215kg 473lb Axle Deadlift Under Over Grip

Pinch Master J

Axle training session last night with my training partner P, I worked upto 147.5kg double over hand (I hope to be able to achieve 160-170kg neat year sometime). My finale lift at the end of the session was 215kg/473lb using the under over grip, My goal is to be able to complete a full deadlift with 250kg/550lb (at the end of a session) by next year.... Hopefully sooner than later lol...

My body weight was 87kg/191lb

Deadlift video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFBkk_S5O4

• Like 1

Dang that is a really strong deadlift man, great job.

Your technique could be improved and I think you will lift a lot more as a result also. You basically brute forced that lift. I'd recommend watching some of the "so you think you can deadlift" series but there are lots of good tutorial videos on youtube now. I struggle with this lift also due to a back injury a year ago and poor leverages but those videos have helped me improve the lift.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Dang that is a really strong deadlift man, great job.

Your technique could be improved and I think you will lift a lot more as a result also. You basically brute forced that lift. I'd recommend watching some of the "so you think you can deadlift" series but there are lots of good tutorial videos on youtube now. I struggle with this lift also due to a back injury a year ago and poor leverages but those videos have helped me improve the lift.

Nice 1 brother... i have been trying to use more back than leg in recent training in attempt to put more stress on my back as the last 1/4 of the lift is always the hardest for me where as others struggle more in the 1st 1/4 of the lift... i am far from an expert and am not sure if im going about it the right way... any tips are welcome ;-)

Good lifts!

Nice1 bro ;-)

Very strong!

You always end axle work with over /under grip?

Thank you bro... yea I go as high as I can double-over-hand grip and then carry on to as high as I can go using under-over grip... using only the fat-bar axel and never the olypic bar

• Like 1