EricMilfeld

Elite 74k, 83k - Grand Hexabastard & MM1

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 8 Months and 30 Days
  • Local time: 02:34 PM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

Here's my proposal.  If it's okay with you, Martin, as well as Aaron and the other NAGS guys, I'd really like to hold sort of a proxy contest here at my house.  This way the event-specific training Yori and I have been focusing on for the last few months won't go to waste.  We are both going after several weight class world records.  Of course, the date, time, rules, events, and order of things would all stay the same.  I think in light of us keeping all the relevant items the same it's not really going around the "30 day minimum notice for contests" rule. 

#122 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 9 Months and 8 Days
  • Local time: 12:34 PM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hi Eric,

At this point, I don't have any information yet that says we won't be able to have it here Saturday.  But in all fairness I wanted to give you guys a heads up, because I have driven from DFW to PHX, and I wouldn't want to pop a last minute surprise on you.  

I think your proposal is fine, but I'm not a decision maker in these sorts of things.

Aaron and I have done everything in our power to keep this comp alive, but it seems like the roadblocks have taken on a new level of tenacity this year.  

#123 OFFLINE   EricMilfeld

EricMilfeld

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Hi Eric,

At this point, I don't have any information yet that says we won't be able to have it here Saturday.  But in all fairness I wanted to give you guys a heads up, because I have driven from DFW to PHX, and I wouldn't want to pop a last minute surprise on you.  

I think your proposal is fine, but I'm not a decision maker in these sorts of things.

Aaron and I have done everything in our power to keep this comp alive, but it seems like the roadblocks have taken on a new level of tenacity this year.  

Unless for some reason you really still want to host the contest, I am more than happy to do so if it's ok with all the involved parties.  Under the circumstances, I would feel a bit uncomfortable competing with you hosting under such stress.  I say that because  I couldn't imagine doing so myself when I lost my grandfather a couple of years ago.  I know Aaron was lukewarm on competing at this point, to begin with.  Canceling at this point certainly doesn't reflect poorly on you or Aaron.  If there's any chance at all the contest could be cancelled or that you would be absent, and it sounds like there is, it would be much easier at this point for Yori and I to start making the arrangements and travel changes necessary to host it in Ft. Worth ASAP.  

#124 ONLINE   acorn

acorn

Red Bender, MM5, and Certified KOAB

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 2 Months and 19 Days

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

I don't have a problem with this if Martin does not. There is discussion on the whether we can do this on the NAGS promoter forum right now as well.

- Aaron

#125 ONLINE   Electron

Electron

Elite 59k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 30 Days

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

At this point, I really prefer Eric's suggestion.
Absolutely nothing against Aaron and Martin, and I'd like to compete with you guys the next chance we have.
However if the contest can be relocated to fort worth, it will take away all uncertainties this year and give me something concrete to plan for.
This year, it just seems like our stars are all unaligned. A reschedule wouldn't be great either, because I'm 15 down and don't see myself maintaining this weight much longer.
I am hopeful that taking this off your hands this year will give you both some needed peace of mind.
If and when you throw AZCG 2015, I'll be there and will bring it my all.

#126 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Last night my grandfather passed away.  The funeral is Friday, and thus I'm not able to be at the comp.  Since it seems like Yori and Eric (besides me) were the only ones competing (although there might have been some last minute folks that decided to do it), then I think it makes sense just for you guys to do it in TX, and save yourselves a heck of a lot of driving.  

#127 OFFLINE   EricMilfeld

EricMilfeld

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'm so sorry, Martin.

#128 OFFLINE   climber511

climber511

Certified FBBC Bastard & IM Red Nail & MM Level 0

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,653 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 3 Days
  • Local time: 03:34 PM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Martin - our thoughts are with you and your family.

#129 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Chris & Eric.  I appreciate your kind words.

#130 ONLINE   Electron

Electron

Elite 59k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 30 Days

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Glad that he had a long and happy life. I wish you and your family strength.

#131 ONLINE   acorn

acorn

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

Eric, I emailed the score sheet this morning.

- Aaron

#132 OFFLINE   Jedd Johnson

Jedd Johnson

Sponsor, COC, MM Level 2, & Grand Bastard

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,588 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 2 Months and 30 Days

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

Sorry to hear Martin.

#133 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Thanks Jedd & Yori.  As Yori said, it seems the stars were out of alignment for us in AZ this Spring.

I'm thinking we may try to organize something for later this year.  Not sure if it will be a full blown comp or a records day event.

• Electron likes this

#134 ONLINE   acorn

acorn

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Thanks Jedd & Yori.  As Yori said, it seems the stars were out of alignment for us in AZ this Spring.

I'm thinking we may try to organize something for later this year.  Not sure if it will be a full blown comp or a records day event.

True Story. Sounds good to me. 

#135 OFFLINE   Jedd Johnson

Jedd Johnson

Sponsor, COC, MM Level 2, & Grand Bastard

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,588 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 2 Months and 30 Days

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

The IGC convened to discuss the Cactus Grip contest, and with Martin's family's turn of events, we have decided it is acceptable for the venue to be changed to Eric Milfeld's locale.  Eric was planning on attending in Arizona and has run many contests, so we see no issue with this change.

Wishing you and your family the best at this time Martin.  Hopefully, you can put together another contest down the line.

Jedd