training with John

Guest Bobjodoin

Guest Bobjodoin

I went over to John Lundstrom's again last night for a bit of a workout. I tried his "never been closed" #3 and it was definately harder than mine. I then tried the "original" CS #3 and it was harder still. I'll get them eventually. I did a little better on the INCH 130lber. I was able to just break it off the floor for a second. By 'just' I mean you might have gotten a credit card under it. It will come up soon. John was over in the corner messing with some stuff so just for fun I put on a lifting strap and came walking across the room with the dumbell proclaiming that it was easy. That made him double take until he saw the strap.

Next came my first ever thick bar work. He has an 86lb 2"smooth solid steel bar that works like a champ and fits nicely in his power rack.I worked up to about 450 or so. I could have done more but I wanted to do some regular bar work from the floor.

Good workout but not too hard. Lots of jaw work too. He is a good strength historian.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bobjodoin

This is an update from yesterday. Iwent over to John's again and met this young fella by that name of Bill Bailey (a Masters WRH) in the Highland Games do some easy mid-shin rack pulls with something in the low-to mid 4's and then crank out a bench workout in the 320 range for a final single. By young I mean 60.

Great guy!

I gave another go at the 2.5" 130lb "Half-INCH" and I got it big time. It was a good and legal lift. If I can repeat that next week I'll start adding a tiny bit of weight each week until I get to the big boy. I did some other stuff not related to grip and had a real good time.

Bob