Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Thursday pm

I was a little annoyed at the bench workout so gave it another go.

CG bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 35-kilos a side x 6 reps, then 40-kilos a side x 3 x 6 reps. All ok but my left front delt hurts like a bitch.

Friday

I started at 8.50pm and finished at 9.45pm - so late for me. I dunno if the later starts are better for me but the last great v-bar session and some of the better pinch sessions were later in the day.

V-Bar

Theo - check my other log - you in trouble ;)

*= on counting the damn plates on the right hand pin I saw I had done at least 5 or 10-kilos less (pissed me off so didn't double check). However, the bar weighs 8lbs or 3.63-kilos against the lighter official bar. In the session record none of the weights listed include the weight of either pin. I think the official bar is 3.5lbs or 1.6-kilos. So the difference between left and right hand pulls is 2-kilos less the 5-kilo flabbergastenpoopy up or between 1 and 6-kilos. I can live with that.

Nice session there, but if i understand correct, you are slightly under the weight you thought you had?

Anyway, nice job! You must have some thick skin now through sticking with heavy weights for a dozen of singles!

But, then again, thanks for putting more oil on the fire, because i have my last session tomorrow.

Plan on doing a 175-180 right, and 160-165 left. Hand in the right position. :D

If i have to warm up for an hour again, i won't though :upsidedwn

It was definitely a lighting of the oil session. Re the 'light weights' - right hand only. I'm doing 2HP and 1HDL tomorrow. I may train again on Sunday and then 2x on Monday if I feel ok. Then that's it till our meeting.

As for thicker skin - no mores the pity. I had two bits of zinc tape on the left hand and one on the right although that came off towards the end. Both hands feel real sore right now but aren't as badly ripped etc as they have been. I'm glad I did v-bar tonight as my skin will recover between now and next Saturday. I have a paid demo I'm doing on the 28th (at a drug rehab / drug intervention unit @ £45.00 for 90 minutes) and possibly another on the 4th (£30.00 for an hour / kids birthday) - hence the practising of the book tearing. What I might do, with the week between our event, the demo and the party is not revert to full competition training until the 11th of March. Anything over 4-6 singles with much over 300+ lbs and it's at last skin soreness you're gonna get.

Heavy 2HP also tears the skin a little around the base of the thumbs. Given that 2HP takes away something from my gripper work I may make that the last session I do before the event.

Yes, that is something i noticed too. The 2HP is taking away a bit from grippers. And this time grippers will even be after all these events. Have you ever had a gripper session after RT work? Kills it!

Anyway, i am striving to get as much personal bests as i can next week!

2morrow is v-bar, maybe a bit grippers, reverse bending.

Maybe a light session on sunday with 2hp again, but really light as in 70-75 for triples. Monday maybe another small gripper session and that will be it.

As far as skin tearing, i never ever had any tears or whatsoever. The only thing hurting a bit is the thick callouses at the knuckle of my middle finger. But i file or cut it off as much as i can. And ofcourse the oil/plastic bag/ hot water dampin- combo i use when i sleep :D

Edited by DuTCH

I'm sure this covered elsewhere, but has it been decided if any World Record weights lifted in this challenge will count as a World Record? Looks like someone could be taking the V bar record if that's the case :).

Good question, but no, Mikael has decided that world records can't be made in events such as these.. That being said, both steve and i have an upcoming event in two months where they will be noted if made.

Edit: for good measurement, i have notified Mikael to see what is possible. Waiting his reply.

Edited by DuTCH

I'm sure this covered elsewhere, but has it been decided if any World Record weights lifted in this challenge will count as a World Record? Looks like someone could be taking the V bar record if that's the case :).

Like the Dutch has said Mikeal has already announced that the reply is no. But again as per the Dutch we can consider this as a warm-up for the main events in the not too distant future.

Saturday

Back to back training as before with the last session either Monday night or first thing Tuesday morning

One hand deadlift

2HP

Sunday

woken up at 4am by some scrubber :angry: back to sleep at 6am and up again at 8.15am Rushed around to get out of the house and to Gymnation for TTWC

TTWC

Monday am

One more pm session to go - well there is now - see log

Seated Mch Press

10p x 8/8/8 and 13p x 8/8/8

R/Thunder

and then loaded it to XXX-kilos and planned on pulling singles to max to see where I was at when the flange came off! So now it's the PM session and other loading pin.

Cable machine curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 10-kilos x 8 reps

Dips

bwt (19st 5lb) x 8 reps, plus 10-kilo d/bell x 8 reps, plus 35-kilo d/bell x 6 reps (v hard)

Tricep pressdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 7 reps

Monday pm

Last session before challenge match

R/Thunder

Weights do not include pin and handle etc which I weighed twice at 12lbs (usual lighter pin broke this morning)

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday

Started back to training today. I really wish I had gone to the gym and done some stretching, walking etc prior to and post event because I have been in bed for most of the last three days - stiff as a board. The old back injury was back and it was painful just to turn over. To go, as I did, from all out competition training to zero (four days rest per event and 3 days rest post) meant my body was used to a high level of activity. Then I did nada. So it punished me by locking up tight. Yet I went to Gymnation and worked to 150-kilos per hand on the LGC V-Bar and up to a good levbel on the grippers. I was unable yesterday to even think of doing the paid for display (the money would have been nice) and wont be helping out on Sunday as I said I would. Onwards:

V-Bar (LGC - now getting seasoned with chalk and Gregs blood :o )

B/H: Started out with just 15-kilos 3 x 1 reps, the 1 rep each with 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120 and 135-kilos. I did a solid single right hand with 150-kilos and then a touch and go single left hand (it was slipping).

Grippers

Usual warmup - except I cannot find my CoC 1 so started with an HG200 then

L/H: RB240ip x 8 x 1 reps

R/H: BBE x 8 x 1 reps

If it helps any, i was pretty stiff too! Especially in the trap area and upper back.

I normally am post competition but had no muscle soreness at all. I think it was literally a lack of activity.

I need to double check the training programme I'm set to use to make sure it does its job over the next 77 days. I also was mind Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed today and left Gymnation and the 70mm 2HP set up to train a little better at the unit.

Saturday

I'll not bother writing up the little training at GN - it was shit (see above). So its Whey Consortium Unit training only

2HP @ 44mm and 49mm

One hand lift

Monday

What a day! The session in the gym took exactly one hour which suprised the hell out of me and I was kicking it. Come home and we've done very well today (cheers one and all). I also collected my little lotto win which is always nice and we have a bunch of stock coming to fill up the shelves in the next few days. I'll need to training again tomorrow as I'll be at my daughter all day for her 18th (makes me feel old) and it'll be a long day.

I felt I could do a rep or two more than I did...

Leg Press

I was a little worried having had the iffy back and about 2 weeks away but was on fire today and so Plate x 12 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps deep, 240-kilos x 12 reps deep and 515-kilos x 6 reps to usual depth

Pullover machine

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 17.5-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 2 x 6reps and 1 x 8 reps (felt good).

Bwt with less clothing on than usual 19st 6lbs

Monday pm

I realised with myself being away Wednesday that I would need to train tomorrow and thought I'd pop over and say hi to the guys at the unit. About 30 minutes before I decided I'd train grippers and do the TTWC tomorrow. So I went to the gym... and I had the session from heaven :D

Grippers

Usual warm up then:

L/H: RB260 x 1a, BBGM x 1a and then 4 x 1 singles and 1 touch and go - sweet

R/H: BBSE x 6 x 1 reps (yes I can barely believe it either).

Stones (for fun)

110-kilos lapped, 120 new stone lapped and then my best ever 170-kilo stone lapped :D

Millennium dumbbell

TT has the reband rubber bands (I think that's what they are called) and suggested we have a crack with two bands and I was able to pull the Millennium 3 times or so to waist height with the bands. Then, amazingly I felt 'on' and decided to 'just have a go' (baring in mind I told everyone 'it takes me 12 weeks to train for it') and ended up doing 5 right hand pulls including one amazing 10 second hold which got me some cheers from the lads. I missed one attempt and then managed another (5th) at the end with a 4 second hold while TT videoed it on his phone.

What a session!!

Cheers. When I have these sessions I milk them for all they are worth.

Monday pm

I realised with myself being away Wednesday that I would need to train tomorrow and thought I'd pop over and say hi to the guys at the unit. About 30 minutes before I decided I'd train grippers and do the TTWC tomorrow. So I went to the gym... and I had the session from heaven :D

Grippers

Usual warm up then:

L/H: RB260 x 1a, BBGM x 1a and then 4 x 1 singles and 1 touch and go - sweet

R/H: BBSE x 6 x 1 reps (yes I can barely believe it either).

Stones (for fun)

110-kilos lapped, 120 new stone lapped and then my best ever 170-kilo stone lapped :D

Millennium dumbbell

TT has the reband rubber bands (I think that's what they are called) and suggested we have a crack with two bands and I was able to pull the Millennium 3 times or so to waist height with the bands. Then, amazingly I felt 'on' and decided to 'just have a go' (baring in mind I told everyone 'it takes me 12 weeks to train for it') and ended up doing 5 right hand pulls including one amazing 10 second hold which got me some cheers from the lads. I missed one attempt and then managed another (5th) at the end with a 4 second hold while TT videoed it on his phone.

What a session!!

Awesome job Steve. That's a full deadlift right?

I'll have to get down for a few sessions, specially on some of the strongman stuff.

David