mobile (will get a card reader and upload it when I can).

cable curls - s/s with TPD

50lbs x 8 reps, 100lbs x 8 reps

Tricep pressdown

100lbs x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 8 reps (hard after presses)

Stretching

Bwt 281lbs

Nice session. If you can avoid re-aggravating the back I don't think the numbers you mentioned on the other thread will be a problem on the Axle for you.

Saturday

Went to Gymnation but it was shut (so have emailed Imran with my offer of working there part time again).

One hand deadlifts

I wanted to see where I am with these before setting a program in motion.

B/H: 60-kilos x 4 reps @, 100-kilos x 3 reps @, 130-kilos x 1 rep @,

R/H: 150-kilos x 0 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 140-kilos x 1 rep

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 1 rep and 170-kilos x 0 reps

KB swings - for conditioning

B/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps R/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps, L/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps, B/H: 24kg bell x 15 reps

My good I was puffed. I'll be looking to do 20 each next time. My back felt nice n warm after with no strains. When doing the single handed reps I used the free hand to brace off of my thigh.

How far from your house is Gymnation? A part time job would be ideal for you. More money! :D

Well done on the one hand deadlifts.

I need a reply from you re the PM I sent about the CoC 3 on eBay.

Anyways...

Monday

Grippers / Vulcan Gripper

L/H: VG L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L14 x 0 reps, L13 plus 1 band x N, N, dropped to L12 + 1 band and did 2 x 1

R/H: VG L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L13 x 1 rep, L16 x VVN, x 1 rep, CoC 4 x 1mm, 1-2mm, 2mm

Leg Extension

60-kilos x 12 reps, 120-kilos (stack) x 12 reps, x 11 reps

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 12 reps, 40-kilos x 12 reps, 50-kilos x 1 too heavy

Leg Press

plate x 12 reps @ leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 400-kilos x 8 reps (belt but no wraps) hard work

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 8 reps

Bwt: 281.5 lbs

"CoC Gripper work

RH only: CoC 4 (from weekend so rated at 4.01) x 1mm off closing, 2mm off, 2mm off, 3mm off - so stopped."

well done! incredible power after some sets with the vulcan!

warm up and prep sets rather than all out work on the Vulcan. Indeed I might put a few sessions of Vulcan only work in. I'm really just playing around these next few days.

Definition of obsessed...

This afternoon, thanks once again to the kindness of IFBB pro Lee Powell, we collected another bit of kit from Severnside Gym (in Barnwood park). This time a 45-degree leg press. Having humped it in and not really knowing where it'll go just yet the lads (Mike and Mark 'Baggy' Bagwell) and myself then buggered off. An hour later I was back seeing if 1) I could put it back together (I could) and 2) how much weight it'll hold.

That found me with tape measure, pen, paper and a calculator...

I've worked out that IF we use the 90-kilo discs we have now, add the pair of 110-lbs / 50-kilo discs coming (both sets are around 67-70mm thick per disc) then allow 32mm per 20-kilo disc on two longer pins at 320mm and one short middle pin at 270mm I might be able to get 720-kilos loaded. Given that it's one with the nylon rollers rather than sweet linear bearings it'll feel like loads more.

I need to get out more :blink

Without seeing it how well made/built it is, might I suggest a little experiment.....????

Set the carriage on the stoppers (depending on what sort of leg press it is). Load as much weight as possible onto it, leave it for ten minutes and then come back and start kicking it. If it holds, you've put it together properly!!

I'm not questioning your ability to put stuff together, but it's what I would do - with my luck I'd be in the machine thinking "S@#t, that's were that bolt went......"

I only had to put the carriage on. Other than lifting it into position twice it was fairly straight forward. The rest is one solid piece - in other words welded all round. We brought it on the back of a truck.

Edited by mobsterone

Wednesday

2HP @ 44mm

set up x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos (about 96 total) x 6 x 1 reps. Happy with that and there was a little more in the tank.

T/L/R/T (+)

+45-kilos x 8 reps @ hand, +80-kilos x 1 rep @ hand, +85-kilos x 1 rep @ hand,

Left hand done the rest are right hand only.

R/H: +90-kilos x 1 rep, +95-kilos x 1 rep, +100-kilos x 0 reps changed to old handle and gave +140-kilos a go with thumb and without (too damn much ha ha).

Wednesday pm

Went back to the Whey Gym to see what would happen (baring in mind pinch works the thumb hard and RT is, in effect, a thick bar deadlift) if I did double over hand partial rack pulls on the thick bar. So...

DO partial deadlifts with 2" thick bar (30-kilos empty)

from hole 7 in rack (about 3" above the knee) plus 40-kilos (70) x 6 reps, plus 80-kilos (110) x 3 reps, plus 120-kilos (150) x 3 reps, plus 150-kilos (180) x 3 x 1 reps, plus 170-kilos (200) x 2 x 1 reps (both hard), dropped to plus 160-kilos (190) x 2 x 1 piss poor.

I'll look at what's what later once I've analyzed my performance.

Knock off about 30-40kg if you are doing them above the knee. The spin on the bar is most as it comes off the floor, your thighs will stop the rotation on these. Lockouts behind the back will be a better way of testing it (without taxing the back as much as a full DL).

Nice work with the pinch. Me would like even 1 rep in the mid 90s range one day never mind endless singles, ha. :)

I bet ha ha. Not bad for a week or so off. The idea today was more about taxing the grip and I'll still be doing stuff from the floor.

Makes sense. How is the back holding up anyway? Any stiffness after the pinch and RT?

It's better than it was earlier on the year though which is good. I recall you worrying about it loads in Feb/mar time My back is a lot worse in winter - if you've ever walked home from the gym after heavy deads mid winter you'll know exactly what i mean - when it is warmer i have next to no stiffness after sessions! :rock

Have you got a new massage machine for it yet? That massage bed Hulk Hogan has in the MTV program 'Hogan Knows Best' looks awesome - it's prob set you back a few grand though. ;):blush

Edited by CoC#3

Friday

Form!! I saw myself at the top of the max thick bar deads and I looked like a banana!

DO Axle deads.

bar x 6 reps, plus 40-kilos (75.6) x 3 reps, plus 70-kilos (105.6) x 3 reps, plus 100-kilos (135.6) x 1 rep, plus 110-kilos (145.6) x 5 x 1 reps

Seated machine press

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 60-kilos x 4 reps, plus 110-kilos x attempt

Off to unit for

DB curls (plate weight only does not inc handle)

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 15-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos x 8 reps, 25-kilos x 8 reps

s/s with

TPD

50-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 85-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 6 reps

Friday pm

Cos I felt like and cos I can I did another workout this evening - grippers only mind

Vulcan Gripper / CoC 4 work

Once again I did not take the sheet with the levels marked on it so while they are listed here it's after checking when I got back.

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @, L10 x 1 rep @

L/H: L11 x 1, 1, 1, 1, VVN, 1, N stopped cos shot.

R/H: L13 x 1 rep, L14 x 1 rep, L16 x 1, L17 attempt to 5mm.

Then decided to do spring supported (index finger and thumb bracing spring immediately after setting gripper to about 30mm or so) attempts with the CoC 4.

So: 1/2mm, 1/2mm, 1/2mm, maybe closed (hand shook and was dark but I couldn't see light between the handles) then 1/2mm. NB: all 1/2mm are paper thin, under 1mm but light still coming through. Best session ever on the 4. Did not use bands this session but felt strong so...