CalvinP's Progress Report

Guest CalvinP

Guest CalvinP

Today 9 days after I got my first  CoC#1 I was wacthing The Arizona's Diamonds blew their lead in the 9th inning. I was so pissed I close the #1 for the first time, I could feel the handles touched so softly. I was happy so I get in here to report it. Before the PC connected to the net I closed another one, this time I heard the click clearly. Thanks to the confidence of the first close.

Two days ago I stimulated my work-out as real life hard work, by practicing all day long. Careful not to exhaust myself at any moment. Then the next day I digged fence's post hole by hand thru solid lime-rock for one hour. Then half an hour ago I decided to have a light work out, but the #1 felt so good in my hand, so I gave it a shot and the result was soooooo... good. Phew! Now #2 here I come.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steiner1014

:) Cal:   Congrats on the #1 closure.   Keep up the hard work and the #2 will not be far behind.   Have ya ever done negative reps with the #2.   That not only gives you confidence in handling the #2, it also builds lots of strength in you hand.....Try and close the #2 with both hands and then try and hold it closed as long as possible(or simply let the Gripper open as slow as possible)....This is very hard on the hands....I have tremendous pain in my hands as the gripper rips open my hand...BUT it is worth it is the end....Good Luck!!!

STEIN

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CalvinP

Thanks Steiner, I was able to click-close the #1  six or more slow reps. I do Negative close #2 but not a lot. But I got #2 within 3/8" 10 days ago now I usually stop training as soon as the fingers' joints feel funny. Then the next day or so I might do very light training or rest. I decided to let the joints adapt to the training slowly rather than risking an injury. Plus I am a drummer so  I can't afford to hurt the hands

Other thing I am doing is sitting on the ground with my legs're out front straigth. Then I would raise my body on the finger tips (flare open). It's painfull so I did it single rep. I weigh 145# , so I guess with my leg 're out front I had about 110-120 lbs or so on the finger tips. Much harder than doing push-up this way. I would like to be able to do it on the very tips claw-hand open. But the progress is doing fine slowly

I was singing on the stage at a wedding (NOV 24th) This guy I knew who has a amazing grip naturally passed by and gave me a hand shake. Here I was into a song and aware how strong his grip was. I decided to test my new grip power, so I gave him a squeeze and I could see the surprise on his face. Even I did not max out (Yes! I was thinking about my grip board Bros) and hey! I did not miss a beat neither.  :D  Throw eggs if you want to but do not shake my hand when I am singing :)

For joint maintenant supplement I am taking Glucosamine sulfate to helps the little joints heal faster

Guest CalvinP

More on lifting body from a seated position, with legs're out front straigth, on finger tips flare-open. When I lift my butt off the floor my legs still touch the floor. I can only remain in this position between 1-2 seconds. It hurts a lot, so I can't risk ligaments damage by trying to tough it out, not just yet!

My goal would be to remain up for 5 seconds and hopefully with my legs off the ground someday. Why don't someone try this and tell me how you fare? I can't close #2 but I feel much better now. I can keep it close (3/8") without busting a capillary vessel in my eye. I also use inverted position on CoC and thumb hooking it. Instead of using the base of the thumb. My right hand is now thicker noticely. So weird! I am purposely willing to make my hands thicker/uglier/stronger regardless how people think or how lady friends feel.

Guest CalvinP

That's how weak I was!

The first time I inverted the coc to try the thumb hook exercise. After 30 minutes or so pumping the thumb and the base of it. I woke up in the middle of the night with such a pair achy thumbs. So I had to sneak down stair to get some Advils. Standing in the kitcken I struggled to open the cap to no avail. Finally after a few grunts I manage to get it open and I popped a couple of pills like an addict, so relieved to get it (smiling sheepishly too) :D

I train my thumbs a lot this way lately. So last time I squeezed my friend's hand for a test. Instead of applying pressure with the fingers, I put it on the thumbs and it took him by surprise, expecting the force's gonna be from fingers, suddenly he found it from the thumb!...too late! Hey, diversion technic works, fool the head then kick the a##. Can any one try this and feed back to me please. Can't wait for the thumb bases to be fat fat fat.

Guest CalvinP

Another variation of open hand pushup

I do push up with hand flare open or on the tip claw hand. It's hurt, but when I tried another variation of claw hand, it's hurt even more. Make your hand into a claw, to the point your finger nails' broad sides will be on the carpet instead of the tip. Keep fingers curved, now crawl around on four, painful isn't it? The pressure is on the outside of the fingers, not from the inside. I can not do push up like this. Crawling around is painful enough. Make sure your knuckles do not touchthe floor. I wonder how long before I can do pushup like this? Consider I weigh only 145 pounds. Sometime I stay in one place and just put a percentage of my body weight on it

Many of us use exercise that put pressure from inside. This one will make you realize how weak our fingers are if the force is surrounding your hand

Guest CalvinP

Because I'm relative new in this grip game. Things progress quite fast and good so far.

-Lifting body on flare open hands from seated position is now 7 reps max. A jump from 1 rep few days ago

-Claw hand pushup 4 set of 6 reps, still hurting but better now

Having lower body fat % is helpfull too. So the pain of doing these kinds of pushup is diminishing everyday. I train the with gripper crushing style every 3 days or so. I don't max out on the crushing grip everytime. But pushup on finger tips I can do everyday. One thing! it's very low reps now,and fingers really don't move that much. Not until I get to 20 or more reps then I see if I can do this pushup full body length.

Hands are feeling fine. No funny feeling and soreness in the little joints. I do take Glucosamine sulfate as joint maintenance supplement

Guest CalvinP

Wrist and grip work ideas from The Far East

I grew up in the Far East, but most of my life I live here in the Good Old USA. There people who are into martial art use many different apparatus for grip and wrist works.

1- My old master used a heavy iron bar about 2 inches in diameter x 3 feet length to twirl around his body one hand. Then, I was too young to understand its effect. Be carfull if you want to do this, because conking your head a heavy iron bar is not fun.

2- Spinning a heavy stone wheel shaped like a donut on a track back and fort, using a long staff

3- Pinch lifting a big vase with a 4" mouth and adding a quart or two of water everyday. This I used to do this for a while. That explains why I my pinching grip is better than my crushing grip now.

4- Plan a 2"-3" diameter wooden post 3 feet into the ground firmly, then use your fingers and try to shake it and pull it up. No palm, just fingers only.

5- Striking, spearing and crushing grip into a containner that has bean/rice/sand/rounded pebles. I used to punch sand like this and my hands were very ugly for a time (me no like it, hahaha!)

There you have it. Few of the ideas from The Far East just so your day wouldn't be so bored trying it  :D

Guest CalvinP

Today work out DEC 5th

Still can't close #2 yet, but I managed to have 3 sets of 10 reps. I kept the gap between 3/8" and 1" and pumped. Last time on coc #1 when I got to this close, It took me another week to close it. But I guess #2 will take longer. Hands feel real good. A lot of inverted coc thumb hook (I love this) works.

-Push up when seated flare open hand (FOH) 3 sets of 8 or 10 reps

-push up Claw hand on tips (CHOT) 3 sets of 5-10 reps

-push up Claw hand on finger nails (CHOFN) 3 sets of 6-10

reps . I cheated on this, more like I prayed and bowed to the ground. However today was first time I could kneel on all four with my arms perdendicular to the carpet. And first time I could even bowed low like that. The pain was subsiding and tolerable, but I can't risk breaking my fingers yet. If you weighed more than 200 pounds Hmm! becarefull ??? Any way all push up were on knees

cal,

i noticed you were interested in building your finger tips.  have you tried hub lifting?  it's a great excercise for the fingers, the only problem is finding plates with hubs large enough to hold on to. i don't know if it's even anything that would interest you, but i thought i might suggest it.  the push-up on your finger tips are impressive.  i had always performed them with my fingers flared and thought i was pretty good, till i tried it your way.

Guest CalvinP

HI UD

I am from a different back ground. I love the new exercises I found here. As my interest in hand exercise grows like mad. Along with incorporating these exercise I found into my regimens. I also try to come up new ways to add another dimension of exercise to it. I love gripping as a sport and hand conditioning as a defense mechanism. At least for fun with my friends as a bet.

I thought because the hand strength grows steadily and slowly, by making the tips hardened, it also makes them more affective faster. If they are to be use for defense, or to crush stuff like fruits of the looms.

You probably knew by now, my back ground was in martial art long ago. I enjoy mixing all these regimens up for the best result. I neglected my hands work out before, now I love it a lot.

Hold your hand on finger tips around a body part (forearm), now squeeze! You can feel the thumb didding into your flesh, but not the fingers. The thumb could hurt a lot more just because the contact surface is smaller. That is the approach of martial art. That why I like to develope the thumb N its base more. Shake your friend's hand with your thumb cocked up a bit (not too obvious) remain contacted too. As he tries to crush, slide the thumb down N rubbing on the small bone really hard, as you roll your hand N thumb a bit outward. Now crush all together you probably will have an edge to win. Unless he is Gorilla Hands or Slim "The hammer" Farman then don't attempt this on them. I am talking about Regular Joe here. If your thumbs are hard boned the affect is greater.

Twenty six year ago, I weighed only 130 lbs. I 've played "mercy" with this guy who weighed 230# and 6' tall. As we intertwined our fingers .I used a leverage hold on him without he knowing it, because it looked N felt the same. As we increased the strength trying to bring each others down begging for "MERCY" :angry: On-lookers were laughing thinking I was going to be crushed. I turned the leverage on, and the guy was suddenly screaming in pain, grimmacing as he went down on his knees. One of his fingers oozing blood out of the finger nails, and the hand was shaking like a leaf. His was wild-eyed and dazed. Not knowing why a little guy like me could generate such power. It was NOT the power I had, rather than the leverage I knew. Now thinking back, sometime I feel may be I shouldn't  be so mano-a-mano. But I was ony 19 and want to save my own a## too. That was the last time I used it, before I know any thing about the grippage.com. Peace guys  ;)

Guest CalvinP

Dec 9th work out:

On #2 coc, I got what I thought was 5/16" gap. But my head was shaking when I applied the pressure realy hard, so may be it's just an illusion, hah! Sometime I feel the back of my neck tightened up when I'm squeezing hard. Maybe I need to warm up it too. #2 coc now feel like #1 when I got the gap at 1/4" .

I did finger tips push up all styles, afterward the thumb joints felt tendered and sored a bit. Mainly because a lot more pressure applied to the thumb, for it's being closer to the body center. I hope rest and glucosamine sulfate help heal it quicker like last time. The pain usually goes away in 48 hours. I am thinking of using sea salt to soak it after a work out

Guest CalvinP

Dec 17th,

Not much work out since the last post. Today however it was a good one. I got #2 within 5/16"  3 or 4 times not too much tension the the head like last time. I already ordered coc#3 hoping it'll help me close #2. Just like the way #2 had helped me to close #1. Any way I just want to have the #3 so I can see how it feel in my hand

Claw hand push up: 3 set of ten reps (on knees) and one set on the feet 3 reps. I couldn't even do it one rep last week on feet.

I went to Home Depot but couldn't find the 2" galvanized pipe for my next project