IronMind Eagle loops

Guest kINGPIN

Guest kINGPIN

HEY THERE PEOPLE,

I LIKE TO MAKE MY OWN EQUIPMENT WHEN IT COMES TO GRIP TRAINING.  SO FAR I HAVE MADE SOME SERIOSLY STRONG STUFF LIKE A PINCH BLOCK, PINCH HUB, AND A HEAVY DUTY, FAT, WRIST ROLLER.  ALLTHOUGH I LIKE TO MAKE MY OWN EASY STUFF I HAVE INVESTED IN THE NO.1 COC AND I AM PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN THE EAGLE LOOPS BY THE SAME COMPANY (NO NEED FOR NAMES HERE).  MY QUESTION IS ........ARE THEY WORTH MY MONEY OR IS THERE A BETTER WAY I CAN RIG UP MYSELF AND SPEND THE MONEY ON THE NEXT GRIPPER?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

kINGPIN

------------------

WELCOME THE PAIN, AND ENJOY THE GAINS THAT COME WITH IT.

I have the Eagle Loops but haven't used them in awhile. They are good for many pulling movements including pull ups and partial deadlifts. The biggest complaint that I have heard is that the loops are painful.

Guest kINGPIN

THANX FOR THE PROMPT REPLY BARBENDER.  SO DO YOU THINK THAT MY MONEY COULD BE BETTER SPENT OR SHOULD I JUST STICK TO THE BASIC STUFF THAT I HAVE.  I AM ALSO USING A SLEDGE HAMMER AS A LEVER BAR AND WORKING MY WAY DOWN IT AS I GET STRONGER.  

------------

WELCOME THE PAIN, AND ENJOY THE GAINS THAT COME WITH IT.

• 1 month later...
Guest kINGPIN

Sorry everyone for bringing this one up again but I intend to buy them very soon and would like a little more input as to the pros and cons of them.  Do they work the fingers? ....or do they just hurt them.  Are they safe?  Are they long lasting?

Forget the Eagle Loops. Get yourself a #2 gripper. Believe me, it is a big notch stronger than the #1. That difference is bigger between the 2 and the 3 and even bigger between the 3 and the 4.

Good luck in your training !

p.s. (I responded your message in the Messenger section).

Guest kINGPIN

Tou, the reason I am getting them is to try and increase my finger strength in order to help me with the grippers.  Have you got a set of eagle loops?

No, I don't have eagle loops, never tried them. I think if you want to get your fingers stronger for the grippers, you have to workon the grippers themselves. A very effective exercise for the fingers is the finger walking. It is described by John Brookfield as one of the best exercise for the fingers.  Put your fingers on each side of a heavy sledgehammer. Your hands don't touch each other. You are pinching the hammer with your fingers. Note that the thumbs never touch the hammer. Try to walk the hammer up and down by moving your fingers. Do it for as long as you can.

Sorry if you already knew what finger walking was.

You might also try 2 fingers deadlifts.

If you decide to get the eagle loops, let me know if they are effective.

Keep training hard !

I am now using my Eagle Loops once per week to do two-fingered pull ups. Pulling up with the bottom two fingers is very difficult. The Eagle Loops may contribute very little, if any, to crushing strength. However, the pain tolerance gained from the two-fingered pulls may have some carry over to gripper crushing.

Guest kINGPIN

Tou,

I have never tried finger walking before but if if helps with the grippers then it is worth a shot, thanks for the suggestion.  If I get them then I will let you know how I get on.

Barbender,

I do not mind pain when training so long as it is not injury type pain. :)  It was the chinups that interested me the most as I do not have a chin up bar in my garage but there is something that I can wrap the loops around.