usual warm ups

L/H: 240ip x 7 x 1 reps, BBGM x 7 x 1 VVN reps

R/H: BBE x 7 x 1 reps, BBSE x 7 x 1 VVN reps

Dumbbell wrist curls

B/H: 30-kilos x 6 reps, 35-kilos x 3 reps

L/H: 40-kilos x 3 reps, 45-kilos x 0, 42.5-kilos x 3 reps, x 2 + 0 reps

R/H: 45-kilos x 3 reps, 50-kilos x 2 + 0 reps

Tuesday pm

I had it in mind that I would need to give something special on the 1 hand lifts Thursday so decided to have a go at 2HP tonight. Didn't work that way. I woked up to 94-kilos and nowt happened. So a quick change of tack and I did some one hand lifts instead.

1HL

80, 120, 160 and 200-kilos x 1 rep each hand (weights do not include bar, clips and handle of about 15-kilos).

L/H: 230-kilos (245 total) x 2 x 1 reps. Second rep did not hit required height but was hard work.

R/H: 250-kilos (265 total) x 1 and 1 no can do rep - didn't even budge.

It will take some getting used to using the new bar and there is now just 38 days to go. Right now my hand does not touch my body in any way and it's more of a pull rather than what can seem to be a one hand hip and thigh lift that many use.

Final thought - not too worried as I DID train earlier and so no need to fret too much.

Thursday am

Trained at unit only today. Back spasmed last night and was as stiff as all hell this morning. So another nice hot bath and a little stretching before feeling my way to some decent weight on the pinch was the plan - seemed to work.

2HP @ 49mm

equ x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74, 84 and 89-kilos x 1 rep each. 91-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, 92-kilos x 2 x 1 reps (first was touch and go second better), 93-kilos x 5 x 1 and 2 missed reps (had it in my mind that the 5th was the one to help me win).

I was also 'playing' with the stones and pallet drags yesterday (for 'fun') and need to cut out ALL fluff. By fluff I mean anything which will impinge on my potential progress for the event in 37 days time. Mind you I said the same to Theo - night club and late night king... :trout

mobster, just out of curiosity, have you ever squatted? Any type of squats? If so, what was the most weight you used?

And no, knowing this will not help me in any way, nor will it reveal your current leg strength... or anything for that matter. I'm just curious about that. Really liked your leg press pic, and the tricep pressdown too.

Thursday pm

Rolling Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos plus pin, x 6 reps, 60-kilos x 4 reps, 75-kilos x 4 reps then as below

L/H: 95-kilos (90 plus handle etc) which i think is a L/H PB x 4 x 1 and then could not do another rep.

R/H: 100-kilos (95 plus heavy pin etc) x 4 x 1, dropped to 90-kilos and 4 x 1 (2 good, 1 barely and 1 missed rep) and 4 x 1 (two touch and go and two missed)

Oh and no chalk for max weight sets - nice

Edited by mobsterone

Saturday

Seated press machine

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilo plate x 8 reps

Cable machine curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 15-kilos x 6 reps

Dips

Bwt x 8 reps, bwt plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, bwt plus 35-kilos x 8 reps (Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing hard work)

Tricep PUSHdown (not pressdown - see note)

stack x 8 reps, stack plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, stack plus 50-kilos x 2 x 8 reps**

** would have been pressdown but Carol came out and gave me an ear bashing for 'trying to wreck the machine' which put me right off my stroke. Afterwards I went and spoke to her. I showed her which machine has the temporary cable (not one I use), that 5-6mm wire rope has safe working load of 260+ kilos, that they were where they go over the pulley and that the weakest point is the cable clips, each of which are rated at 50-kilos and the machine had 2.

Bwt 19st 11lbs :D

The rest of the afternoon was helping out at the competition we held today - great stuff. Then we had a couple of beers :D

Monday

Not quite where I want to be today. Still ok though.

V-bar

Grippers

usual warm ups

Bwt 19st 9lbs (was 19st 13lb saturday but felt bloated so took it easy over weekend).

I have been 281 (20st 1) and of course I've seen you at 21st when you attempted the Millennium a few years back and were competing in a strongman event. So it's big Chris ;)

Wednesday am

Hard workout. The muscles in my forearms felt tight before starting (probably anticipation) and 84-kilos and up was hard but doable.

On another matter (oh joy) I attended a Barton Farye commitee meeting yesterday. I had so missed attending commitee meetings (yeah right). But needs must if it helps get things moving.

2HP @ 49mm

... wouldn't you like to know ha ha :D

I tried some RT work but it was not happening so will go again later.

BWT on unit scales: 275lbs (274.6)

Wednesday pm

Went back to unit at 6pm and did some RT work - much better.

R/Thunder (weights do not inc pin etc - see note at bottom)

B/H: 45-kilos x 6 reps, 60-kilos and 75-kilos x 1 rep each

L/H: 85-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 95-kilos, 96.25-kilos, 97.5-kilos, 98.75-kilos all x 1 rep. 100-kilos x 3 x 1 and 1 missed rep

I then went back to some more increasing singles with the left and did the following:

L/H: 85-kilos x 1 rep, 86.25-kilos x 1 rep, 87.5-kilos x 1 rep and 88.75-kilos x 1 rep. Tried 90-kilos but it was done and dusted.

I reweighed the pin, handle and carabina and it came in at 11.6lbs or 5.25-kilos. So my best left hand today was 94-kilos x 1 rep and my best right was 105.25-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

PS: I probably ought to drop the RT and keep on rolling for the British but wanna give Laine a ride on the RT if I have the strength at the end of the day.

As good as today was (my pinch numbers are well up) I'm aiming to get back to the 120-kilos+ I did back when (one session in Manchester of which there is a photo has me pulling 122.5-kilos in plates alone) I was at my best.

Had a shit load of orders yesterday so spent quite a bit of time packing them and answering the phone. After I went to Alfs and we ended up benching on his Powertec machine. Ultimately I ended up pushing 210-kilos (464lbs) for a single and was banging out reps with 140-kil0s (8) quite easily.

Of course I now wanna know what this meant I was actually pushing. The flip side, due to lack of choice as to where you push from, was pain in the shoulders once I started with 180+. Plus I wasnt able to put my feet on the floor or push back so used the machine and had my feet up half the time.

Wednesday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps (all bottom), 240-kilos x 8 reps (ditto - although right need slight twinge), 535-kilos x 8 reps (PB on this machine).

Low row (pullover broken)

felt strange. Top 4 plates are 5-kilos and the rest 10-kilos so...

7 plates x 8 reps (50-kilos), 12 plates (100-kilos) x 8 reps, 15 plates (too much) x 7 hard reps (130-kilos)

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps (60), 50-kilos a side x 4 x 4 reps (120), 55-kilos a side x 1 rep (130), 65-kilos a side x 1 rep (150) Upper back felt tight after so didn't go any heavier. I haven't down any max out singles for ages and although form was ok and weight went up it was hard work on the body.

Saturday

I wanted to see where I am at re the TTWC and so did some TTWC work with Nick (he also reffed).

Table Top Wrist Curl

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 5 reps, 120, 140 and 160-kilos x 1 rep. Did more but don't want to say how much more.... ;)

Only one real problem, other than massive weights in hand, my hands are too thick to get under the bar even when it was resting on the 2" blocks. So the guys needed to lift it onto my hands before I did the rep. I also did the first max weight single after a 10-second pause - I wanted to see if I could be 'comfortable' (ha ha) with the weight - I was.

Edited by mobsterone

Tuesday

Started late in case Nick came by in time and I'd said I'd train with him. No sign so I cracked on. Hard work today. All reps with decent weight a struggle.

2HP @ 49mm

equ x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74, 84, 89 and 91-kilos x 1 reps @, &&-kilos x 4 x 1, two more came off floor but not high enough and 1 more was a complete no go. That said && x 4 x 1 is still a PB.

1 hand lift

B/H: 165-kilos x 1 rep, 205-kilos x 1 rep, (needed 2 attempts with left hand and 1 with right), 235-kilos x 1 rep, 265-kilos x 1 rep (both lower than I liked) and ***-kilos was no go. Annoying to say the least as I did more last time. I want *** left and *** right.

Not noted before but I came back the same day and did another session on 1 hand lifts - hence the comments below about back and other bodyparts being stiff and sore.

Thursday

back very tight - 2 sessions on one hand lift on Tuesday probably to blame for that and not much walking yesterday - will try and stay active today. That said I've seen the volume work done by Liz Horne with 140-kilos... on another level. She'll be fried today.

Seated machine press

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 26.25-kilos x 8 reps

Cable curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 16.25-kilos x 6 reps - hard due to back stiffness (osteo @ 11am tomorrow)

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 37.5-kilos x 6 reps (Louis watching and easiert than before)

Overhead rope handle tricep extenstion and then tricep pressdown

70lbs x 8 reps, 100lbs x 8 reps then switched to tpd stack x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, stack plus 40-kilos (25 + 15) x 8 reps

Haroon and Rich pulled my leg about cables again so I showed them a chart on the net where 4mm and 5mm cable have 300kg and 400kg SWL. A tad more than I was using. :angry:

Dips are freeweight / bodyweight. With cable curls I cheat less and machine press I addresses some time ago (injury).

Saturday

V-Bar

60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135 and 150-kilos all x 1 rep each hand. ***-kilos x 3 x 1 reps each hand

Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: 240ip x 5 x 1 reps, BBGM x 7 x 1 reps (all VN)

R/H: BBE x 5 x 1 reps, BBSE x 7 x 1 reps (all VVN bar two which were all the way).

Monday

Back still making me feel like an old man - pisses me off no end. But o9nce warmed up and in 'da groove' I was ok.

2HP @ 49mm

equ x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74, 84, 89 and 94-kilos x 1 rep each. $$$-kilos x 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1 rep (started holding at top for a 1-2 second pause)

R/Thunder (hvy pin etc weighs 12lbs)

45-kilos x 6 reps @, 60-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H: 90-kilos x 0 (a little too much), dropped to 87.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (scale weight total 204lbs)

R/H: 97.5-kilos x 1, 1/2, 1/2 so stopped - thumb strength gone (scale weight approx 226lbs).