Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Monday
What a fkin grind of a day. There's 7 more days training to do then four days rest (stretching and walking only). I'm also waiting on a call from the gym (now I'm back home) re them dropping off their old leg extension in lieu of their getting a new one. A nice addition to the home gym. After eating I crashed and had a nap. Feeling better already

Iso Press
to 87.5-kilos x 4 reps an arm

Hammer DB Curls
to 90-kilos x 9 reps @

TPD
to 17p +1 stacker plate x 9 reps

I forgot my loading pin so I'll train my stub work shortly

On 4/13/2018 at 5:07 PM, Paul Savage said:

Great work on the pinch, some of your best ever rep work that isn't it??

Tried that bloody nail bending the other day, didn't even get close to snapping 1 nail haha the nail seems way too small to do anything with.

Sets and reps wise yes. I've not even touched the nails. Not once.

Monday PM
Stub work
Good session all things considered.
Set up plus
LH: 16.75-kilos x 2 x 1 reps
RH: 17.50-kilos x 2 x 1 reps

Tuesday
So gym work is getting harder and harder. Rather than tear my skin up I decided to hit the pinch 2x today
Two Hand Pinch am
to 106.45-kilos x 1, 1,  2,  4, and 4 reps.

Two Hand Pinch pm
to 107.70-kilos x 1, 1, 3 and 3 (very nearly 4) reps

I'll be staying at 107.70-kilos and aiming to up the volume over the next 2-3 sessions

Wednesday
Last leg session before the competition. The only issue was I felt I could have done more reps on the power squat but for the sheer discomfort of the pads on my right shoulder.
Leg Press
to 685-kilos x 8 reps (used wraps)

Power Squat Machine
to 460-kilos x 6 reps

Seated Leg Curls
to stack +6 stacker plates x 12 reps

Leg Extension
to stack +6 stacker plates x 12 reps

The walk home after is always fun lol. Thighs rubbing together

Thursday
Axe leverage work
to set up +
LH: 5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps
RH: +7-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Friday
Close Grip Bench Press
Do I go volume or do I max out for the crack... I maxed out on the reps ha ha
to 140-kilos x 6 reps (with sleeves on) - video on FB

Mid Iso Row
to 80-kilos x 6 reps

DOTBDLTL
to 210-kilos x F. Got a twinge in my left hip. No need to get injured so close to the comp.
Scaled almost 294lbs

Edited by mobsterone

Saturday
I got the call that my new (used) Leg Extension machine was on its way so having humped it in with 3 other guys to the foyer I spent a LOT of time and energy getting it into the home gym. So training was done later - I finished at 9pm

Two Hand Pinch
Great session. I decided to go as heavy as I could. As it happened I actually stopped a little short. Now back when I did my best ever work of 118+ kilos (4th best of all time) I hit 112 and 113 or so kilos in training (video on YT). Today I hit 116.45-kilos x 1 rep and felt like 117.70 was there. I've one more pinch session to do. All in all I feel like a platform 120+ is on target.

• Like 4

Monday
Not a day to go crazy on. Tired for 90% of the workout.

Iso Press
to 60-kilos x 8 reps

Hammer DB Curls
to 40-kilos x 12 reps

TPD
to 14p x 12 reps

Stub Work

On 4/22/2018 at 3:31 AM, mobsterone said:

Saturday
I got the call that my new (used) Leg Extension machine was on its way so having humped it in with 3 other guys to the foyer I spent a LOT of time and energy getting it into the home gym. So training was done later - I finished at 9pm

Two Hand Pinch
Great session. I decided to go as heavy as I could. As it happened I actually stopped a little short. Now back when I did my best ever work of 118+ kilos (4th best of all time) I hit 112 and 113 or so kilos in training (video on YT). Today I hit 116.45-kilos x 1 rep and felt like 117.70 was there. I've one more pinch session to do. All in all I feel like a platform 120+ is on target.

Great pinching Steve!

• Like 1

Cheers

Tuesday
A little light stretching and then some super light, for me, pinch work

Two Hand Pinch
Warmed up with 22.7kg set up then 62.7-kilos x 5 x 5 reps

22 hours ago, WestSlope said:

@mobsterone did you get a video of your record thumbless axle lift?

There's one on facebook

Wednesday

Close Grip Bench Press
60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, then 140-kilos x 1 rep, 145, 150 and 155-kilos x 1 reps

s/s

Iso Lateral Pulldowns
to 60-kilos an arm x 8 reps

Pullover Machine
to stack x 8 reps

1 hour ago, mobsterone said:

There's one on facebook

Wednesday

Close Grip Bench Press
60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, then 140-kilos x 1 rep, 145, 150 and 155-kilos x 1 reps

s/s

Iso Lateral Pulldowns

Pullover Machine
to stack x 8 reps

Congrats on your amazing thumbless IM axle record!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mobsterone said:

There's one on facebook

Wednesday

Close Grip Bench Press

s/s

Iso Lateral Pulldowns

Pullover Machine
to stack x 8 reps

Steve, is it possible for you to go up with BP next training session? If no, then deloading should help you to recuperate your CNS

I'll be pressing and may switch back to my previous approach (so volume/speed and then max) next week

Thursday
Rolling Thunder work
Up to 7 plates (140-kilos/308lbs loaded) on my stiff handle x 1 iffy rep LH and 1 rep RH

Friday
I decided to change up my rep scheme for the stimulus. I'm used to a low rep module so 20 reps it was. Boy oh boy did I feel it. I went a LOT lighter than usual.
Iso Press
set up x 20 reps, 20-kilos e/s x 20 reps, 30-kilos x 20 reps and 40-kilos x 15+4+1 (LH) and 20 reps RH

Hammer DB Curls
7.5-kilos x 20 reps,  12.5-kilos x 20 reps, 22.5-kkilos x 20 reps and 27.5-kilos x 20 reps

TPD
4p x 20 reps, 8p x 20 reps and 11p x 15+5 reps

Wrist Curls
5-kilos x 20 reps, 7.5-kilos x 20 reps, 10-kilos x 20 reps and 12.5-kilos x 20 reps

Tuesday
Possible competition in the Ukraine in September 2019 to consider. I'll think on it. Job first, money second, comp third.

Legs today and apart from the SSB work (only cos I've not done it in a long time) it was all 20 reps.

Leg Press
footplate x 20 reps, 80-kilos x 20 reps, 120-kilos x 20 reps, 160-kilos x 20 reps, 200-kilos x 20 reps. Wide duck feet splayed setting and super deep stroke. Inner thighs pumped

Safety Squat Bar Squats (SSB)
Depth was too a bench at just about parallel. The bar is either 20 or 25-kilos in weight. I'd zero intention of going heavy so as to work my stabilizers first. x 12 reps, +20-kilos x 12 reps, +40-kilos x 12 reps, +60-kilos x 12 reps

Seated Leg Curls
5p x 20 reps, 10p x 12 reps, 15p x 20 reps, stack x 1 reps - game over lol.

s/s with

Leg Extensions
5p x 20 reps, 10p x 12 reps, 15p x 20 reps

The walk to the supermarket was 'interesting' ha ha :D

• Like 1

Wednesday
Two appts in town (1120 and 1230) so...
Two hand pinch
Still on volume (might be fun to break - so I am told - the how many reps in 16 seconds (??) record. It may well be mine from around 2007 or so. I'm told it was 13). So 20 reps again.
equ x 20 reps, +20-kilos (42.7kg) x 20 reps, +40-kilos (65.2kg) x 15+5 (brief rest) reps

12 hours ago, mobsterone said:

Wednesday
Two appts in town (1120 and 1230) so...
Two hand pinch
Still on volume (might be fun to break - so I am told - the how many reps in 16 seconds (??) record. It may well be mine from around 2007 or so. I'm told it was 13). So 20 reps again.
equ x 20 reps, +20-kilos (42.7kg) x 20 reps, +40-kilos (65.2kg) x 15+5 (brief rest) reps

Steve, AFIK 60 sec period of time for 2HP 90 kg*13 were lifted by Wade Gillingham - I saw it in his diary

11 hours ago, Stanislav said:

Steve, AFIK 60 sec period of time for 2HP 90 kg*13 were lifted by Wade Gillingham - I saw it in his diary

I'm fairly sure, per a chat with you, that I did something like this in that competition with Rob Frampton via the challenge website (now defunct).

Thursday
More twenty reps sets. There was also a lad competing this weekend who was being tanned up who I took some photos of for him. Then, like a dick, left my camera behind. The gym owner rescued in but left a handful of 'interesting' pics on it lol :D

Close grip bench press
bar x 20 reps, 50-kilos x 20 reps, 80-kilos x15+3+2 reps. Pumped

Lat pulldowns - v-handle
8p x 20 reps, 11p x 20 reps, 15p x 20 reps I might have had a little more in me but was pushing the clock

Double overhand thick bar deadlifts (thumb over for  most part)
The last set was a KILLER. 'Er Indoors' (the GF) and I went for a drive/walk after and the ride back... my back didn't like me at all lol. At some point, as per the Ukraine events, I'd like to hit 170-180-kilos x 20 reps (in 75 seconds)

bar x 20 reps (10kg), 50-kilos x 20 reps, 70-kilos x 20 reps, 90-kilos x 20 reps. Even though I knew I might moan about it after... 110-kilos x 13+4+3 reps. All ball busters. Huffing, puffing, bordering on pukey and shaky ha ha :D

• Like 2

Friday
Ate for two last night (following the 20 rep deadlifts etc). As in well over 2000kcals in two huge bowls of pasta. Hamstrings sore today and hands cramping a little

Two hand pinch
A web buddy looked at the records for the reps in 60-seconds. Mine is 12 and someone else has done 13.
equ x 20 reps, +20-kilos (42.7kg) x 20 reps, +43.75-kilos x 20 non-stop reps (just sped up)

• Like 1

Saturday
Iso Press
equ x 20 reps, +20-kilos x 20 reps, +30-kilos x 20 reps, +41.25-kilos x 20 reps

Hammer DB Curls
7.5-kilos x 20 reps, 15-kilos x 20 reps, 22.5-kilos x 20 reps, 30-kilos x 15 reps

TPD
5p x 20 reps, 8p x 20 reps, 11+stacker p x 15+5 reps

DB Wrist Curls
7.5-kilos x 20 reps, 15-kilos x 20 reps, 22.5-kilos x 20 reps

As per the last shoulders and arms w/out I was pumped and it took dead on an hour. My hamstrings are still sore from Thursdays w/out

Monday
Leg day - with the high reps... wowie ha ha

Leg Press
Added 10-kilos. Footplate x 20 reps, 90-kilos x 20 reps, 130-kilos x 20 reps, 170-kilos x 20 reps, 210-kilos x 20 reps

SSB Squats
Also upped by 10-kilos. Only as I did the second weighted set did I remember I was doing 12's ha ha
bar x 20 reps, 50-kilos x 20 reps, 70-kilos x 20 reps, 90-kilos x 12 reps

Seated Leg Curls
Upped a plate 6p x 20 reps, 12p x 20 reps, 16p x 20 reps

Leg Extensions
Upped a plate 6p x 20 reps, 12p x 20 reps, 16p x 20 reps

Tuesday
2 Hand Pinch - 20 reps
22.7-kilos x 20 reps, 42.7-kilos x 20 reps, 67.7-kilos x 20 reps. I put 1 minute / 60 seconds on a count down timer and when I was done (which included a few seconds getting my hands etc right) I was done in under 40-seconds on the last set