Diesel Bending Video

Jedd Johnson

WOW

That is the best thing I have seen all dam week. Jedds Intensity is awesome. Shoot, I feel like lifting now !!!!!!!! D Crew rules. That was sooo great....and again..on intensity, Jedds awesome... :yikes:yikes:mosher:)

Not quite true. When you switched from the reverse to the double overhand you put your hands at the end of the bar, folding it, whereas Jedd bends it throughout. You keep on lumping folding with strict bending. Jedd's style requires very strong wrists.

First ....Jedd Congrates...Awesome job!

I'm sorry Mikael and i mean no disrespect but you are 100% incorrect. I've seen all your posts about bending and folding and etc ...but the truth is many of us started bending reds that way first ...then found that as we got stronger we didn't need to start the bend in reverse grip (less pain) so why do it that way. What i would like to know is if in a contest, How much of a bend would there have to be before you let someone turn the bar to double overhand? Is there a certain degree thats measured? In the Europeans EVERYONE turned to overhand and PUSHED on the ends of the bar after the initial kink so who says how much of a kink is needed before it can be turned to double overhand?...This is not a question to press your buttons and get locked. The grip community is small enough without each of us arguing about bending. It makes people lose interest and doesn't help resolve anything. I would like to know the answer. I think bending is overall hand and upper body strength, Unless its done underhand then theres more wrist involved......If your looking for wrist ONLY strength then maybe it should be front and rear lever in contests but NOTHING is more fun or cooler looking than a piece of bent steel :D ................P.S. I can reach any shelf if i take out the knees :D

I don't think anyone pushed on the ends of the bar in the Europeans. I am not aiming for banning the overhand style as such but rather to ban (from competitions) the overhand style where you keep your hands wide apart and push with all your might into the ends of it. No one was using that style in the Europeans. The latter style will probably not be allowed in next years Europeans (and this is certainly not only my personal oppinion Mobster).

jedd the bend was insane, and the closeline and elbow drop wernt bad either :blush

Eli

Yes, but apparently not good enough if you're still typing Eli...... :rock

Jedd goes beserk!! :D Nice video + great performance :bow !!

Dammit, the video keeps jumping right before Jedd clotheslines Eli and then skips to the elbow drop! haha

Clay, same thing here, perfect quality until the clothesline! I can't see it either, running XP and the latest media player version if it matters, on wireless broadband. Too bad, sounds great :) Eli could probably take a lot worse, he's not lacking in the strength/size dept either :rock

Here's a shot of just the clothesline for those who are not seeing it in the original video.

CLOTHESLINE

-Jedd-

I hadn't seen that...but it was worth the wait. You can see it in your face, Jedd..

"Yeah! Yeah!" (hmm, maybe I'll slap this young buck with a...) "YEAH!" (elbow drop).

Awesome!