Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Monday pm

I realised with myself being away Wednesday that I would need to train tomorrow and thought I'd pop over and say hi to the guys at the unit. About 30 minutes before I decided I'd train grippers and do the TTWC tomorrow. So I went to the gym... and I had the session from heaven :D

Grippers

Usual warm up then:

L/H: RB260 x 1a, BBGM x 1a and then 4 x 1 singles and 1 touch and go - sweet

R/H: BBSE x 6 x 1 reps (yes I can barely believe it either).

Stones (for fun)

110-kilos lapped, 120 new stone lapped and then my best ever 170-kilo stone lapped :D

Millennium dumbbell

TT has the reband rubber bands (I think that's what they are called) and suggested we have a crack with two bands and I was able to pull the Millennium 3 times or so to waist height with the bands. Then, amazingly I felt 'on' and decided to 'just have a go' (baring in mind I told everyone 'it takes me 12 weeks to train for it') and ended up doing 5 right hand pulls including one amazing 10 second hold which got me some cheers from the lads. I missed one attempt and then managed another (5th) at the end with a 4 second hold while TT videoed it on his phone.

What a session!!

Awesome job Steve. That's a full deadlift right?

Close.

I'll have to get down for a few sessions, specially on some of the strongman stuff.

David

Sure - Saturday afternoons is event day.

Great lifting Mob!

Cheers.

That sounds like a very good session! And some PRs too!

Well done mobby! Well done! Now go out to liquid&diva and celebrate :tongue

It's my daughters 18th tomorrow so I may have a Guiness and some decent food.

Tuesday am

Couldn't expect a third session of the kind I had with the last 2 and so...

TTWC

60-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 142.5-kilos x 1 rep (2-3 last time).

Plate w/curls

Not that heavy but I'd not done them before.

Dumbbell w/curl

worked to 35-kilos each hand (one at a time) and full range unlike TTWC and did 8 reps each.

Edited by mobsterone

Wednesday am and pm

What a plonker I am. Honestly. There I was up at the bloody crack of dawn and half dead (I don't like 'early') and it's freezing at the local station. Muttering away with trains 30 minutes late and being cancelled and so I endt a text to my daughter say I'm delayed and will be later than I'd hope. She sends one back saying 'your not supposed to be coming until tomorrow...' FFS I had it in my head that it was the 8th today!! But it's not. I called her and she's laughing like a drain - it was bloody freezing 'n' all. My brain aches... :(

So back home and I jump in my warm bed. I'd had a call from the place I was meant to do a show at last week but I get another at lunch time asking me if I'm gonna make it...?? WTF I had arranged to go last week on the 28th and cancelled when my back was stiff. We had spoken at the time about my doing a party on the 7th but had gone no further with that. Another girl rings me and I start laughing and saying 'what a Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing day' etc. Long story short I'm booked to have another go on the 28th of THIS month. I'm also up at the crack etc tomorrow.

Friday

Just so's you know - British rail is a pile of shit. A 112 or so mile journey cross country (or it would be if they went cross country but they don't) took me 4 and half maybe 4 and 3/4 hours yesterday. Train from Berkhamstead no problem, cancelled train at Milton Keynes, missed train at Birmingham New Street, late train to Cheltenham Spa and indoors and putting the bins out at almost 11pm when I had set off back at 6! Grrrrrrr :( I was locking up tight with the tension and in danger of getting a permanent scowl I was frowning so much. That said the actual day away was nice - my daughters 18th. Nice meal etc.

I also had some serious bloody stock issues today with suppliers which involved me holding myself back from getting (as we Londoners say) 'right off my horse' (very angry).

But training, possibly because I was annoyed, was very good and when I come home the tax man had sent me a letter for 2005-2006 saying I owed him nothing - sweet!! (although it also said the due date had passed - idiots).

One hand lift (used other pin and trained at Gymnation)

worked up in weights using 25-kilo discs first and then 20's to:

L/H: 210-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (used rack upright to support other hand and get height)

R/H: 275-kilos x 1 attempt (barely came off floor but I felt 265-270 was possible)

2HP @ 54mm at unit

Great pinch day

equ x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74, 84-kilos x 1 rep then 90.25-kilos x 12 x 1 reps - could have carried on but stopped - I might do some RT work tomorrow for 19th April to give Laine a kick.

Bwt 19st 7lbs

Friday pm

Decided late in day to give RT a go rather than wait until Sunday session. Pinch may have taken the edge off but was ok.

R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 6 reps, 60-kilos x 4 reps

L/H: 75-kilos x 3 x 4 reps

R/H: 80-kilos x 4 x 4 reps

Good work, Mob. If it's any consolation British Rail have been the cause of some of my best workouts too.

It would be interesting to see how you get on against Laine. David too, if he has been training RT - after all, he wasn't bad at the lift a few years ago. :tongue

I doubt if I'll trouble him too much but if I can get it to 220-230lbs it'll be ok. I'm more focused on getting a 100-kilo 2HP and then just having fun.

Sunday

Should have lightened the load as I hadn't done shoulders and arms for 20 or so days and it was hard going.

Seated machine press

10p 3/w x 8 reps, 13p 3/w x 6 reps

Machine Cable Curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 11.25-kilos x 4 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10 kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 2 (too much)

Tricep Pressdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 6 reps

2 x 6-inch nails

Bwt 19st 8lbs

Tuesday

Clue / hint: do not train till skin tears then try and go all out on grippers. Doesn't work ;)

V-Bar

B/H: 60-kilos, 75-kilos, 90-kilos, 105-kilos and 120-kilos x 1 rep. Jumped to 150-kilos and got a solid right hand pull and a touch and go left hand.

Dropped back to 135-kilos and did 1 rep then:

L/H: 140-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 145-kilos x 2-3 x 1 reps, 150-kilos x 2*-3 x 1 reps

R/H: 145-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 150-kilos x 2-3 x 1 reps, 155-kilos x 2*-3 x 1 reps

*Stopped when skin started to tear and used tissue for another single or two. Note all reps on LGC bar.

Grippers

Usual warm up then

L/H: BBGM x 3 x 1 VN reps**

R/H: BBSE x 3 x 1 VN reps**

** could have been better but hands were taped up and shot from V-Bar

On another topic we may be pulling a train for charity this summer - how cool would that be??!

Cut off flaps of skin then trained.

Thursday

Started off wasting bloody time re the above so arrived late and without a loading pin even though I'd gone to the unit to get one d'uh! So I used the Nytram pulley machine (bottom pulley) and attached the RT handle to that.

R/Thunder @ GN

B/H: Stack (15p @ 5-kilos each less 2/3 due to double pulley arrangement so approx 50-kilos) x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos (65) x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos (90??) x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos (100??) x 12 reps. Felt good and worked thumb hard.

Spoke to Imran about buss pull then went to our unit gym and did 2HP

2HP @ WCHQ

equ (49mm and 24-kilos) x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74 and 84-kilos x 1 rep, 89-kilos x 1 rep. Struggled when I went to 91-kilos as planned so dropped back to 89-kilos and did another single then 90, then 90.5-kilos then 91-kilos x 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (6 attempts 1 missed rep)

Saturday

Just back and absolutely shagged out - but in a good way. This and maybe the one hand lift session is a ball breaker which can leave me wanting a lay down after and I was ready to do more weight on a couple of moves as well. Anyway...

Leg Press

foot plate / sled only x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 520-kilos x 8 reps (felt good for another 20-kilos)

Pullover machine

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos (just cos I felt like it) x 6 reps (May pin 2 x 15-kilos to it next time for 6 reps)

CG bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 42.5-kilos a side x 8 reps, x 6 reps, x 4 reps plus 1 rep, plus 1 rep. Hard work and sweating like a horse but nicely pumped.

Excellent lifting Steve.

With you and Laine lifting the Millenium bell with such ease , youv'e really taken it to the next level.

Looking forward to meeting you and David again and all the other members .I also want some bending tips of Elizabeth (what a strong person she is !!)

Monday

Grippers

could have been better

L/H: to BBGM x 5 x 1 attempts

R/H: to BBSE x 5 x 1 attempts

DB Wrist Curl

B/H: 20kg@ x 8 reps, 30kg@ x 8 reps, 35kg@ x 8 reps, 37.5kg@ x 8 reps

L/H: to 40kg@ x 6 reps

R/H:42.5kg@ x 5 reps

Bwt 19st 9.5lbs (checked 2x and bizarre as I ate badly yesterday - away on a business meeting).

Wednesday

Quite a session. First half at GN and second at unit

One hand lift @ GN

100-kilos x 1 rep, then 140, 160 and 180-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 215-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 240-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, plus 2 x attempts at 260-kilos.

NB: weights do not include heavy pin

2HP (49) @ unit

equ x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74, 84, 86.5 and 89-kilos x 1 rep each. The 91-kilos x 20 x 1 reps (had intended doing at least 6 singles but didn't wanna stop).

Steve, will the OHL used at the British use a loading pin (like rolling thunder) or a bar with a chain attached (like Dave's set up)?

Bar&chain

Steve, will the OHL used at the British use a loading pin (like rolling thunder) or a bar with a chain attached (like Dave's set up)?

As per what I showed the guys on the other thread and what was in our unit when you guys come down. I take a pin, carabinas and handle to the other gym as the big bar is too heavy etc to carry.

Friday

Not too bad at all. Also my free Muscular Development shirt and 500 page issue of MD arrived today - sweet

Machine press

10p x 8 reps, stack (18) x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 6 reps

Machine cable curls (nytram)

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 11.75-kilos x 7 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilo d/b x 6-7 reps

Tricep Pushdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 8 reps

bwt 19st 8.5lbs

They joked about cables wearing out etc. Truth is the machines with the double pulley arrangement (three wheels in total) mean that the actual 'on your hands' weight can easily be 2/3's or less than the number on the stack. We have two crossover pulley type machines. One is made by Nytam and each stack consists of 15 x 5-kilo plates (about 75-kilos). The other has stacks marked out as weighing 105lbs in total. There is also a single stack machine, quite old, made by Peak and with two wheels only - both at the top. It's marked as weighing 68-kilos max and I cannot do a rep with the weight. At least not after dips when I weigh (as of today) 275lbs and with an additional 77lbs hanging off my waist from a belt. While there may well be an issue of friction and functional differences between the machine there is no way on earth when I add 40-kilos to what ought to be a 75-kilo stack that I'm actually doing tricep pressdowns with 115-kilos. That's 250+ and while I can find it difficult keeping my feet on the floor I have never pressed that much and don't bench press much more for reps.

That said if all the above is true then I'm not sure what that says about the guys using 30-kilos etc etc. Is it that they allow themselves to see a marked weight and let it, for want of a better phrase, 'mind flabbergastenpoopy' them? Yes I am a big strong guy but when they are doing 1/3 of a stack which I effectively double by adding weights to it would seem I am 6x as strong as the average gym user - and I'm not.

Your training is going along well Steve. I must say I quite like MD as a mag, and 500 pages for 3 less than three and a half quid is decent value in my book.

You subscribe direct from US or through the UK? Or are you getting free copies you blighter? :laugh

I did subscribe direct but it took too damn long. More recently I was buying from Discount Supplements but todays was free :D