EricMilfeld

Elite 74k, 83k - Grand Hexabastard & MM1

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • Joined 12 Years
  • Local time: 08:06 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

I'm attempting to match the height with my existing equipment for King Kong.  So, with an IM carabiner pulled taut on the IM loading pin what is the measurement from the floor to the bottom side of the  top of the carabiner?  That would be the point of contact for any equipment that would attach to the carabiner.

#2 OFFLINE   Hubgeezer

Hubgeezer

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 26 Days
  • Local time: 07:06 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'm attempting to match the height with my existing equipment for King Kong.  So, with an IM carabiner pulled taut on the IM loading pin what is the measurement from the floor to the bottom side of the  top of the carabiner?  That would be the point of contact for any equipment that would attach to the carabiner.

19 3/4 inches

• PeterSweden and Tank Andrade like this

#3 OFFLINE   EricMilfeld

EricMilfeld

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • Joined 12 Years

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

19 3/4 inches

Thank you, Mike!

• PeterSweden likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Hubgeezer

Hubgeezer

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 26 Days
  • Local time: 07:06 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

That would be using the large carabiner sold through IronMind. If you look at its shape in the photo of their catalogue, it has some unique valleys in it compared to a "clip".

#5 OFFLINE   EricMilfeld

EricMilfeld

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • Joined 12 Years

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

That would be using the large carabiner sold through IronMind. If you look at its shape in the photo of their catalogue, it has some unique valleys in it compared to a "clip".

Yeah, I have a very similar carabiner, but with my loading pin I come up 1" short.  I'll probably just put a 1" thick board under the loading pin.