Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Mentioned to Nick re the TTWC discussion - I will direct him to the discussion.

Saturday

2HP @ 44mm (for a change)

equ x 6 reps, 53-kilos x 3 reps, 73-kilos x 1 rep, 83-kilos x 1 rep, 88-kilos x 1 rep, 93-kilos x 1 rep, 95-kilos x 4 x 1 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep and one half up attempt :D

1 hand lift

needed to work on form as I was pulling and taking a step back and didn't feel the groove at all. I did a ton of work with 255-kilos and also 195-kilos again and again until hands sore, skin spilt in a couple of places and one small flap of skin went. At this point Nick said 'that'll be enough then...'

It felt like my form was better with a shorter chain and a longer range of movement and I needed to 'feel' right over any concerns with weight. As perviously mentioned I have hit 280 left and 300 right and although I felt like going heavier (esp with right hand) form needed the work. It is annoying that I am working on form so close to competition >:(

Mentioned to Nick re the TTWC discussion - I will direct him to the discussion.

It felt like my form was better with a shorter chain and a longer range of movement and I needed to 'feel' right over any concerns with weight.

Steve, in inches or centimeters, what is your preferred height of the handle on the One Hand Lift? David Horne told me it all depends on the individual, but it would seem to me it would be approximately the height at which one grabs the Vertical Bar. Traditional deadlift height would be way too low, and Rolling Thunder height, for me, is too high. Curious what you believe to be the "sweet spot".

Mike

Not actually measured it - I feel what is right rather than use a set distance.

Monday

I'll be close to back to back training for the next few days (listening and feeling my way for tweaks and injuries just in case) and then resting up before the competition.

Seated machine press

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plsu 30-kilos x 8 reps

machine cable curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 16.25-kilos x 8 reps

dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos (too much) x 0 reps

tricep pushdown / then pressdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps, (pressdown style) plus 50-kilos x 15 reps

I have only tested myself once in the last few months and that was with 99.3 at the Peter Horne memorial event. I have otherwise stayed on plan. It was also with a thinner set up (44mm as opposed to 49) so i have nothing to lose if I hard failed. I would like to get 103 (same as Chad's 227lbs).

Another day nearer so another training session...

Tuesday (lunch time 'ish)

V-bar

B/H: 60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135 and 150-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H: ****-kilos x 2 out of 3 attempts and they were both touch n go.

R/H: ****-kilos x 3 of 4 attempts and ditto as above

It's been one half kilo at a time.

Yeah, but steadyly for months, I guess you added about 10kg to your 2HP the last 12 month.

On paper it would seem that way. If the records lists are looked at it seems I've added 13+ kilos or thereabouts. But I could have done 90 or thereabouts in last years British but held back so as to save myself for a points win (I did exactly one half kilo more than Dean Bolt for points). In reality I think, without checking, I've added 6-7 kilos.

Everyone knows I'm fairly confident but even so I always felt 100-kilos was possible. Whether I think 109 or even 115-kilos is within me is another matter. My target is to get my name in the top 10. With my 99.3 not being listed I have a big jump up the list to make win, lose or draw in 11 days time. Currently I plan on doing 95-kilos 'ish for my second safe attempt.

Tuesday pm

The back to back stuff after what must be around 16 weeks or more was just too much tonight (resting planned for tomorrow anyway). Grippers sucked. The hands are still sore (do grippers BEFORE V-BAR NEXT TIME) with the patch of skin missing on the right palm and all the skin looking iffy anyway.

Grippers

usual warm up

L/H: 240ip x 5 x 1 reps - tried GM not even close

R/H: BBE x 5 x 1 reps - tried SE and got to 1/8" but that was it.

Regardless I know I am close to over training (maybe in there) but that's ok because Monday or Tuesday next week is it. The body over compensates and by Saturday next week I'll be a rabid dog :angry:

Yes. It's the hardest before his calibrated 4. At the LGC they have a 3.8 or 3.85

Yes. It's the hardest before his calibrated 4. At the LGC they have a 3.8 or 3.85

Thanks mate.

Mob, i've got a few final questions about the 19th

1. Where do i find a copy of the rules for each event so i can familiarise myself before hand?

2. Is Gloucester trian station the nearest station to the whey hq where the comp is being held?

3. Can you PM/post the address of the whey hq!

1. Rules in contest section - always been there. But bumped.

2. yes

3. As per our website but also in contest section.

Thursday

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, 53-kilos x 3 reps, 73-kilos, 83, 88, 93 all x 1 rep, 95.5-kilos x 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1 rep (5 singles total). First one was soooo easy. Last one bone deep ache.

RT

Not worth mentioning - thumb was shot from 2HP

BWT: 275.8lbs

Cheers Sam - loads of hard work.

Three more sessions...

Friday

Leg press

0 kilos x 12 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 545-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 52.5-kilos e/s x 4 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 71.25-kilos (162.5) x 0 reps

1 arm db row

50-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps

(tried wide grip chins but was getting pain in shoulder joints)

Bwt 19st 12.5 lbs

Saturday

a tough day but just two left.

Grippers

Could not find the Elite so went straight to BBSE on the right

DB w/curls

B/H: 30-kilos x 6 reps, 35-kilos x 6 reps

Did more but nothing to give away ;)

Saturday

a tough day but just two left.

Grippers

Could not find the Elite so went straight to BBSE on the right

DB w/curls

B/H: 30-kilos x 6 reps, 35-kilos x 6 reps

Did more but nothing to give away ;)

Good luck in the competition.

Sunday pm

Last 2HP session so wanted it to go well. Felt better than the work this morning (noted elsewhere. It was a shoulders and arms session and only the press was worth mentioning) and more determined. That said a couple of reps made me feel giddy - so close to over training it's unreal.

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, 53-kilos x 3 reps, 73-kilos x 1 rep, 83-kilos x 1 rep, 88-kilos x 1 rep, 93-kilos x 1 rep, 96-kilos x 1 rep, x 1 rep, x 0 reps, x 0 reps. I got a small tear in the skin of my thumb webbing on the right hand at this point . So I used a square of tissue to patch it and then carried on: x 1 rep (dizzy here), x 1 rep (very solid and held it for a 2 count), x 0 rep (dizzy here as well) - got a new piece of tissue and did the last attempt - x 1 rep (5th single of 8 attempts) which I also felt very solid with and held for a 2 count.