Horseshoes

Rob Vigeant

Pat, Steve, anyone? and what size.....Pat the one you gave me was real easy so something a little harder or maybe that one new (not worn). Thanks

Rob, go on www.stcroixforge.com and order a box of #2 lites. Should be a good shoe for a while, not to hard but not real easy.

Rob, go on www.stcroixforge.com and order a box of #2 lites. Should be a good shoe for a while, not to hard but not real easy.

Shrug this will be my second shoe ever so is it a good one to start with?

Rob,

Here's what I've done. It's the cheapest way to get shoes. Find a boarding stable or horse track near you. Go in ask for their farrier. He may not be there, but they can get you in touch with him. Ask the farrier if you can have his used shoes. This may only get you some 0's and 1's, but they are free and good for technique work/volume. You might get lucky tho' and find a farrier who shoes some draft horses as well. Then you'll have access to 3's, 4's and 5's. Some very stout shoes.

Personally, I think it's worth 10-20 minutes of talking to the farrier every week for a never ending supply of bending material....

Rob,

Here's what I've done. It's the cheapest way to get shoes. Find a boarding stable or horse track near you. Go in ask for their farrier. He may not be there, but they can get you in touch with him. Ask the farrier if you can have his used shoes. This may only get you some 0's and 1's, but they are free and good for technique work/volume. You might get lucky tho' and find a farrier who shoes some draft horses as well. Then you'll have access to 3's, 4's and 5's. Some very stout shoes.

Personally, I think it's worth 10-20 minutes of talking to the farrier every week for a never ending supply of bending material....

Ok guys thank you.

Rob,

I think big Dave may have given you that shoe? I didn't have any used ones.....I gave you a bunch of nails and stuff?

Doc's got the best solution unless you want to re-mortgage the house. If you don't have any luck finding a farrier shoot me a PM.

Rob,

I think big Dave may have given you that shoe? I didn't have any used ones.....I gave you a bunch of nails and stuff?

Doc's got the best solution unless you want to re-mortgage the house. If you don't have any luck finding a farrier shoot me a PM.

OK Pat thanks..........My brain wasn't straight :whacked i thought it was from you.

Big Steve left me a St. Croix Forge 00 lite rim shoe. Up until yesterday I never tried it.

Motivated by Pat's horseshoe bending picture on my gym wall, and GGC in general, I gave it a go yesterday. I managed to turn it into a heart ala Pat. Took everything I had, and I was sweating afterwards like I just ran sprints in the hot sun. Just a wierd piece of steel to hold onto.

Pat, I am interested in shoes. I will pm you...

Rick Walker :rock

dude i want some of those light shoes....the ones rick mentioned....no money though....would steve be interested in trading for steel, or anyone else that can 0 lites for that matter? if so PM me please.

I know a ferrier that makes his own. Maybe I am just a pussy, but I can't put the slightest angle in these bitches, and they are used and worn.

Also, he had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the numbering system that Pat described to me at NOS2. Not sure what that says about the ferrier.

Rick, remind me next time we are going to be in the same neighborhood and I will bring you some. Same to you, Rob. Maybe if I watch Pat, Rick or the Rob's do it, it'll break a mental gap, but these bitches seem tough. They are just sitting around collecting dust, and I doubt I would bend many anyway, so i feel obliged to let you guys have some.

JUST REMIND ME!!!

-Jedd-

Not that it helps you now Jedd, but I've done a few shoes and probably could have at least confused you a little more in person last weekend. There are certainly no shortage of horseshoe manglers in PA though

I can't find an order section there. How expensive are the shoes?

I know a bunch of people that have horses. I wonder how often you would change thier shoes. I would ask but then probably have to answer some questions or perhaps demstrate :blush could be embarasing since I've never tried it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys-

My cousin's husband owns a local carriage company here, and also boards some horses for the Milwaukee Police Dept.

I'll try to get ahold of him and see if he can hook me up with some shoes. I'll get back here when I know more....

Chris

Turns out I will be getting some shoes. I don't have any details (size, quantity, how soon) but if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

I'm not selling them just giving them away (c'mon they're used horseshoes! :laugh ), I just need to be reimbursed for shipping.

Chris