JHenze646

GripBoard Veteran

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 10 Months and 15 Days
  • Local time: 11:57 AM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

I bought one of your hubs. It a good piece of equipment. Just out of curiosity, why was that height and diameter chosen?

Thank you for the well built equipment,

Joshua

#2 OFFLINE   1stCoC

1stCoC

Sponsor, Grip Master & Legend - 621

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 1 Month and 23 Days
  • Local time: 05:57 PM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

We try with" hands on "experience to develop our equipment and always seek to make it better when we can. Ihave done hub lifts on barbell plates for over 40 years but the old deep dish Yorks are long gone and plates vary so much we tried to use a universal size hub to grip on to that replicates a barbell hub of old and the fingers when engaged are in a functional fairly straight position. Just enough depth and width to be a valid grip builder. We can do custom hubs and also media blasted "raw" steel as well by special request. The 2.39" diameter is chosen to be within a few thousandths of the handle of the famed Inch Dumbbell as well keeping with history and a reasonable size for all. I have always personally had some real success with wider hubs and if enough interest we can add one to our offerings. Thank you for your question and support! Richard

#3 OFFLINE   Mike Sharkey

Mike Sharkey

Red Roster & Official Bastard

• GB Contributor Level 2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 6 Months and 21 Days
  • Local time: 10:57 AM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

I just ordered this item and I'm excited to start training on it.  I'm also hoping the variety will give some good carryover to the IM Hub, which seems to be in fashion in competitions nowadays.  I would definitely be interested in a hub trainer wider than the IM also in Sorinex starts producing one.

#4 OFFLINE   JHenze646

JHenze646

GripBoard Veteran

• GB Contributor Level 1

• PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 10 Months and 15 Days
  • Local time: 11:57 AM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply, Mr. Sorin. I wondered if the size was specific to certain barbell plates or for a specific training application. Additional sizes would always be of interest.

I just ordered this item and I'm excited to start training on it.  I'm also hoping the variety will give some good carryover to the IM Hub, which seems to be in fashion in competitions nowadays.  I would definitely be interested in a hub trainer wider than the IM also in Sorinex starts producing one.

You wont be disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users