• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom of Iowa2

• Sybersnott

• Darco

• Brad Prov

Ryan just turned 27 last month, I believe.

Has Ryan ever tried a Rolling Thunder?

Appears he would likely be good at that also.If not?perhaps someone could get him to try it.

IMHO.Ryans full clean and press is one of the greatest feats of strength done since Joel Sward took two INCH replicas for an approx. 80 ft 'farmers walk'.

Tell Ryan he IS the first to clean and strict press it....as far as I know MarK Henry did a full clean but had to push press it.

Kaz and Pfister 'kicked'it up and push pressed it.

I am not 100% sure about Hugo's press/push press...Hugo's lift wasn''t explained very well in the Iron Mind report...or at least seemed sort of vague to me. :dry

Ryan?may well be THE MAN. :rock

Has Ryan ever tried a Rolling Thunder?

Appears he would likely be good at that also.If not?perhaps someone could get him to try it.

tom!! it is funny you should ask that!! today in the gym, even though i can't do much with this right arm being in a cast, i talked to the owner of the gym i go to here in toronto.

i mentioned what ryan green did with the inch.

doug, the gym owner, says "ryan green, the HUGE strongman from kitchener? side burns, and glasses? he comes here" i say, "get out!"

he assured me that he seriously does.... to sell supplements to the dude who rents some space from the doug to sell supplements.

that being said! i'm going to approach the guy who sells supplements in my gym, i'm on good terms with the guy, an ask him if ryan truly does come in. i know the guy won't BS me cause he has mentioned ryan green in the passed to me about doing some business, though i didn't ask what.

i'll ask him if he can ask ryan if he'd be interested in trying out the RT as the grip board is extremely impressed with his strength and very eager to see what he can do with an RT. or he can tell me when he comes in and i'd approach him myself.

hopefully this is true and he'd be interested to try it out. i don't have a vid camera guys so if this is true, the best i can do is get a picture.

i'll let you guys know asap.

stay strong!! :rock

tom!! it is funny you should ask that!! today in the gym, even though i can't do much with this right arm being in a cast, i talked to the owner of the gym i go to here in toronto.

i mentioned what ryan green did with the inch.

doug, the gym owner, says "ryan green, the HUGE strongman from kitchener? side burns, and glasses? he comes here" i say, "get out!"

he assured me that he seriously does.... to sell supplements to the dude who rents some space from the doug to sell supplements.

that being said! i'm going to approach the guy who sells supplements in my gym, i'm on good terms with the guy, an ask him if ryan truly does come in. i know the guy won't BS me cause he has mentioned ryan green in the passed to me about doing some business, though i didn't ask what.

i'll ask him if he can ask ryan if he'd be interested in trying out the RT as the grip board is extremely impressed with his strength and very eager to see what he can do with an RT. or he can tell me when he comes in and i'd approach him myself.

hopefully this is true and he'd be interested to try it out. i don't have a vid camera guys so if this is true, the best i can do is get a picture.

i'll let you guys know asap.

stay strong!! :rock

Very cool. :laugh

That will be a great accomplishment to get him to try it out.A Picture works for me!

(I can't watch half the videos anyway.)

Lets hope he gives it a whirl.

What Ryans done so far!?!?!?......is amazing :bow and the gripboard definitely has the zealots,fans, freaks and oddballs :inno that will appreciate his grip(and brute)strength.

I'm suprised nobody else asked this but what are some of Ryan's max lifts or repping weights ?

I always thought that brute strength was his weak point since he hasnt ben training as long as most other competitors. :ohmy

As far as I know, the first time he saw it, he did four reps. That was a month before I taped that and I don't think he touched it between that time... (he doesnt own one, neither does anyone near him)

Brad,

Then what does he do to be able to do that?!? Overhead presses?? What?!?

C'mon, you're not telling us the whole story. Are we to believe that Ryan has NEVER seen the Inch, NEVER trained for it before this.... and he was able to do that??? :dry If it weren't for the video......... :unsure

As far as I know, the first time he saw it, he did four reps.  That was a month before I taped that and I don't think he touched it between that time... (he doesnt own one, neither does anyone near him)

Brad,

C'mon, you're not telling us the whole story. Are we to believe that Ryan has NEVER seen the Inch, NEVER trained for it before this.... and he was able to do that??? :dry If it weren't for the video......... :unsure

C'mon Syber.......maybe I'm misinterpreting your post but this is sort of coming off as insulting.Or at least it appears that way?.IMHO your making an issue of what is basically a non-issue.

The guy just did something nobody else in the world has done....Amazing feat.

If he used an INCH replica before..whatever. :unsure Sounds to me he has touched an INCH at one other time or another...but that seems to be about it.

Knowing a few strongmen myself I can just about be sure the guy doesn't dwell on the feat of cleaning and pressing the INCH.And IMO its unlikely he did any specific training for it.

I would guess? he is a good presser has a good grip :laugh ...and that he is very strong . :inno

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

get over it! deal with it! there are just some people that can smoke you and others in different endeavours.

before you can really say that about ryan snot, you would've had to see ryan's performance and intensity in strongman events, he's phenomenal and relatively new. he moves quite fast in just about everything.

why would someone like had to have an inch or worked with an inch before what he had done? i'm sure there are other people on this planet, never having seen or heard of an inch and being quite capable of lifting it on their first try. pressing it OH, different story.

an i know ryan does some OH work cause i've seen him move some impressive poundages on all strength tv, a strongman show here in Canada.

forgot to add in my post to snot, that not many here would wanna buy an inch, for one cause of the weight the shipping would be HUGE, and imagine the cost to ship that thing here in Canada? :whacked

Havent heard of too many inches floating around these parts....

C'mon Syber.......maybe I'm misinterpreting your post but this is sort of coming off as insulting.Or at least it appears that way?.IMHO your making an issue of what is basically a non-issue. The guy just did something nobody else in the world has done....Amazing feat.

Uh, wait a minute Tom.

Let's put it on this level. What Ryan just did would be kinda like some guy NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF taking the #4 gripper and repping it 10 times!!! :ohmy Oh, and this guy has never heard of the grippers before, never trained grip before and he came out of nowhere and did what he did to the #4.

I can't doubt Ryan on what he did - BECAUSE we have video proof of the feat.

THINK ABOUT IT..... this is a feat Mark Henry TRAINED for, and Mark Henry is no pushover in the slightest bit!

I give Ryan BIG props :bow ... hey double props :bow:bow because he did something I thought I'd never ever SEE.

What I'm expressing is his training for this. Am I to believe that the very first time he saw the Inch...... he could rep it overhead like that?!? :rolleyes

Maybe Brad can help me out on this. We know very little about Ryan, and what he did was a major league world-class feat of strength! He left Kaz (you remember him don't you?... he was a 3-time WSM winner) in the dust on this feat.

Ryan, competes in Strongman so it should be fairly obvious that he

a) Trains his shoulders like a mad man

b) Trains his supporting grip

c) Is a freak

So over all it's pretty easy to imagine that If he has more strength than is needed to lift the inch that he could manhandle it quite well first try < <

Edited by Darco

Just appreciate the feat for the awesome accomplishment that it is and feed off the energy it creates to help you reach a PR of your own. Be motivated by it not compelled to question it. Stop doubting what is obviously true and just accept it for what it is. Strongman training makes you freakishly brute, brute strong. Combine that with some specific training on overhead pressing and you got yourself one hell of a strong guy, oh yeah lets not forget the years of overall training that I am sure the guy has put in.

Edited by SHRUG

Uh, wait a minute Tom.

Let's put it on this level. What Ryan just did would be kinda like some guy NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF taking the #4 gripper and repping it 10 times!!!  Oh, and this guy has never heard of the grippers before, never trained grip before and he came out of nowhere and did what he did to the #4.

I can't doubt Ryan on what he did - BECAUSE we have video proof of the feat.

THINK ABOUT IT..... this is a feat Mark Henry TRAINED for, and Mark Henry is no pushover in the slightest bit!

I give Ryan BIG props  ... hey double props  because he did something I thought I'd never ever SEE.

What I'm expressing is his training for this. Am I to believe that the very first time he saw the Inch...... he could rep it overhead like that?!?

Dude, I am willing to bet there are plenty of strongman competitors out htere who could press the inch, they just don't know about it. Not to take away from the feat, but in my mind, it is not comparable to never before seeing the number 4 gripper and then closing it.

You can clean and press the inch with brute strength. You can't do that with the number 4 gripper. You have to know the technique.

John Wood has stated that non grip-trained college basketball players have lifted the inch, so why wouldn't a 300 pound monster like this Ryn guy have a chance of doing it. Look at him.

We do not know the size of his hands. A thick hand is a big advantage on the inch due to friction, and that is something a lot fo people do not realize because their hands are smaller. My palm size is a big factor in why I can pull the inch as high as I can.

Sorry man, just seems like you are calling this elite thick bar athlete a liar, when in fact he just walked up and dominated something that most of us will train years for before we can get it.

Sorry man. I get upset when people question feats on video. the guy dominated the inch and should not be harrassed like it seems to me you are doing.

-Jedd-

Well Put jedd and Shrug

so why wouldn't a 300 pound monster like this Ryn guy have a chance of doing it. Look at him

Dont cut the guy 75 lbs short Jedd :blush

The Inch is nowhere near the difficulty of a four simply because it can be over come with hand size (No disrespect intended). I'm actually more impressed with the actuall Press than the grip factor.

Edited by Darco

Sorry man, just seems like you are calling this elite thick bar athlete a liar, when in fact he just walked up and dominated something that most of us will train years for before we can get it.

..... I get upset when people question feats on video. the guy dominated the inch and should not be harrassed like it seems to me you are doing.

Jedd,

I am not calling anyone a liar or a cheat! Ryan did it AND he did it on video, so the proof is there - no one can deny that.

And yes, there are strength athletes that can LIFT the Inch, but can they do what Ryan did? Kaz had to leg-kick it up; Mark Henry pushed pressed it up - I WAS THERE at the AOBS and it nearly knocked him backwards upon the clean to his shoulder!

99% of us haven't heard of Ryan before this... that's what I'm saying. :dry

What Ryan just did would be kinda like some guy NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF taking the #4 gripper and repping it 10 times!!!   :ohmy   Oh, and this guy

THINK ABOUT IT.....  this is a feat Mark Henry TRAINED for, and Mark Henry is no pushover in the slightest bit!

He left Kaz (you remember him don't you?... he was a 3-time WSM winner) in the dust on this feat.

I guess thats one of the things that often happens.

Kaz...big name.Famous.

Marc Henry....big name.Famous.

Yep Ryan DID leave these guys in the dust...in this feat.

We often take Kaz,Henry (and others) accomplishments as gospel..because of who they are.

Being well known or famous does(human nature)cuts through some "red tape"so to speak. :D

Ryan Green?....not famous(although I have read about him and I believe he has competed in at least two Amercian strongmen contests)because he is an unknown his integrity is in doubt by some?...OR there MUST be a rational explanation for him doing this feat?

Hell,IMO,he is just a beast,he isTHE MAN, but IMHO. there are more out there.As the INCH gets around...more crazy stuff will happen.

Anyway.Not a big deal.Lets not get into an argument. Like you said Brad can give us the exact details of his workouts...

I just thought your post(perhaps inadvertantly)came off as kind of insulting.

Also,I just doubt that there was ANY special preperation.He is just stronger than we are.

SHRUG said it well:

"Lets appreciate the feat as the awesome accomplishment that it is and feed off the energy". Well put little fella.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2