Any old milo mags?

Guest kINGPIN

Guest kINGPIN

I was wondering if anyone had any old Milo mags they would like to sell.  I am after about 2/3 just to get a taster.  I am considering getting a subscription but would like to read a few first to see if I like them.  They don't need to have any grip stuff in, its the lifts I'm more concerned about.

Thanks

Andy

Guest JSallee

You can buy back issues from Ironmind. The more you buy the cheaper they get.  

In the catalog you can read discriptions of each issue before you order.  This way you can find ones that may interest you the most.  

I am in the same boat as you, I have never read one, but am considering a subscription.  I got so sick of that other muscle mag, each month I would tear out all of the ads as soon as I got it in the mail.  It then looked like a thin pamphlet.

Guest kINGPIN

Sounds like a typical musclemag to me.  I am thinking of getting Hardgainer aswell because Stuart Mcrobert dose'nt seem to be bringing out any more books so hopefully that will have the same good info.  

As for back issues, they are a bit expensive because they are aimed at people who are looking for something in particular.  All I want to know is the layout and to see whether the info is any good.  Even if someone can find a tatty crumpled up one under there bed, that will do (so long as it is legible).

if you're interested at all in heavy sports MILO is great.  there is coverage of strongman, olympic lifting, highland games, armwrestling, and others.  along with that are articles on many of the old time greats, stuff on stone lifting, odd objects, and whatever else can be related to strength or weight.  add some routines to boot and you've pretty much got an issue.  all the photos are in black and white, and none are posed like the other muscle comics.  i think it's a very quality publication, and worth the money.

Guest kINGPIN

Allthough a lot of that does interest me, I am more into bodybuilding and anythiung that will help me progress in that.  I hav'nt bought a 'comic' in ages but would like a good magazine to read with real science and real training which is why I am considering it.

Sybersnott to the rescue!!  :D

Kingpin, if you go to the IronMind website, they have dinged and slightly worn copies of MILO at a great discount.  Not being a subscriber myself, I ordered a few copies just to get a taste.  What I saw made my mouth water - I'm going to subscribe!  

Jump on the website NOW, before they are all gone.  I got the three that they were offering - one from '94 and two copies from '98.  It's an excellent magazine!

http://www.ironmind.com

Guest kINGPIN

Thanx Snott, that'll do nicely.  I just want to get a taste of what the mag is like.  Also, be sure to put some pics up of yourself closing that 3 when the next issue is published.