Hercules Hold + Farmers Walk

Guest Michael Daly

Guest 77-1005097254

Re Strongest Team Olympics  - Hungary. The suitcase style weights used in the farmers walk were a mind boggling 175kg in each hand.Wout Zijlstra of Holland walked a world record 39m!   They used the same weights in the Hercules hold. The best time was by Janne Virtanen of Finland with an easy 32.6 seconds. I was so inspired by this, I had to try the hold for myself. I  made up the weights from old road drains with lead wrapped around them and weight plates added. The one inch handles were held with chains 24.5 inches off the ground. With a total weight of 350kg, I wasn't sure if I could lift even lift the weight off the ground (body strength) , but was pleased when I managed to hold for 12 seconds on my first attempt. Last sunday Iwalked 9m with 120kg in each hand, then 31m with 100kg in each hand. I would recommend this as an allover strength exercise and a great grip workout. I'll let you know my results as I improve on these exercises.      Thanks! Michael Daly.