Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Better than before.

Sunday

Crappy days deadlifting.

One hand deadlifts

B/H: 60-kilos x 5 reps @, 100-kilos x 5 reps @, 132.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps @.

Monday

I trained outside in the sun - nice. I also got a visitor to take a photo of me doing the set up and 78-kilos (about 101 ish in total) for a rep.

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x loads, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78-kilos x 1 rep (see photo), plus 78.5-kilos x 3 x 1 rep, 1 x missed rep, 5 x 1 reps (8 singles in total).

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/4180/dscf2652pb5.jpg

Photo of yours truly outside, sans shoes on a scorching hot day with 78-kilos loaded on to the (approx) 22-kilos set up at 44mm wide.

TLRT

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps @

L/H: (LP) 80-kilos x 0, 1, 1 reps. 82.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps

R.H: (HP) 95-kilos x 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 (slight twinge in wrist), 0, 1, 1,

Good lord no. I have had my hair cropped so you'll have seen bum fluff and skin. It needs cutting at the moment. I'm a geezer not some poof with hair gel and highlights ha ha.

Wednesday

Played an absolute blinder today. A very, very good session. Following the announcement from Randall Strossen at Ironmind of a new certification scheme for his CoC 3.5 gripper in between sets of pretty much everything else I did today I did single after single (right handed) with Sam Solimi's (a newer model than mine) 3.5 Included was 1 a tad off with a credit card and then later on several very wide closes. Indeed I did not miss a single close. I noted 13 or 14 in total but may have missed a few.

Crush Grippers

After warming up in the usual way I worked on CCS and wide closes for the new IM (3.5) cert scheme with my right hand. As above I did at least 13 wide closes. I did an equal amount of attempts with my hard 3 (around 3.29 or thereabouts)

Leg Ext

80-kilos x 8 reps, 105-kilos x 8 reps, 155-kilos x 8 reps (stack and 10-kilos added)

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 4 reps (try adding a 2.5-kilo disc to 45-kilos next time)

Leg Press

foot plate x 8 reps @ leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 8 reps (could have been a tad deeper)

CG Bench

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 3, 3, 3, 5!! Best yet.

Lat Pulldowns

70-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos (stack and 10-kilos added)

2HP using 90-kilos disc

a few singles to warm up then using the buggered loading pin (the flanged end is broken off and it is a tube rather than solid) we (or rather I did) added 2.5-kilos a time thus: 90+2.5 x 1 rep, 90+5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 7.5-kilos x 1 rep and then adding 1.25-kilos (back load) I did 1 attempt (came up but not enough) x 1 and 1 solid rep. I then took the pin and 8.75-kilos in weights and scaled it at 10.3-kilos. So the last rep was a 90-kilo disc plus 10.3-kilos or 100.3 in total. I think, for now, that as much as anyone has ever done.

RT for fun

Sam wasn't done yet so I played around with 80+ on the light pin using a thumbless grip with either hand for a few singles for fun. As you do.

Thursday

Might do some lower back work later

TLRT

All light pin at GN

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps @

L/H: 80-kilos x 1 rep, 85-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 87.5-kilos x 0 reps, 85-kilos x 1, 0, 0 time to stop.

R/H: 90-kilos x 2 x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 0, 97.5-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, 98.75-kilos x 1, 1, 0, 0 stopped

Bwt: 20st 2.5lbs

Good session on Wednesday mate, and thanks again for the tips. #3.5 is looking good to go ;)

Sweet.

Friday

Hands are still a little fried AND I am no gonna do my deliberate

e overload sessions leading up to the Euros. So although I started out with some decent attempts I dropped then in favour of hard volume work

Grippers

B/H: CoC 1 x 1 rep, HG200 x 1 rep, CoC 2 x 1 rep, HG300 x 1 rep - all both hands

L/H: BBGM x VVN, VVN, 1, VVN - changed to HG300 x 1, then 11 x 2 reps

R/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 1 rep, HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 2 x VVN then changed to BBE x 6 x 1 reps, followed by 7 x 1 with an assist (free hand touches spring)

Mobster facts:

1 --- Some kids piss their name in the snow. Mobster can piss his name into concrete

2 --- Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. Mobster can kill 100 percent of whatever the hell he wants

3 --- Mobster counted to infinity - twice

4 --- Mobster once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands

5 --- Mobster's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; no one fools Mobster

6 --- Mobster can speak braille

7 --- Mobster's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried

8 --- Mobster was originally cast as the main character in 24, but was replaced by the producers when he managed to kill every terrorist and save the day in 12 minutes and 37 seconds

9 --- Mobster died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him

10 --- Mobster puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter"

11 --- Superman owns a pair of Mobster pajamas

12 --- Mobster can slam revolving doors

13 --- Mobster sleeps with a night light. Not because Mobster is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Mobster

14 --- Once a cobra bit Mobster's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died

15 --- Mobster was once on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune and was the first to spin. The next 29 minutes of the show consisted of everyone standing around awkwardly, waiting for the wheel to stop.

16 --- Mobster does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Mobster goes killing

17 --- Mobster divides by zero

18 --- Mobster's wristwatch has no numbers on it. It just says, "Time to kick ass."

19 --- When Mobster gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have left to live

20 --- Mobster is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Mobster

21 --- Giraffes were created when Mobster uppercutted a horse

22 --- When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Mobster

23 --- Mobster' dog is trained to pick up his own poop because Mobster will not take crap from anyone

24 --- Mobster has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants

25 --- Mobster is the only person on the planet that can kick you in the back of the face

26 --- When Mobster exercises, the machine gets stronger

27 --- Mobster doesn't use pickup lines, he simply says, "Now."

28 --- Mobster can build a snowman out of rain

29 --- Mobster once had a heart attack; his heart lost

30 --- Mobster plays russian roulette with a fully loded revolver... and wins

31 --- Mobster can kill two stones with one bird

32 --- M.C. Hammer learned the hard way that Mobster can touch this

33 --- Mobster once killed a bird by throwing it off a cliff

34 --- The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Mobster didn't kill you in your sleep

35 --- Mobster once punched a man in the soul

36 --- Mobster did that to Michael Jackson's face

37 --- The chief export of Mobster is pain

38 --- The most honorable way of dying is taking a bullet for Mobster. This amuses Mobster because he is bulletproof

39 --- Mobster can tie his shoes with his feet

40 --- Mobster once finished "The Song that Never Ends"

41 --- The quickest way to a man's heart is with Mobster's fist

42 --- It is considered a great accomplishment to go down Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel. Mobster can go up Niagara Falls in a cardboard box

43 --- The saddest moment for a child is not when he learns Santa Claus isn't real, it's when he learns Mobster is

44 --- We all know the magic word is please. As in the sentence, "Please don't kill me." Too bad Mobster doesn't believe in magic

45 --- Mobster can drown a fish

46 --- When Mobster enters a room, he doesn't turn the lights on, he turns the dark off

47 --- Mobster can create a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it. And then he lifts it anyways, just to show you who Mobster is

48 --- The reason newborn babies cry is because they know they have just entered a world with Mobster

49 --- The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Mobster has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears

50 --- Mobster was once the F.B.I's chief negotiator. His job involved calling up criminals and saying, "This is Mobster."

51 --- Mobster used to beat the crap out of his shadow because it was following to close. It now stands a safe 30 feet behind him

52 --- The only time Mobster was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake

53 --- The last digit of pi is Mobster. He is the end of all things

54 --- On Neil Armstrong's second step on the moon, he found a note that said, "Mobster was here."

55 --- When Mobster breaks the law, the law doesn't heal

56 --- A unicorn once kicked Mobster. That is why they no longer exist

57 --- Bullets dodge Mobster

58 --- Mobster once partook in a pissing contest outside of a bar. His opponent drowned

LOL, these are the CHuck Norris facts... a few I had not heard of before, fun stuff.

Mobster facts:

1 --- Some kids piss their name in the snow. Mobster can piss his name into concrete

2 --- Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. Mobster can kill 100 percent of whatever the hell he wants

5 --- Mobster's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; no one fools Mobster

8 --- Mobster was originally cast as the main character in 24, but was replaced by the producers when he managed to kill every terrorist and save the day in 12 minutes and 37 seconds

9 --- Mobster died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him

13 --- Mobster sleeps with a night light. Not because Mobster is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Mobster

14 --- Once a cobra bit Mobster's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died

15 --- Mobster was once on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune and was the first to spin. The next 29 minutes of the show consisted of everyone standing around awkwardly, waiting for the wheel to stop.

16 --- Mobster does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Mobster goes killing

18 --- Mobster's wristwatch has no numbers on it. It just says, "Time to kick ass."

19 --- When Mobster gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have left to live

22 --- When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Mobster

23 --- Mobster' dog is trained to pick up his own poop because Mobster will not take crap from anyone

24 --- Mobster has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants

25 --- Mobster is the only person on the planet that can kick you in the back of the face

34 --- The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Mobster didn't kill you in your sleep

38 --- The most honorable way of dying is taking a bullet for Mobster. This amuses Mobster because he is bulletproof

42 --- It is considered a great accomplishment to go down Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel. Mobster can go up Niagara Falls in a cardboard box

43 --- The saddest moment for a child is not when he learns Santa Claus isn't real, it's when he learns Mobster is

44 --- We all know the magic word is please. As in the sentence, "Please don't kill me." Too bad Mobster doesn't believe in magic

46 --- When Mobster enters a room, he doesn't turn the lights on, he turns the dark off

47 --- Mobster can create a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it. And then he lifts it anyways, just to show you who Mobster is

48 --- The reason newborn babies cry is because they know they have just entered a world with Mobster

49 --- The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Mobster has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears

50 --- Mobster was once the F.B.I's chief negotiator. His job involved calling up criminals and saying, "This is Mobster."

51 --- Mobster used to beat the crap out of his shadow because it was following to close. It now stands a safe 30 feet behind him

52 --- The only time Mobster was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake

54 --- On Neil Armstrong's second step on the moon, he found a note that said, "Mobster was here."

58 --- Mobster once partook in a pissing contest outside of a bar. His opponent drowned

You must be thinking of someone else, the Mobster I know has flowers in every room in the house, does cross-stitch and knitting in the evenings and has a wardrobe full of Kylie Minogue's dresses.

I once saw him cry whilst watching an episode of Eastenders (the one where Peggy Mitchell broke a finger nail) and he hides behind the couch when the Dr Who music starts.

I would ask that you refrain from such insults - it upsets him greatly and when this happens he cannot concentrate on the things that mean so much to him - re-homing stray, unwanted kittens and saving snails that have become homeless.

Come to think of it, he and I have got so much in common - I must invite him over sometime to watch Bambi - but then I don't think that there would be enough Kleenex for men to soak up the tears!

Don't ever say such things again, or I may have to beat you to death with my hair dryer, or Mobsters bra.

Love and kisses to you all,

Laine

Mobster facts:

You must be thinking of someone else, the Mobster I know has flowers in every room in the house, does cross-stitch and knitting in the evenings and has a wardrobe full of Kylie Minogue's dresses.

I once saw him cry whilst watching an episode of Eastenders (the one where Peggy Mitchell broke a finger nail) and he hides behind the couch when the Dr Who music starts.

I would ask that you refrain from such insults - it upsets him greatly and when this happens he cannot concentrate on the things that mean so much to him - re-homing stray, unwanted kittens and saving snails that have become homeless.

Come to think of it, he and I have got so much in common - I must invite him over sometime to watch Bambi - but then I don't think that there would be enough Kleenex for men to soak up the tears!

Don't ever say such things again, or I may have to beat you to death with my hair dryer, or Mobsters bra.

Laine

Sorry to upset you guys (?), I hope I can make you feel better, by giving you my special edition of sleepless in Seattle on dvd.

Mobster facts:

Laine

6 minutes and no Death threat - that's got to be a record!

Death is on his way don't fret.... LOL

And mods tell me not to use 'F-Bombs' in my training log yet here is such provocation. Me watch Eastenders indeed. :angry:

Me watch Eastenders indeed. :angry:
Yeah! You're a Corrie man all the way, right?

That sound was me running for cover btw.

You had better! Soaps - pah! :whacked

My mum, back in London but here next week, watches ALL of them and (good lord) some of the omnibus additions. Christ knows why. Thank god I have both my big screen projector brought when I moved here AND a tele upstairs. She's here for 4 days and the idea of having to watch some of the tripe called popular entertainment shows feels me with dread.

Friday PM

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos (skipped by 72.5-kilos by accident, didn't do me any harm) x 1 rep, plus 79-kilos (a PB I think) x 7 x 1 reps. It would have been 8 x 1 but the skin at the base of the left thumb peeled back. Looks nice n pink. I then weighed the set up at 102.10-kilos as is.

Steve, your knowledge is great and far more advanced than mine, to the point where I'm shaking before typing the following comment. :D

But I've read your log for a long time, and it seems to me that your right handed gripper strength hasn't improved much in the last two years or so. Of course, it was already great back then, and it has stayed great... but why no improvement? I know at your level is hard to improve, but then it hit me - do you ever train finger extension? (I don't remember seeing it written in this log). Some people swear that a muscle group could be limited by the opossed muscle group.... I don't know if it's true or not, but just food for thought. Congrats on 102.1kg x 7 singles.

Steve, your knowledge is great and far more advanced than mine, to the point where I'm shaking before typing the following comment. :D

But I've read your log for a long time, and it seems to me that your right handed gripper strength hasn't improved much in the last two years or so. Of course, it was already great back then, and it has stayed great... but why no improvement? I know at your level is hard to improve, but then it hit me - do you ever train finger extension? (I don't remember seeing it written in this log). Some people swear that a muscle group could be limited by the opossed muscle group.... I don't know if it's true or not, but just food for thought. Congrats on 102.1kg x 7 singles.

Short answer: nope never have.

Slightly longer... in a quite un-modest way I've answered 'because I haven't needed to'. 3.65 in competition has, since 2004, with my right hand been enough. My left has shown improvement from 2.69 or so, through to 2.8, 2.96 and onwards to 3.29.

If I am 'on' or in the zone I plan to have a crack at the 3.81 at the Euros. However, getting a better gripper than anyone else etc etc is not the same as gamesmanship in doing enough to win. Potentially I could do 7.10 in total (3.29 and 3.81) but I'd hazard a guess I'll look at 3.29 and 3.65 as safe enough and then see what I feel like doing.

The same applies to the other lifts. Of course I'd like to raise my PB's and go further up the records list (110 2HP by end of 2008 for example) but a win is a win. I'm happy to, right now at least, contemplate being European Champion without necessarily doing it via PB's or records. I'd still be champion right?

Depending on how I feel - super strong hopefully - if I have spare attempts and the 3.81 is done then I may well have yet another crack at a 4.

Edited by mobsterone

Something David Horne nagged me and cajoled me about a long, long time ago. It wasn't enough to be, as I was, a 1 or two trick pony any more than it is to break records. I compete to win first and get a record second. Certainly now.

In the past I had questioned David on the choice of events he picked for competitions and I have had the same asked of me. It's a joy of being a promoter. David was ragging on me with the same (for fun) during the run up to the 2008 British. I replied - 'I'm now pretty good at EVERYTHING'. That doesn't mean outstanding or a record breaker but good enough to place well in most competitions regardless of what was chosen and by whom.

Obviously I can have a bad day and a bad day on grippers is a tad under a 3 left handed and 3.5 right. That puts me in around top 3 pretty much any comp you like.

However, for all my seeming arrogance you'll note that I constantly look over the whys and hows of what I do and pick at little bits and bobs. I MIGHT benefit from extension work but thus far...

Thanks for the reply, I understand now. Maybe if one day you choose to go after the #4 more seriously you'll do experiment with it? Who knows, but it is definitely not required to win comps.

I've just made a long post in reply to this, but I'm tired now. If it still makes sense in the morning, I'll post it then, in the meantime: Steve, you do more mental work than you let on, that's why I have such faith in you. Night

Just, get there 1st and cert!

We all know you can do it! :rock

C'mon Steve! :rock:mosher:bow:bow:bow

I've just made a long post in reply to this, but I'm tired now. If it still makes sense in the morning, I'll post it then, in the meantime: Steve, you do more mental work than you let on, that's why I have such faith in you. Night

Every ounce of training I do is based on being motivated, driven or passionate. Paul Savage got 'the speech' on one visit.

Autoplus: I've asked Randall. It's up to him to give me the opportunity.

Edited by mobsterone

Saturday

I'll be doing Thick bar deads Monday but as we're off to the team comp tomorrow got my shoulders and arms done today

Seated Press

50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 110-kilos x 1 rep, 102.5-kilos x 2 x 1 reps (4 x 1 next time)

s/s with

DB Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 7 reps (loose)

Tricep Pressdown

Stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos x 10 reps (PB)

Bwt 20st 1.5lbs