Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

So first time out, as per the other thread I am hooked.

I wont bother with the feel it out am session but this afternoon I did W/Roller work with (I have a 3" FB W/R set at about 4 feet from the ground):

20 kilos / 44lbs x 3 x 1 (each rep is one up and 1 down),

30 kilos / 66lbs x 3 x 1

35 kilos / 77lbs x 3 x 1.

My immediate target is 45 kilos / 100 lbs x 3 x 1.

I do get some strange clicking in my thumbs on lowering the weight but, thus far, no pain. I also get the feeling of a nice pump and may, when it doesn't affect other training, drop some weight and go for pump.

• Like 3

My thumbs aches like a bitch! Ouch.

Anyway tonights (thursday) session

Thick handled dumbbell deadlift to the knee (tilted)

100 kilos x 3 x 1 rep (ain't done these for ages and felt a slight tiwnge near the elbow).

Rolling Thunder (turn away now Syber - I'm sooo good)

60 kilos each hand x 1 x 3, 80 kilos each hand x 1 x 3

Left hand: 96.25 kilos (220 lbs total) x 3 x 1 and

Right hand: 103.75 kilos (236 lbs)x 3 x 1.

NB: mine is an old handle and new ones are a bitch.

3" Wrist Roller

20 kilos / 44 lbs x 3 x 1 rep, 36.25 kilos / 80 lbs x 3 x 1 (tough) reps and then 25 kilos / 55 lbs for 2 minutes pronation and flexation.

2.5 inchThick handled dumbbell deadlift to the knee (tilted)

105 kilos x 3 x 1 rep

Rolling Thunder

60 kilos each hand x 1 x 3, 80 kilos each hand x 1 x 3

Left hand: 97.5 kilos x 3 x 1 and

Right hand: 107.5 kilos x 3 x 1.

3" Wrist Roller

20 kilos / 44 lbs x 3 x 1 rep, 40 kilos / 88 lbs x 3 x 1 ( damn tough) reps and then 27.5 kilos x 3 x 1 rep

My forearms were pumped for an hour and the thumbs were blasted after the 40 kilo work on the W/R.

Mobsterone,

What are you overall goals for doing thick wrist rollers? I have a 2,3/8" wrist roller that I made and I use it in the technique that places the roller stationary (with a bar through the center) at eye level for me just under 6'. I roll all the way up and then down continuing the same direction to raise the weight again. (did that make sense? Anyway I havew only done this a few times as I am doing KTA right now. The weight is only 25lbs and I do 4 reps. I look forward to reading your log and look for tips in this from the "thick bar daddy".

-SMP

My goal? To Kick Josh's ass on the Wrist Rollers. It's gonna take me a year though. Right now I want 100lbs x 3 x 1 by xmas.

• Like 1

My goal? To Kick Josh's ass on the Wrist Rollers. It's gonna take me a year though. Right now I want 100lbs x 3 x 1 by xmas.

Have you got any numbers for Josh with a 3" wrist roller to use as a comparison in your training?

• Sad 1

great work so far mob...you are the man, especially those thick DB lifts....have you lifted the millenium bell yet? you certainly look like you give it a good ride

On a 3"? No. On a 2 and 2/3ths there are photos in the gallery (old version).

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album53?page=2

Yeah, those are pretty impressive pics aren't they?

I didn't know if you had gotten some of Bigger's numbers on the 3" to shoot for (from Tom Iowa?) - for all you know, you might be kicking his 3" ass already! (Unlikely, true... :D )

On the smaller roller he (Josh) has, according to Tom, done some mental numbers. Even if Tom was jerking my chain and the most he had done was what we can see in those pics I still have 200+ to go. However, it WILL BE DONE! I love this stuff.

As per the bio in the GGC pack: I admire only those that are better than me. They make me better than I am right now.

Not so great tonight. But anyway...

Thick handled dumbbell

55 kilos a side (250lbs total) x 3 x 1 (it was more like 6 attempts and three successes. I got the arse and that made me pull better).

Rolling Thunder

to 100 kilos x 3 x 1 left hand (no problem)

to 108.75 x a bunch of attempts right hand (for shit results)

3" Wrist Roller

max weight was 41.25 kilos x 3 x 1 (no probs - still hard but successful and yes still a good pump).

Quick nice story before my Saturday workout: I haven't done hardly any bar bending for weeks - not since the GGC/US comp (cheers Mick). Anyway I need some more steel stock and the cheapest to play with is the old 6-inch nails. So I have some errands and pop into Sydenhams local diy store run by a couple of Asian brothers. One's downstairs getting a new box up and the other says 'so what you making?' ha ha I tells him I bend them and as he looks a little perplexed explain about the competitions.

Two minutes later there I am with two cloths bending nails in front of the customers, I then bends a bolt and he throws me in a couple of toughies for free!!

• Like 1

2.5 inch thick handled dumbbell

56.25 k a side x 3 x 1 reps

Rolling Thunder

to 101.25 kilos x 3 x 1 reps left hand

to 108.75 kilos x 3 x 1 reps right hand

3" thick wrist roller

20 kilos x 3 x 1 reps

42.5 kilos x 3 x 1 reps (hard as per)

30 kilos x 3 x 1 reps (nice old pump as per.

I trained well late cos of a long call from a mate - 2200-2230 hrs so I had 2 cups of coffee

You are steadily making progress. Very impressive, Steve.

You're already very to close to the magic 250lbs (113.5kg) limit. :bow

Keep the good work!

• Like 1

I need to get to about 15-20 lbs over the record using my old handle to be in with a chance.

I'm also getting a benders bag at the end of the month - ready for my assualt on an IM red.

In fact like the GGC I don't include the handle weight and so am over the 250 lbs mark already.

Thursday is grip day :D

Thick handled dumbbell

57.5 kilos a side x 3 x 1 (struggled to begin with then kaboom!)

Rolling Thunder

to 105 kilos x 3 x 1 L/H

to 112.5 kilos x 3 x 0 R/H (I just managed to get the weight of the floor twice but not all the way up)

3" FB Wrist Roller (Heavy set only noted)

43.75 kilos (103.5 total lbs) x 3 x 1 *

* it never gets any easier. Hot damn this was hard.

Rolling Thunder

L/H to 103.75 kilos (by accident - didn't check the diary properly) x 3 x 1 rep

R/H to 112.5 kilos x 1 x 3 reps (I was 'on' and ready to rock and roll). So...

I also did 1 x 115 kilos and 1 x 120 kilos (271 lbs total!).