Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Steve-

Watch out for the Aluminum. It snaps past 45 degrees. Clay tried it out & it must be the more tempered stuff. If you bend up high, you'll probebly want to wrap the middle. No shrapnel, just pops.

I'd forgotten how hard this bending stuff is. I worked up to a 3 x 1 rep set (3 singles) with 50.5 kilos (+ the pin etc) on the FBBC wrist roller and then, after a short rest tried one of the shorter bars - I don't like them. So I took the longest bit of aluminum stock and having got it started took my freaking time and finally got it to the point where, as you said, it just snaps. Phheeww wee!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm ill today but the plan is to start the Iron Grip competition training this week. First place? here I come :D

I probably shouldn't have trained (coughing one end and clenching my 'cheeks' at the other, oh and sweating constantly in between sniffles) but as I did...

Two Hand Pinch

worked up to 40 kilos over the full set up x 3 x 1 rep.

Vertical bar

worked up to 115 kilos x 2 x 1 rep

Rolling Thunder

worked up to 90 kilos x 3 x 1 rep

I probably shouldn't have trained (coughing one end and clenching my 'cheeks' at the other, oh and sweating constantly in between sniffles) but as I did...

:laugh

Jon@han

You laugh (I would but, well, you know he he)... I feel a little better today and have a docs appointment Monday (0830 hrs yes sir!!). So I did a little gripper work at 5pm and some bar bending at 8pm (G5).

I also went back through the results for last years GGC, Brit and European comps and worked out my targets for this years Brit comp. Cos my rivals may be watching (Dean Bolt?, Jim Wylie? who else??) and reading (oooo...) I wont put too much down but sufficent to say the numbers will be higher. I await the arrival of the 50-kilo discs at my local gym with baited breath

More: I did some one hand lift work (this is where I need the big 50-kilo discs) and did a relatively easy 200-kilos each hand for 2 x 1 rep (left and right, oh yes :D )

Tuesday

Gym workout inc Leg press to 560 kilos x 7, bench 45 kilos a side x 7 and low lever row to 90 kilos a side x 6 and hi lever row to 60 kilos a side x 7 followed by

One hand lift

to 205 kilos either hand x 2 x 1 (pin only holds 200 kilos so discs are left on top). The gym is buying in some 50-kilo discs which will help.

Thursday 10th Feb

Two Hand Pinch

worked up to 42.5 kilos over the full set up x 3 x 1 rep.

Vertical bar

worked up to 117.5 kilos x 2 x 1 rep

Rolling Thunder

worked up to 92.5 kilos x 3 x 1 rep

All with either hand although the last rep on the left hand rolling thunder was real hard.

Friday

Grippers and short bar bending (FBBC bars)

Saturday

Press, curls and close grip bench plus crunches

Monday

Gripper and FBBC bar bending

could have been better.

Tuesday

Leg press to 560k x 7,

bench (per arm) to 45k x 8,

low row to 90k x 7,

hi row to 60k x 7

One hand lift

60k x 3 x 1 e/h, 120k x 3 x 1 e/h, 207.5k x 2 x 1 l/h and 1 x 1 r/h

HG500 (braced) back down to 1/4 inch (having been better).

Thursday

right shoulder a bit 'iffy' (it's a medical term he he) from the heavy one arm pulls.

Two hand pinch (Equ = set up weight)

Equ x 1 x 3, equ plus 30-kilos x 1 x 3 and equ plus 45 kilos x 3 x 1.

V bar

60k x 1 x 3, 95k x 1 x 3 and 120 k x 1 x 3 (all e/h)

Thumbless RT

50k x 1 x 3 e/h, 75k x 1 x 3 then r/h 95k x 1 x 3 l/h x 85k x 1 x 3

I'm only gonna post for a few weeks here so as to not give too much away but what the hell, if it puts 'them' off ha ha

I'm only gonna post for a few weeks here so as to not give too much away but what the hell, if it puts 'them' off ha ha

Damn it Mobster! Keep them posts coming - those numbers make for amusing reading ;)

Good ha ha. I'm looking up the world records right now. I thnk that there is enough time... helpful tip - bring kleenex for men :upsidedwn

From what I can see the numbers are:

Grippers - ain't got a clue. Does anyone know what the best is (is it Florian??)

Two hand pinch (on the new set up) 105 kilos D. Horne.

One hand lift (best one hand) 335 kilos (it might be more for either DH or Benny)

V Bar - 163.3 kilo :upsidedwn Jim Wylie

Thumbless R/Thunder - dunno - anyone??

I think this years British Grip Champs will be very close between the 3 of you. Jim Wylie, Steve Gardener and Dean Bolt. Anyone's contest.

David

Thumbless R/Thunder  - dunno - anyone??

Dave did 120kg + at the 2001 British grip champs in the thumbless stylee. Think that you can match that thick D?

If it's not a new handle - yes. I seem to recall being a gnats bollock behind David at the last comp we had a RT thumbless in. I think you was wayyyy down the list ho ho :upsidedwn and that was a long time ago and he's not competing and I'm stronger. So... :D

I've also looked at Andy's site and his handle looks as battered as mine so I ought to be ok.

Friday

Grippers and bar bending. The grippers were ok but the bars? Nada. My r/shoulder seems slightly injured and I have made the conscious decision not to do any bar work until the comp is done.

Monday

Grippers

Tuesday

Leg press to 560k x 8 , inc bench machine to 47.5k per arm, low lever row to 92.5 k per arm and hi lever row to 62.5k per arm.

One hand lift went well. I'm still waiting on the gyms delivery of their new 50-kilo discs. HG500 still being used.

Thursday

Two cups of coffee and I was on fire. I am well on target and added 5-kilos on all the lifts right across the board. Two hand pinch, v bar and thumbless R/Thunder work

Friday

Grippers

Saturday

Seated press, curls, close grip bench & crunches

As previously mentioned no numbers will be mentioned on the grip lifts. I do plan on setting some seriously good new PR's and some lifts will equal old records and others, hopefully, will set new ones. We will see. :mellow

Tuesday

Leg press to 560k x 8 again, inc bench machine to 47.5k per arm x 6, low lever row to 92.5 k per arm x 6 and hi lever row to 62.5k per arm x 6.

One hand lift went ok -left hand no probs right hand I was barely getting the weight off the ground . I'm still waiting on the gyms delivery of their new 50-kilo discs. HG500 still being used but today was piss - nowhere near as good as it has been.

Mobster

I think that the champs could be this year :(. I have commited to arm wrestling training for the next year or so. There will be little time to get ready for the grip champs this year. I'll come along and compete anyway for fun.

Jim

I know. I 'chatted' with David on msn. I also know only too well that it is best to focus on one target at a time. Still there's Dean Bolt.

Saturday

same as last week with more weights on all movements - close to my old weights.

Monday

I'm working pinch 2 x a week at the mo (I'm good but not great at this) and started this weeks efforts by working up to (mind yer own biznes ha ha) today which I struggled with last Thursday (I only managed 2 x 1 missing the third). Today I did 4 x 1 no problem and then allowed myself a 10 minute break and did gripper work. Having lost by .1 to David Horne before (6.0 to 6.1) I intend bring enough to the table that doesn't happen.

I must see the physio soon. I'm training, all together, five times a week and this aches, that aches, it all aches (mostly back, elbow and shoulder).

An aside: On my gym wall are photos of the lifts in the event - top weights. I made a montage and printed it off. So there's a gripper close from the European (just the hand and a gripper), Jim's 243 kilos V bar, David's 105 kilo 2-hand pinch, David (again) one hand pulling 300 kilos and my 122.5 kilo R/Thunder (Manchester) on an old handle. Hint: targets he he. ;)

Tuesday 8th

Damn trains. I didn't get the gym at all and so ended up doing what I could at home which consisted of one hand lifts only.

Thursday 10th

I am working hard on the pinch which is as near to a weakness as I have. In the last issue of Iron Grip DH talks about using work gloves. Not for me. The skin at the top inside point of the thumb - just short of the webbed skin is nice and rough looking now. V-bar went according to plan and Rolling Thunder - too easy. I think I had one bad left hand session and so adjusted the weight down but may well bring it back up until it's a few kilos short of the right hand.

Friday 11th

Grippers at about 1130am followed by two hand pinch again at 1230am. Without being 100% I'm pretty sure the weight I am using at the moment in training is the same as I used for a max single last year (80k plus :cool ).

In training I have only one thing in my mind - a clean sweep - right across the board. Grippers: win. 2-hand pinch: win. V-Bar: win. One hand lift: win. Rolling Thunder: win. Let there be no doubts. :angry::angry::angry:

In training I have only one thing in my mind - a clean sweep - right across the board. Grippers: win. 2-hand pinch: win. V-Bar: win. One hand lift: win. Rolling Thunder: win. Let there be no doubts.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Tough talk! But it may happen.