Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Well done Steve. It wasn't quite the grind of your bench in December then?

Nope. Thanks goodness. :blink

Well done with the bench Steve.

Cheers Sam. :D

Cheers. Have you had your order come through yet?? I don't remember getting your reply re flavor.

Cheers. Have you had your order come through yet?? I don't remember getting your reply re flavor.

mine or Phil's?

not yet....

i checked my email and i haven't had anything on flavour...i was gonna get choc.....but if that ain't available, then berry or banana will be cool....

Cheers. I'll double check what's what. There's a problem with the code on the site and I sent an email to you (which I see you've just replied to) on the 25th. I'll send a message to the d/s for it to go out Tuesday.

Saturday

Grippers

B/H: VG L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps

L/H: RB240 x 1 rep, BBGM x 1 rep, CoC 3 x 3 x 1 all to within 4mm

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 3 x 1 reps. Deep set all grippers.

Weaver Stick

B/H: bar x 6 reps, plus 2.5-kilos x 3 reps, plus 3.5-kilos x 1 rep (no wraps thus far - from this point forward wraps on)

L/H: plus 6-kilos (7.5) x 0 reps, plus 5.5-kilos (7.0) x 0, 1, 1 reps

R/H: plus 6.5-kilos (8.0) x 0 rep, plus 6-kilos (7.5) x 3 x 1 reps

TLRT

B/H: 45-kilos (50.4) x 8 reps

L/H: 85-kilos (90.4) x 8 x 1 reps

R/H: 97.5 (102.9) x 8 x 1 reps

Back stiff etc after. So stretched and tried keeping limber. I am using the massage pad machine for the full 15 minutes and the lower back is sore to the touch every single time the machine gets at it. But at the same time I feel more capable after.

Sunday am

Seated press

15-kilos e/s (50-kilos) x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s (80) x 6 reps, 45-kilos e/s (110) x 4 x 1 reps*

D/B Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 8 reps all hammer style. Last set loose form

*all curl sets s/setted with heavy press set

Tricep pressdown

stack (105lbs) x 12 easy reps, plus 25-kilos x 12 reps, plus 45-kilos x 12 reps. I ran out of time to do one more set which I wanted.

Monday am

V strange session. Both grippers and pinch were a little off. That said many pints of Guinness were drunk over the day yesterday (my daughter, her hubby and the in laws were down for the day). A little warm today and I think I'm sweating the effects out.

So I have two options baring in mind I did the following (see below) either go mad and do a zillion reps on the grippers or come back and do pinch again later. We'll see.

Grippers

B/H: VG L1 x 6 reps@, VG L7 x 3 reps@,

L/H: RB240ip x 1 rep, BBGM x 1 rep, CoC3 x 4 x 1 attempts (all VVN). Also trying to use 20mm block as per comp rules

R/H: BBE x 1 rep, CoC3.5 x 1 rep,

2HP @44 mm

set x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78-kilos x 3 attempts. All dead in the water.

Gripper stupidity

L/H: RB240ip x 13 X 1 reps

R/H: BBE x 12 X 1 reps and 1 VVN.

Tuesday pm

2HP @ 44mm

worked to 72.5-kilos loaded (longer p[in so total weight was 94.5-kilos) for 20 x 1 reps. Very close to puking and I just know I am gonna be Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed tomorrow. Super tough workout. [:'(]

How the skin did not tear... man it is sore!!

The earlier workout was done today and not yesterday as it indicates.

Wednesday

I'm avoiding the leg press until after the event cos the weights so damn heavy and my back so sore that I don't wanna risk injury. So just bench and pullover today

CG Bench

20-kilos (60) e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s (100) x 6 reps, 60-kilos (140) e/s x 1 rep, 75-kilos e/s (170) x 1 rep, then working max at 76.25-kilos e/s (172.5) x 3 x 1 solid reps. No collars all sweet as a nut. I felt like I could have made the 180 again.

Pullover machine

*12plates (of stack. Probably equates to 60-kilos) x 8 reps, 18p (90kg??) x 8 reps, stack (20plates or 100kg) plus 25-kilos pinned to the stack x 8 reps. * 1st set done before bench cos the rack was not free.

Bwt a little down at 285.5lbs

Thursday

Hard, hard, hard but with only a few days left it was also push, push, push.

Thumbless Rolling Thunder

All over the place.

New handle (spins freely)

L/H: eventually settled on 85-kilos x several reps (90.4 in the hand)

R/H: as above x 100-kilos (105.4)

Old handle (barely turns)

L/H: to 105-kilos (110.4) x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: to 120-kilos (125.4) x 4 x 1 reps

Weaver Stick

B/H: bar x 6 reps, plus 2.5-kilos (4) x 3 reps, plus 3.5-kilos (5) x 1 rep - all no wrap

L/H: plus 5.5-kilos (7) x 0, 1, 0, 1, 1,

R/H: plus 6.0-kilos (7.5) x 5 x 1 reps

Bwt: holding well on our unit scales.

Saturday

last pinch session - was a little off. I'm deffo over trained (not in itself a bad thing as the upcoming 4 days rest will see super-compensation take effect). I warmed up well, stretched etc. I also had to take the belt in one notch (as it's a lever type this involves a screwdriver).

Back sore, left shoulder sore, right wrist sore but also feeling tight. Inside left thigh still 'twanging' from time to time (not helped by Lozza playfully and not really that hard wrestling it).

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 0 (not locked in), plus 2 x 1 reps. Plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos x 1 rep, plus 77-kilos x 1 rep, plus 77.5-kilos x 1 rep (weighed at 99.2-kilos), plus 79.5-kilos x 0 reps Dropped back to 75 but was done.

not a bad last session. you are on target for at least 100kg, probably more on the comp day. see ya monday ;)

Edited by CoC#3

100-kilos would be disappointing. My back is stiff as a board now but I've been on my feet hours with the guys training. In fact I'm just back and using the massage machine again. One hand lifts to only 250 or so tomorrow for groove work and then grippers with you Monday. Then rest, weigh the plates that need it again and help set up Friday.

when you lift the 2hp do you do it round backed? I recall you saying round back lifting (stones etc...) didn't affect your back.

No. I've been loath to est that theory. But of course it's cumulative effort rather than one lift.

Superb strength all around Steve! Really looking forward to seeing what numbers you guys put up at the comp. Best of strength man. You won't need luck.

I appear to have worn out the back massage machine but today is the last day for me to wear out my back. I wanna take the 1 hand lift to the mid-200's today saving out and out effort for next Saturday. Tomorrow is grippers and then the rest of the week limbering and loosening work. If my recovery is as good as I hope it should be ok.

Sunday

Only grippers to go now and todays session while it could have been a notch better wasn't too sniffy. As per Sam's earlier post and cos I though 'what the heck' I gave the Atlas stones a spin to help open the back up. Seemed to work.

Warmed up and stretched then:

Atlas Stone

50-kilo/110lbs stone x 3 pick up and stand ups, 80-kilos / 176lbs stone x 3 pickup and stand ups (not quite enough for a high platform)

One hand lift

194.54-kilos x 1 rep @ hand, 234.54-kilos x 1 rep @ hand, 274.54-kilos x right only (nowt there for left) - could have been higher.

Atlas stone

120-kilos / 264lbs x 3 pick ups only

Monday

Trained with Sam Solomi. Videoed his attempts with a Mash Monster 1 then had a go at it myself (easy peasy - was repping it).

Grippers

L/H: many attempts down to 1-2mm with my CoC 3 (about a 3.2)

R/H: several attempts with a BBSE inc 2-3 closes. Sam's 4 down to 2mm

He also had me have a go at a BB Pro - damn it was a rock. As was his BB WC.

Played around with the RT both thumbless and not - caned Sam, Loz and H easily.