Calibrated Fat Bastard Stocks

EricMilfeld

Gazza - I've written about three times here trying to express my feelings on this but can't get it to say what I want. I'm just sorry you felt it necessary to quit something you so obviously loved because of other people being jerks. Just go private and continue to bend in your basement - it's not about anyone but yourself anyway, you'll know what you have done and in the end, that's all that matters. And unless I've missed something, 90% of the bending being done is done the same way you do it - you just did (do) it better.

Did you ever notice there are no statues erected of critics - only the doers of deeds!

Alawadhi

sorry to disapiont you mate but i dont bend anymore :D It wasnt worth all the behind the scenes shit what wraps to use.always being referred to as a folder etc.

Besides i threw all my fbbc stuff in the trash so i couldnt bend even if i wanted to.

Glad you and others here are still enjoying bending but for me the passion has gone as i was only ever a clown chaseing lists and scamming people or so i was told :D

WOW.Thats terrible. I guess there are little punk's here just like all the forums, just easier to hide here I guess.

I don't know why do you listen to them? If I was you I will just put them on my ignore list and even if they knew m email I won't read it.

Eric

If i send you some stock can you calibrate it for me please,its cold rolled steel if i send you some 5/16"and 3/8" stuff cut at say 7",6.5",6" on the 3/8"stuff and 7",6.5",6",5.5",5"and 4.5" and 2 pieces of each will that be fine.

On the bending/measuring device i have had made it come out at about 14%harder than fbbc stock its really brutal stuff max has sampled some stuff about 7%harder than the fbbc stock but this stuff is put it this way a 7"piece feels like kinkinking a sub 6"bastard its hard all the way through doesnt move as quick as the bastard stock this was the stuffi was training on to get the shorter stainless stuff.

I have a load of it comeing in 2/3 weeks then its GAZZA time :D and this time there will be no mistakes and lets just say i am gonna pick an event in the US next year and i aint goin for 2nd place so all those doubters bring your wrtaps and video cameras and prepare to eat your WORDS.

Eric could you and Mr Beatty please remove my name from the top 50 and fbbc lists as i dont like where i sit at the moment and the next time you see me on that list it will be in top spot.

I hope this post does not affend my friends and some others but to other peopleyou no who you are tuff but your emails and pms have offended me and if you dont like it bring your wraps and lets let are bending speak as talk is cheap and im a little annoyed right now.

GAZZA IS BACK :rock

Glad you decided to Show Em' What's Up and not just quit!!! :rock

Glad you are sticking around Gazza!!!! :D Can't wait to see you bend some big steel :mosher

That's more like it. I hope to see you reach new levels real soon. Your last shiny bend was awesome.

Sounds like some rough steel. Probably pretty high carbon or heat treated I'm guessing. I've looked at a chart and some of the yields go pretty outa sight.

Good luck!

Tim

Climb the throne Gary!! :rock

A 7.5 incher felt easier than an Edgin for me, but the 8 incher, because of its awkward length, felt more difficult. I suspect if I trained with the 8 inch length it would eventually become easier than a standard Edgin.

Finally got my 7" and 8" Edgins in and although I wasn't feeling terribly "on" yesterday and today I did some bending anyway.

Yesterday I got my first 8" Edgin in about 5 minutes. The kink was awkward as hell just like you said Eric. :blink Hard bolt even at that length I thought.

Today I bent the 7" Edgin to slightly less than 90 degrees in about a minute. And then fought it for a total of 6 minutes but it wouldn't move for me this time. Still happy because the best I've done with the Edgin before today was just kink the threads...so soon it will be mine. Thanks again for the tips on the different length Edgins Eric. :rock

Thats crazy strong Ben.

My utmost respect for getting that monster kinked. :whacked

Thats crazy strong Ben.

My utmost respect for getting that monster kinked. :whacked

Thanks man! Now I know why they named this after the first guy to bend it! :cool

Eric

If i send you some stock can you calibrate it for me please,its cold rolled steel if i send you some 5/16"and 3/8" stuff cut at say 7",6.5",6" on the 3/8"stuff and 7",6.5",6",5.5",5"and 4.5" and 2 pieces of each will that be fine.

On the bending/measuring device i have had made it come out at about 14%harder than fbbc stock its really brutal stuff max has sampled some stuff about 7%harder than the fbbc stock but this stuff is put it this way a 7"piece feels like kinkinking a sub 6"bastard its hard all the way through doesnt move as quick as the bastard stock this was the stuffi was training on to get the shorter stainless stuff.

I have a load of it comeing in 2/3 weeks then its GAZZA time :D and this time there will be no mistakes and lets just say i am gonna pick an event in the US next year and i aint goin for 2nd place so all those doubters bring your wrtaps and video cameras and prepare to eat your WORDS.

Eric could you and Mr Beatty please remove my name from the top 50 and fbbc lists as i dont like where i sit at the moment and the next time you see me on that list it will be in top spot.

I hope this post does not affend my friends and some others but to other peopleyou no who you are tuff but your emails and pms have offended me and if you dont like it bring your wraps and lets let are bending speak as talk is cheap and im a little annoyed right now.

Listen I have no idea what all this nonsense is about, I guess I wasn't around for it. All I heard was that you were being criticized and that for some reason this broke your mental game..........Hey gazza, when they start talking smack about you that's when you know you're blowing some doors off,.........just ask gene rychlak, scott mendelson, andy bolton and mike miller!! Bring all the noise you got man......the herd stops for noone, it's all about the company you keep, if the mind stays strong everything else will follow.........quietly, quickly and with devastating power.......all the time, every time.

It is an honor to bo battle with someone of your strength level......... :rock

all the respect in the world,

Burner

A 7.5 incher felt easier than an Edgin for me, but the 8 incher, because of its awkward length, felt more difficult. I suspect if I trained with the 8 inch length it would eventually become easier than a standard Edgin.

Finally got my 7" and 8" Edgins in and although I wasn't feeling terribly "on" yesterday and today I did some bending anyway.

Yesterday I got my first 8" Edgin in about 5 minutes. The kink was awkward as hell just like you said Eric. :blink Hard bolt even at that length I thought.

Today I bent the 7" Edgin to slightly less than 90 degrees in about a minute. And then fought it for a total of 6 minutes but it wouldn't move for me this time. Still happy because the best I've done with the Edgin before today was just kink the threads...so soon it will be mine. Thanks again for the tips on the different length Edgins Eric. :rock

Nice work, Ben! It will be yours any day now. But you already knew that. ;)

Eric

Gary, I'll glady calibrate any steel you wish to send me.

As for removing your name from the list; I don't think it would be fair to all the others whose names are on the list. If you wish for a more detailed explanation, please PM me. All the best with your insane bending!

Hey eric I got a 5/16" G9 7" that I special ordered from ace hardware, ..........I know you have an ace near you. If you get the chance, check and see if they have any in stock.thinking about giving her a whack soon. If you can't find one, I will will send a fresh bar for calibration. It must be at the 3/8" in crush but probably easier in kink. Just curious as hell to see where she stands against the big G8. Let me know eric.

Burner

Hey eric I got a 5/16" G9 7" that I special ordered from ace hardware, ..........I know you have an ace near you. If you get the chance, check and see if they have any in stock.thinking about giving her a whack soon. If you can't find one, I will will send a fresh bar for calibration. It must be at the 3/8" in crush but probably easier in kink. Just curious as hell to see where she stands against the big G8. Let me know eric.

Burner

I know for a fact the Ace in my neighborhood doesn't carry any grade 9 bolts. Hopefully I have enough plates to calibrate it!

I ordered some edgins, and big G8's from mcmaster-carr yesterday. Looking forward to abusing them.

- Aaron

Eric, have you ever calibrated some short Edgins? Like 6" and 5.5" specifically? I kinked a 6" Edgin to 52 degrees in 30 seconds yesterday. And got a 5.5" Edgin to 32 degrees in 40 seconds. Of course they seized up because I didn't have the strength to finish them. But I'm curious what they would rate since I got them to the standard 30 degrees that I think you use to calibrate stock. Thanks!

Eric, have you ever calibrated some short Edgins? Like 6" and 5.5" specifically? I kinked a 6" Edgin to 52 degrees in 30 seconds yesterday. And got a 5.5" Edgin to 32 degrees in 40 seconds. Of course they seized up because I didn't have the strength to finish them. But I'm curious what they would rate since I got them to the standard 30 degrees that I think you use to calibrate stock. Thanks!

First of all, that's some way awesome bending, Ben! But no, I've never calibrated the shorter versions. My calibration device will need to be beefed up if I wish to much beyond 700 pounds.