Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Tuesday pm

Felt like it (cos I can etc) so did some Vulcan Gripper work

Vulcan Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L12 x 1 rep, L12 plus 1 band x 5 x 1 and 1 VVN rep

R/H: L13 x 1 rep, L16 x 6 x 1

Based on today I'll either do a CCS with L17 on Thursday (new world record - old one being mine) or have a go at the CoC 4 on video.

I vote for having a go at the #4! :) I have read an old post from years ago on the board where you said something about coming "damn near closing the bugger". Seems to me your training is now better suited for building up the crush, as you have made a very good progress recently and considering you have been so close for so long. I know you'll get it done soon, just keep on doing what you are doing now. :cool

Thursday

Well what a day, what a hell of a day. The first session was from 11 until well after 3 when Sam Solomi needed to leave. It included grippers (more on that later), my cleaning with some ease the baby Inch, one hand deadlifting the Inch itself with either hand and then a Millennium pick up which Paul Savage claimed (cos that's how it looked) 'you just throw away like it was nothing'. We all also did some training in between. Later on, after food and a drink Paul and I came back and more or less played, well I did. He did some flips on our 400-kilo tire, I did some reps with my hard 3, an attempt (see below) on his HG500, got Jim's 4 to 2mm and so on. 'How come you can do that after all we've done' he asked - buggered if I know :D

Grippers (planned workout first)

B/H: VG L1 x 6 reps@, L7 x 3 reps@,

L/H: VG L12 x 1 rep, L12+2 bands x a few singles

R/H: VG L13 x 1 rep, L15 x 1 rep, L17 x 2-3mm off (grr). Also several attempts at Paul's 'easy 4' (see videos later) more than a few were '1mm off you sod' (I was effing and blinding at this point). At least 2 attempts on Jim's 4.01 down to 1mm (Paul said 'you're good to 1mm ain't ya ha ha)

Leg press (our machine)

0-kilos x 8 reps @ leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 400-kilos (wraps on) x 8 easy reps, 530-kilos x 6 easy enough reps.

Leg Ext

1/2 stack (70kg) x 8 reps, stack (145kg) x 2 x 8 reps (second better than the first)

Leg Curl

20-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 2 x 8 reps

CG Bench (speed)

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Lat Pulldown

4 sets from 70-kilos to 140-kilos (first two wide grip, then reverse grip then V bar type grip for last set) x 8 reps a set.

In between, during and after.

44lb Blob (one hand then thumb and two fingers and finally and done 2x by the face for the first time), baby Inch (right hand cleaned to shoulder), Inch (one hand deadlift with either hand) and Millennium (pickup only - not done any work on this so carryover from RT work must be the reason) work as well as multiple gripper attempts after the earlier attempts on both CoC type grippers as well as the Vulcan. I got Paul's HG500 to 5mm for example (slightly smaller spread). Oh and our 90-kilo disc just pinched off the floor. If anything the guys did more attempts and played with more toys than I did.

I'm gonna ache tomorrow.

Good stuff from you today mob. great session looking forward to seeing the pics and vids that we took with your camera!

nice photos. also see the vid of your vulcan work i uploaded above.

Yikes, the photos are really cool. GREAT attempts.

What does "easy" mean? :D

easy means just that - we reckon it is about a '3.7'. It is pretty tough at the close.

nice photos. also see the vid of your vulcan work i uploaded above.

Seen it - cheers

Yikes, the photos are really cool. GREAT attempts.

What does "easy" mean? :D

I'd say 3.7 to 3.8 at a guess.

Cheers. If I can get the other video to upload see what you think.

Great attempt on the #4. Hope you shut that one and Jim's one soon!!

Video with still shots above included:-

Video one:

You, the mob, decide. Vote now :D

You'll close it soon... ;)

I was, for some strange reason, having loads of problems getting the other video to load. I'll try again now.

Can anyone else post it. It's now under 700kb and still wont load!!

if I send you one dollar would it be closed ;)

I'm not that cheap!

Is that easy #4 the one Timmy sent to Twig and Twig sold to Savage? The one Pete once tried on video as well? No offence towards anyone intended, just want to make a distinction between "easy" and "tampered", if it indeed is the same gripper?

No idea. You'll have to ask Paul. I does have a slightly narrower handle spread.

if I send you one dollar would it be closed ;)

I'm not that cheap!

2? :D