Who is the best:   kinney or sorin?

Guest steiner1014

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best:   kinney or sorin?

• Kinney?
    • Sorin?

this is such a newbie poll...and me, like a sucker, voted for the guy with the ironmind certificate...wait can i change my vote? sorin all the way!!! ooh gosh...but the pic with kinney and the 2 finger crush of the 3. and what about the interview by wanna?... kinney's the man..wait no, phantom 4...no the man with the moustache is definitly the best!!!  ???

• 3 months later...

You didn't add ME to the poll!!!   :p

So.... if it were Kinney, Sorin AND Sybersnott!!!  No contest!!!

(I would come in dead last!!   :p  :p  :p )

Okay, carefully phrased: Other than closing the #4, what is

Joe known for in the grip world? Other than closing the phantom #4, what is Richard known for in the grip world?

The answer lies in the all-round aspect, does it not?

Sorin is like a champion decathlete of grip strength! Kinney is a one event champion sprinter!. Both to be reveered

Guest baldy

In response to Joe Roark's comment, I would go a step further. Who (reputable) has seen Mr Kinney perform any feat of strength in person where equipment can be tested? How about Mr Sorin?

Also, there is another question to be answered. In the editor's comments in MOHS Dr Strossen said that Mr Brookfield closed his #4 while steadying the spring. In the same book Mr Brookfield stated that Mr Sorin had the best crushing grip of anyone he knew. If Brookfield closed his #4 (under slightly less than authentic conditions, but a close nonetheless) what has he seen that makes him think that Mr Sorin could top him hands down re: crushing?

Anyway, just some things I have wondered about. Flame away. Mr Sorin get my vote no contest.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, Kinney really seems like a one trick pony. Sometimes I sort of wonder if he really exists because there are no pics of him doing stuff, nobody (that I know of) has seen him at meets, etc. Sorin can do anything Kinney can & a lot more.

Old Guy,

He either does it all, has done it all, or will be doing it in the near future.

I agree with OldGuy. Horne should be on the list. A good grip athlete should be able to perform several lifts rather than specializing in just one. Closing the #4 is a tremendous feat though and I don't discredit Kinney at all for accomplishing that.

paul

Guest baldy

If you look under the title at the subtitle to the original post, it says "Topic: Who is the best:   kinney or sorin?, Crushing grip strength". This post came out during the heat of the calibration discussion. If the post said "who is the best, ALL AROUND GRIP", Mr Sorin himself would probably vote for Mr Horne. In the 3 or 4 phone conversations I have had with him (Mr Sorin), he has always given Mr Horne the nicest compliments about his grip strength and the amazing poundages used on grip lifts. Those 2 have corresponded about grip work longer than a lot of us have been lifting weights at all.

As for Kinney, he exists. There are a few here that have talked to him on the phone, and one COC (don't remember his name) went to visit him and then to see Mr Sorin afterwards.