Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

How about a picture of those bad boys?

Soon.

Friday

2 hand pinch @ 70mm

working to pick up the 198lb / 90-kilo discs (dropped off by Laine yesterday) which are 68mm thick I trained at Gymnation today using the 2 x 15-kilo discs and 13.6-kilo pin etc etc

Also had a call from BBC Radio Gloucestershire re the strongman event next week and plane pull in September.

43.6-kilos x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 3 reps, 73.6-kilos x 3 reps, 84.85-kilos (set up plus 40-kilos plus 1.25-kilos back loaded) x 3 x 1 reps - hard but doable.

Damn! I have seen some 50kg home made plates, but these look badass. Enjoy the curls my man ;)

Sunday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 545-kilos x 8 reps

Pullover machine

12p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 15-kilos x 8 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 55-kilos x 3 x 3 reps

Bwt

19st 9lbs

Monday

ahh I wasn't gonna train but one of the juniors knocked and so I says 'ok, go get changed I'll do tomorrows tonight' and off we go again.

Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: 240ip x 5 x 1 reps, BBGM x 1 VVN and 4 x N

R/H: BBE x 5 x 1, BBSE 1 VVN and 4 x N

Thick handled dumbbell @ 2.5"

E/H: 80-kilos x 3 x 1

L/H: att at MDB on tilt x 0, back to 95-kilos x 2 x 1, 1 fail and 1 just off floor

R/H: MDB x 3 x 1 reps

And much later after Dunkster missed it and compltely cold I did 1 miss and 1 successful 2HP @ 44mm with 90-kilos. No warm ups etc etc. Just set and lift :D

Thursday

I have a rotten cold / flu (don't guys always say that ha ha) so have the dripping nose and piss poor sleep (sniff, cough etc). Nevertheless:

2 Hand Pinch @ 66mm

equ (24-kilos) x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps,

Then 55-kilos, 57.5-kilos, 60-kilos, 61.25-kilos, 62.5-kilos, 63.75-kilos and 65-kilos (89-kilos total) x 1 rep @

Tried one of the 90-kilos disc - no go. Just felt ummoveable at this stage but I suspect 95-kilos+ at 66mm will enable me to get a rep.

Back to +65-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

Monday

Interesting to see what I could do on 1) different equipment, 2) the day after the Severn Valley comp and three / four) sun burnt and with it so bloody warm still. The cold is more or less gone. Finally I was tidying away most of the equipment as I worked out (the stuff we used in the event yesterday).

Viking Press (see photo to get an idea of what it might weigh etc etc - photo from our strongman event yesterday).

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6167/dscf0811ma1.jpg

equ x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps (push press / leg drive), plus 45-kilos x 6 reps (push press / leg drive)

EZ bar curls - olympic @ 16kg

plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos x 6 reps (last set loose form).

Dips

Bwt (270) x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps

Equipment is my old dip frame which shakes like flabbergastenpoopy :D

Wednesday

Rotten guts today not helped by several bottles of Newcastle Brown with the town crier (post 'Fayre' commitee meeting drink up) et al til midnight. Still a good workout

Grippers

usual warm ups then

L/H: RB240ip x 5 and then BBGM x 5 x 1 attempts (all VVN)

R/H: BBE x 5 x 1 and then BBSE x 5 x 1 all closed

V-Bar

B/H: 45-kilos, 75-kilos, 105-kilos, 120-kilos all times 1 rep then 137.5-kilos x 5 x 1 reps (all solid).

Some slight lat soreness - from lifting those bloody crates mentioned elsewhere.

BBSE x 5 x 1 all closed

real nice! :rock

where's the inch farmers walk now that they are all there ha ha :D:laugh

BBSE x 5 x 1 all closed

real nice! :rock

where's the inch farmers walk now that they are all there ha ha :D:laugh

Still crated and taking up too much room.

What I like about mobster is that he maintains that high level of gripper-strength without training them too often. Great stuff!!

Dale,

I always thought it was about 100k. But of course this depends on the handle. The Inch dumbbell is a longer range of lift than the Rolling Thunder. But with a dumbell you can tilt the dumbell. You might want to try lifting the Inch thumbless if your wrists can handle it. Practice with the bell and this will yield the result.

Hope this helps. Steve is far better with thick handled bells than me so I'm sure he'll offer some useful advide.

David

Forget about hand jamming, it will not work as the bell will just roll. If you are doing it thumbless you need a strong wrist and fingertips.

David

Forget about hand jamming, it will not work as the bell will just roll. If you are doing it thumbless you need a strong wrist and fingertips.

David

Makes sense, thanks David. I wish i could try my inch for real so i could find out about different hand positions rather than talking about it - the bell's sitting at the whey and i have no method of collecting it lol.

Dale,

I always thought it was about 100k. But of course this depends on the handle. The Inch dumbbell is a longer range of lift than the Rolling Thunder. But with a dumbell you can tilt the dumbell. You might want to try lifting the Inch thumbless if your wrists can handle it. Practice with the bell and this will yield the result.

Hope this helps. Steve is far better with thick handled bells than me so I'm sure he'll offer some useful advide.

David

Iv never tried my inch dbell thumbless - I havnt attempted to lift it for months - I may shock myself on the weekend when I try it!

Thanks David

Steve how much roughly would I have to pull on the rolling thunder to be able to lift the inch dbell?

I agree with David. Around 100-kilos

David/Ste, is the inch easier to lift thumbless than a bell with a longer handle because your hand will jam against the bell and stop the rotation (especially if you have big hands, thinking of this magnus s pic: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/strongman3b.jpg )?

Easier? No. Doable with big hands? yes.

Dale,

David

Iv never tried my inch dbell thumbless - I havnt attempted to lift it for months - I may shock myself on the weekend when I try it!

Thanks David

I'd expect you to get it.

Friday

Did some Inch and Blob etc stuff last night for fun.

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 6 reps, 550-kilos x 6 reps (tough)

Pullover machine

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 16.25-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 56.25-kilos (132.5) e/s x 4 x 3 reps

Yes. But I'm gonna let Nick have some so he might put themn on his forum / blog.

Sunday

And fathers day. My daughter had let me know she was coming up wiuth her bloke Lee so I said I'd be in the gym till 12 max. And so I was:

Thick handled d/bell work - all lifts off of floor one handed

B/H: 53-kilos 'baby' Inch x 3 x 1 reps as warm up.

L/H: 78-kilos Inch x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 78-kilos Inch x 3 x 1 reps, then 'heavy' inch (97-kilos) x 1 with three 10-kilos plates under end - tilted, then 2 x 1 reps with 2 x 10-kilos plates titled. All lifts were off floor to waist and dropped onto mat. Also we have taped the diameter and all Heavygriptools dumbbells are another 1/4-inch more than the Millennium

Grippers

Usual warm ups - also realised, as bloody per, I'd done bells etc first - d'uh!

L/H: 240ip x 5 x 1 reps, GM x 1 and x 3 x attempts

R/H: BBE x 5 x 1 and SE x 4 x 1 attempts

Pallet drags

Looped 5-6 foot of rope under the pallet and added a 150-kilo tire and did 2 laps of the yard (for endurance during charity pulls) and then added a 45'ish kilo barrell and did another two laps. I was Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed!!

After training we went out to the Black Lamb in Eastcombe (very nice pub and great view of the Chilterns) and they ran a tab which meant I never had to get my hand in my pocket all day - blinding :D However, we were half away across the car park when they were reminded they hadn't paid yet - oops :blush

Before we had left to go for the meal she'd brought a little 6-inch cake decorated with happy fathers day and we were all squeezed into my kitchen making coffee when the cat found that it liked the icing very much and was licking half of it off - made me laugh :D

Later on we went into town and parked the car up. I'd suggested walking but... anyway they'd be pulling my leg about how rough it was (where they live is very middle class) and I said it suits me and didn't think it was all that bad etc. We came back to the car to find it had been broken into and spent some time with a PCSO and SOCO officer as well as securing it for them to drive the 112 miles back home. It took the edge of what had been a very nice day.

Edited by mobsterone