1stCoC

Sponsor, Grip Master & Legend - 621

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 9 Months and 20 Days
  • Local time: 09:42 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

We were returning from some fact finding about new upgrades in safety shoes and had a minute to stop by a local owned drive through. Great hand made milkshakes. As we pulled up we noticed a two direction entrance to the order line and a single sign quietly stated said "please merge fairly " We were next up but saw a lady pulling up in the distance from the other direction. She was in a Kia and here we sit in a fire breathing Hummer so we stopped, smiled and waved her in. Kind of in a quiet way felt just good. When we pulled up to pay the person at the window handed us the money back and said" the lady in front of you paid for it and said thanks" . It has been a great day ever since. People caring ,doing the right thing for others,and sometimes even a pleasant return . Gee ,what a lesson learned. Kind of like passing down training tips or spotting the "new" guy or gal in the gym.
  • Jedd Johnson, Adam Moyers, Alawadhi and 7 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   climber511

climber511

Certified FBBC Bastard & IM Red Nail & MM Level 0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,874 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 3 Months and 23 Days
  • Local time: 03:42 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

We were returning from some fact finding about new upgrades in safety shoes and had a minute to stop by a local owned drive through. Great hand made milkshakes. As we pulled up we noticed a two direction entrance to the order line and a single sign quietly stated said "please merge fairly " We were next up but saw a lady pulling up in the distance from the other direction. She was in a Kia and here we sit in a fire breathing Hummer so we stopped, smiled and waved her in. Kind of in a quiet way felt just good. When we pulled up to pay the person at the window handed us the money back and said" the lady in front of you paid for it and said thanks" . It has been a great day ever since. People caring ,doing the right thing for others,and sometimes even a pleasant return . Gee ,what a lesson learned. Kind of like passing down training tips or spotting the "new" guy or gal in the gym.

Karma - you can't buy it :)

• anwnate likes this

#3 OFFLINE   bencrush

bencrush

1st Fantastic Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 8 Months and 12 Days
  • Local time: 02:42 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Nice!  Well done, Richard. :grin:

#4 OFFLINE   EricMilfeld

EricMilfeld

Elite 74k, 83k - Grand Hexabastard & MM1

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 1 Month and 19 Days

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

Your story made my day, Richard.  It's remarkable how such  seemingly small acts of kindness like the two you mentioned have  the power to change one's outlook on humanity, if only for a day.

#5 OFFLINE   Wannagrip

Wannagrip

Administrator & Certified Captain of Crush

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,297 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 9 Months and 25 Days

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

Great story...thanks for sharing this. 

#6 OFFLINE   rico300zx

rico300zx

GripBoard MashMonster Level 0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts
  • Joined 7 Years
  • Local time: 03:42 AM

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Nice story

#7 OFFLINE   1stCoC

1stCoC

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

With this ice storm South Carolina has ground to a halt. I figure it would be better to hunker down and range out only if needed. A knock at the door startled me. I don't have random visitors. I peeked out figuring a Zombie or two was ready to become really dead. It was a badged officer that had run his truck off the road on a sheet of ice. I figured they were here to haul me off for some historical infraction but it was just a good guy in need. I put on the YaxTrax ice traction boot protectors (that I think are better than sliced bread )to keep you from falls. Docs say I can't afford to fall again. Well , we hooked up the Ram truck down the hill to the front pintle hook of the Hummer. 4 wheel low,max lock, with trac control on pulled his truck uphill like a sled. What fun and an officer able to go back to work and help others! A new friend made. All good!
  • Autolupus, anwnate, Electron and 1 other like this

#8 OFFLINE   Wannagrip

Wannagrip

Administrator & Certified Captain of Crush

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,297 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 9 Months and 25 Days

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Nice Richard!  :)

#9 OFFLINE   Alawadhi

Alawadhi

Sponsor - IronMind Red Nail, Shiny Bastard, MM0

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,842 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 28 Days
  • Local time: 12:42 PM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

Nice story Richard!

#10 OFFLINE   1stCoC

1stCoC

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Time and memories is the only gift we have and " back paying " for some of the memories and knowing or at least hoping a "down day" of mine might be brightened by someone else deciding to give back for a good life they have had gives us all brightness and hope. All the trophies , money,or things acquired will ever replace peace of mind, respect,health ,and memories. It is what sustains us........
  • EricMilfeld likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Autolupus

Autolupus

IM Red Nail Bender and Bastard - MM Level 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 10 Months and 26 Days
  • Local time: 08:42 AM

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Nice stories Richard...and although it doesn't seem to happen as often as it probably should, nice when people acknowledge it! :)

#12 OFFLINE   1stCoC

1stCoC

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

The world can be a better place , we all just have to work at it! The more I look for good..... the more I find!