Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Like to have a go on one of those 90kg plates for a 2hp.

I saw Harry the other day Mobster he has got freakin huge! crazy deadlift for his age too. Told him he should do the bench and deadlift at severnside in sept.

Details please Geo.

Will get back to you with the exact date. Its the first or second weekend in sept I think. BAWLA comp under IPF rules, equipment allowed, BAWLA membership required more details to follow.

Bus pull 1st weekend in September (1st) and Plane pull second weekend (8th).

Thursday

Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: 240ip x 7 x 1 reps, BBGM x 1, 1, VVN, VVN, VN, N (6)

R/H: BBE x 7 x 1 reps, BBSE x 1, 1, VVN, VVN, N, N (6)

V-Bar

B/H: 45, 75, 90, 105, 120-kilos x 1 rep

R/H: 142.5-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 142.5-kilos x missed rep

B/H: 141.25-kilos x 1, 1, 3, 1 reps :D

W/Roller

The GN w/roller was not ready to use (small problem with set up before) and Scooter etc all had a go. It is 2" thick and lightly knurled where you grip. I warmed up with 75-kilos x 1 rep, then 100-kilos x 1 rep and did more than anyone and a PB for me by going to 125-kilos x 1 rep :D :D

What do the N, VN and VVN mean? Sorry if it's been answered somewhere, tried to search but couldn't find.

W/Roller should read 'was now ready' and not 'not ready'.

V and N are very and near. So VVN means very very near (like as in 1-2mm). It has been asked but only in my log itself.

Sure, when a search is done it checks the whole site if you want it to. Besides it's only 65 pages... :upsidedwn

Edited by mobsterone

Saturday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 555-kilos x 8 reps

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 17.5-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 50-kilos e/s x 2 reps, 55 and 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep. Then 65-kilos x 1 tough rep so dropped to 62.5-kilos x 2 x 1 rep :(

Monday

So-so workout today. Still sore from Saturday

grippers

usual warm ups and then I tried slightly different rep scheme

L/H: RB240ip x 1 rep, BBGM x 7 x 1 (2 good, 3 VVN, 2 VN)

R/H: BBE x 1 rep, then CoC 3.5 x 7 x 1 (as above)

thick handled dumbbell work

B/H: baby inch x 3 x 1 rep @

L/H: Inch x 5 x 1 (3 ok, 2 piss poor)

R/H: Heavy Inch x 5 x 1 (2 at best)

pallet drags

7 x 1 laps (150-kilo tyre and pallet)

Wednesday am

2HP at 70mm at GN

Shit workout. It was all over the place as before and the best I managed was 86.1-kilos x 5 x 1 reps - all tough.

1HP at 70mm GN

worked like a bastard using 30 and 31-kilos for a shit load of reps

Bwt 19st 9lbs

Wednesday pm

So Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed off with piss poor workout I had another go at about 5pm

2HP at 44mm

worked to 90-kilos (set up equals 20-kilos dead) x 7 x 1 reps with tape on. Took tape off and missed 1, got the next (real solid). I then popped home for a protein drink and reopened the gym at 6.30pm and while the lads warmed up did another 2 or 3 singles and held them up for time.

Friday

It sucked

Grippers and thick handled dumbbell

Sunday

Viking Press

equ (about 30-kilos) x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 8 reps, then (I thought it was 52.5-kilos) plus 45-kilos x 8 reps, then plus 55-kilos (to make up for cock up) x 4 reps - all reps on all weights strict today

E-Z O' bar curls

bar plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 8 reps, plus 55-kilos (63.5 total approx) x 6 loose'ish reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 31.25-kilos x 6 reps

Tuesday

Great session - complete opposite of Fridays

Grippers

forgot RB 240ip so after warm ups

L/H: BBGM x 5 x 1 reps :D

R/H: BBE 1 x rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 3 x 1 reps :D

V-bar

B/H: 45, 75, 90, 105, 120 and 135-kilos x 1 rep, 145-kilos x 3 rep (was gonna be 142.5-kilos x 5-6 x 1 reps) :D :D, then 150-kilos x 1 rep and just missed 152.5-kilos.

w/roller

60, 90 x 1 rep then jumped to (cos I was feeling it) 130-kilos (PB) x 1 upwards rep only - had to let it slide down but 286lbs is still a PB.

Bwt: 19st 8lbs

I thought so too :D

NB:L W/roller is the GN one (2" and lightly knurled).

Thursday

Warm day today - nice :D

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 4 reps (held back)

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench Press

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps

"then jumped to (cos I was feeling it) 130-kilos (PB) x 1 upwards rep only - had to let it slide down but 286lbs is still a PB."

incredable wrist roller weight :mosher

Ahh the joys of it being wet... no internet, not digi tv and £123.00 spent on a taxi getting home (meter showed £156.00) due to no trains. Still trained but felt iffy for quite a bit of it. Probably due to barely eating during my expensive 6 hours total journey home the day before....

Saturday

Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: GM x VVN, then 3 x 1, VVN x 2 x 1

R/H: BBE x 1, CoC 3.5 x VVN, x 1, BBSE x 1, x VVN x 2 x 1

Dumbbell

B/H: 'Baby' Inch (53-kilos) x 3 x 1 reps

L/H: Inch x 3 x 1 (all very hard), then 70-kilos in plates loaded 2.5-inch handled dumbbell x 1 rep, then (strong) x 2 reps.

R/H: Inch x 3 x 1 reps, then loaded another (we have three) 2.5-inch handled dumbbell with 90-kilo in plates and did 3 x 1 reps total.

Pallet drags - pallet and 150-kilo tire

7 x 1 laps around yard (see feeling iffy)

Monday

A certain air of anticipation with the flooding now having breached the lower end of Gloucester itself (Westgate end of town). I have just come back from Gymnation and houses near the Bristol Road (same side of town as above) are being evacuated as the drains are about to back up. There is a small water 'bowser' in Alfred Street but no one was trying to get water from it as I came back home. I may pop out and buy some tinned goods in case the electricity goes.

2HP @ 70mm @ GN

worked to 90.5-kilos (which is sweet after the last few times) in singles and then did 3 x 1 reps, 1 x 3/4 rep (not quite locked out and felt dizzy) and another which just came off floor.

Bwt 19st 9lbs